Crown Princess Mette-Marit Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love these earrings...Good to hear from you salma, haven't seen you in a while!

Thank´s Rubies:flowers: I hope MM used the earrings again.

Loved seeing MM in pearl tiara and Martha in amethyst.
Great idea!

She looks great with this tiara.

Wonderful to see her with this tiara. But I don't like that it's worn at such an extreme angle. It's like trying to hide the tiara in the hair when it should stand up proudly. So the Norwegians finally started to share their jewellry? Good idea imo!

Was the amethist tiara usually worn by MM? And who usually weat the pearl tiara?
Since when these tiaras are owned by the NRF?

I thought she was going to wear the Amethyst tiara and parure. This one looks beautiful too. I also loved the pearl earrings!

Was the amethist tiara usually worn by MM? And who usually weat the pearl tiara?
MM usually wears her wedding tiara and the amethyst tiara.
The small version of the pearl tiara was worn by Princess Märtha Louise for her wedding, and is also often used by Queen Sonja (although she often wears the larger version).

Last edited:
Tiara looks beautiful on her. Just wish she would have sat it up a little higher, not so much like a headband. Glad to see the jewels were spread around well during the wedding.

I love the earrings:
Detail with white and grey pearl
Imageshack - 51061418.jpg
It seems to be a very versatile pair of earrings
for the pre wedding concert she wore them with a red stone
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=07175_12941234_122_169lo.jpg

And it seems for the wedding she has shortened the diamonds and wears the same white pearls she did for the Charles dinner
http://img197.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=07175_swedenwedding201021_122_239lo.jpg

So she actually wore the same earrings to all three wedding events

She first wore them shortly after Haakon returned from the Qatar/Saudi Arabia trip, mayeb he bought them there or it was a gift?

She probably didn't wear the same earrings, she just has what seems like 3 different pairs of the same type of earrings.

Finally I am super-happy seeing her with a new (to her) tiara and also some new and versatile earrings. In the past she always used to wear the same chandelier earrings for grand occasions and (althoug they are beautiful) it was always the same look & feel.
Bye Bine

I agree also; it was wonderful to see her with a different tiara worn differently. And her earrings are wonderful; probably the same set but quite a versatile set!

She was the best dress (IMO) at all of the wedding festivities other than the bride.

Her dress was really beautiful, and I loved all of her jewels. Her tiara seems like it wasnt sitting right, though. Either way, she looked amazing.

She probably didn't wear the same earrings, she just has what seems like 3 different pairs of the same type of earrings.

Lumutqueen I think you are right about different pairs of earrings. I don't think the gems on the bottom can come off of the diamond part.:flowers:

The brooch matches the tiara, is it a set?

I think it is. Queen Sonja often wears this brooch with the small and the large version of the Queen Maud Pearl Tiara. Usually she's pinning it on her sash.
Picture

Both where Wedding gifts to Queen Maud. But from different origins. The tiara was a gift from her parents. Don't remember from whom she got the brooch but it was not from her parents.

In the HQ pics of MM from the Swedish wedding, it is very clear that the wrapping around the base has been changed from the brown worn during ML's wedding and by the Queen to this lighter "blonde" color that goes better with MM's hair. Could this mean that this tiara will now be used most often by MM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom