Crown Princess Mette-Marit Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the amethyst tiara hers? If yes, how come she never wears it? it's gorgeous and she looks great in it. It looks alot like the necklace Princess Grace sometimes wore as a tiara.

I think Mette-Marit borrows the amethyst tiara parure from Queen Sonja, the last I heard is that Mette-Marit only recieved her wedding tiara and a few other pieces (non tiaras) like bracelets and necklaces but I believe she still has to borrow the tiaras since they belong to Queen Sonja. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong please. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been said in places that the amethyst parure was a gift from the King and Queen on the occasion of Ingrid Alexandra's birth.

She's worn the amethyst set 5 times, I think. It's said to be a gift on the occasion of Ingrid Alexandra's birth so that would mean she's worn it 5 times in about two years.
Italian State Visit
Fred and Mary Prewedding concert
First dinner in Britain
2004 Dinner for Stortinget
Swedish State Visit

Hmmm, I have to say that I'm not a very big fan of the amethyst tiara. I usually like necklace conversions, but this one is so obviously a necklace that it just doesn't look right to me. Oh well.

I agree that the amethyst tiara/necklace looks much better as a necklace. As a tiara it seems to jut up out of nowhere on her head. Maybe she needs to wear it with a bigger hair do and put a couple more amethyst elements on each side to smooth out the line a bit.

An dragonfly brooch, worn to recieve weddinggifts in august 2001, If I remember correctly it was gift from her hometown.
sfsdf8if.jpg

scanpix picture

I love her wedding tiara, it is one of my favourites of all the royal tiaras. Garrards is a very popular jewellers with the British royals too so it would be quite likely that it came from there.

I think it's about time that the princess receives a new tiara:)

HRHAmy said:
I think it's about time that the princess receives a new tiara:)
Sonja is very tight on the jewellery (which is a bit :huh: since she got access to everything when she became Crown Princess) Märtha Louise also only has that one smal tiara she recieved for her 18th birthday. IMO Sonja should lend out the Malteser tiara and the pearl tiara in the setting Märtha wore it for her wedding to her daughter and daughter in law. Maybe a phone call to Queen Beatrix, who seems to be the only one to understand fully that tiaras look better on someones heads than in the vault, would help.:flowers:

Soon Mette-Marit has been married for 5 years, in those years she has worn a tiara 18 times in public, once as a necklace. There are though other times as there are some gala dinners around christmas that we dont get pictures from.

Sources: Nettavisen, Anb, siste, thai photocenter, Vg, se og hør og aftenposten.

I agree with you, when you are talking about new tiara. But We have one more crown princess Which has only ONE tiara. It's princess Mathilde of Belgium... But whole Belgiums royal family is poor on tiaras, so maybe there is no other way, only the new tiara.
But NRF has more tiaras and I think, Topaz tiara, which doesn't suit to Queen Sonja would really suit to Mette-Marit. It's a pitty when on family jewels is falling dust.
I love that idea in Dutch royal family, where has Maxima full acces to family jewels. And I think, in spanish royal family it's the same. I bet, princess Letizia can choose every tiara which would suit to her. :)

mims111 said:
But We have one more crown princess Which has only ONE tiara. It's princess Mathilde of Belgium... But whole Belgiums royal family is poor on tiaras, so maybe there is no other way, only the new tiara.
The problem in Belgium is that the tiaras aren't "family" tiaras, but individually-owned. Thus we may not see anything much new until Queen Fabiola decides to pass some trinkets down the line. The true extent of her collection may reveal some surprises.

A pair of new broches worn for the first tiem August 23 2006

Sara Joannesen

I dont think Mette-Marit has jewellery that sufficiently exhibits her status as a Crown Princess.

Perhaps Mette-Marit prefers simpler pieces.

After all, Norway isn't a country which is into aristocracy and pomp.

Here is lovely topas (maybe) ring of Mette Marit, source seegerpress:
pre-SEEGER00165681.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a close-up on the ring? The band is certainly different, jade perhaps?

something interesting:

Her hair, pulled back in a careful chignon, was adorned with a six-metre veil of silk tulle and a magnificent diamond tiara dating back to 1910, a gift from King Harald and Queen Sonja.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2001/08/25/haakondress/

A pic of the tiara - rather close: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://royal-jewels3.tripod.com/brides/norway-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://royal-jewels3.tripod.com/bridal/2001.html&h=125&w=110&sz=12&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=voub-JeH1H5lqM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=73&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmette-marit%2Btiara%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Last edited:
If I could pick two non-tiara/parure pieces from royal jewelry boxes, I think I'd pick Mette-Marit's wedding earrings and these daisy ones that she wore today. Both pairs are just gorgeous!

does anyone know if mette-marit has worn the necklace which she wore to her pre wedding gala again?

thank you Her Majesty it is a beautiful piece. Was it a wedding present from the King and Queen or was it only loaned to Mette-Marit? Has she ever worn it as a tiara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom