Crown Princess Mette-Marit Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MM seems to be getting a nice small collection to work with and I think she wears them very elegantly. I also think she gets more and more beautiful, oh that Norwegian skin is just beautiful!! She mixes her pieces well with different looks which gives the illusion of more. very clever!

I would love to see MM receive a new tiara to wear for her 10th anniversary party! Or maybe loaned something from Sonja that hasn't been seen in a long time like the pearl and Emerald bracelet bandeau that Sonja wore early in her reign.

I would love to see MM receive a new tiara to wear for her 10th anniversary party! Or maybe loaned something from Sonja that hasn't been seen in a long time like the pearl and Emerald bracelet bandeau that Sonja wore early in her reign.
I love your idea of the emerald bracelet bandeau for MM!! It would look very nice on MM (with the right hair, of course) and Q Sonja doesn't wear it anyway.
But will they have such a high profile wedding party with all the tiara glam? I would think that they will celebrate more low key:sad:.

does anyone have a good close up of the jewller worn at her and the prince wedding celebration august 25th

Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit´s 10th. wedding anniversary
Images have been heavily cropped (less than 20% of the original versions) and are not subject to copyright

She wore the diamond ring at Prince Albert´s wedding. I love the little bracelet with the moon.

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 7,036
  • mm1.jpg
    mm1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,157
I don't believe I've seen Mette Marit wearing these diamond ad ruby earrings before. This is a fantastic picture of her from the gala dinner with the President of South Africa. If they're new they're substantial and gorgeous!

http://i51.tinypic.com/w1fwbt.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe a gift for the wedding anniversary? Beautiful!!

They're gorgeous aren't they? You can see them in the official photo where she's wearing the pink ruffled dress.

She also used those earrings at CP Victoria's pré-wedding consert, if I'm not mistaken...

I don't believe I've seen Mette Marit wearing these diamond ad ruby earrings before. This is a fantastic picture of her from the gala dinner with the President of South Africa. If they're new they're substantial and gorgeous!

Wow! I love the earrings! They are truly unique and make a stunning statement with this outfit. But for me the biggest surprise was the way Mette Marit worked her tiara. What a stylish and unique way of wearing it. I don't know if she has ever worn it that way before but, it looks fabulous, dare I say, almost Halo -like.

Love the earrings. I don't like the tiara way back on her head like that. Makes it hard to see.

Does anybody know what those earrings are, their beautiful, classical yet modern as well. I'm not too certain they're rubies though. But, I love her tiara like this, it just framed her face so perfectly. I've never seen it worn like a kokoshnik or like a halo, but I like it!

These earrings are stunning, especially the large red stones (rubies perhaps?)! And they suit MM a lot!

I don't believe I've seen Mette Marit wearing these diamond ad ruby earrings before. This is a fantastic picture of her from the gala dinner with the President of South Africa.

These earrings are old, MM has it since 2010.

1- with ruby
2- with grey pearl
3- with white pearl
4- short version
Images have been heavily cropped (less than 20% of the original versions) and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
I´ve read that this brooch was a gift from King Harald and Queen Sonja to MM when she and Haakon announced their engagement.

Image Upper.com - View Photo

I love all the above pearl earrings on MM, great choices! The brooch is, apart from ugly, quite 'detestable' IMO. They had no reason to choose an item whose shape resembles the half moon, it's so not European, as far as cultures are concerned.

I agree. The earing combinations are all particularly beautiful. However, I do not like the brooch at all. It is neither feminine nor European for that matter.

:previous: Actually, I ve noticed from brownsing the sales archives in auction sites like Christie's that this exact type of crescent brooch (crescent on a bar with single stone at the ends) was quite popular in the victorian times (I guess this was the period when the Teck crescent tiara was also made). So if it is a true family heirloom from those times and not purchased especially for MM, it is a nice and fitting engagement gift IMO, no matter what the cultural references are. But anyway as far as style oes, I find it unflattering too

I love antique cresent brooches and yes they were very popular. Princess Maxima has a nice one as well!

I had no clue - thanks for the info, Snowflower! :flowers: It still looks odd and quite ugly to me and I'm glad some posters agreed. A more feminine brooch could be a much better gift for a Princess's engagement IMO.

Those earings are stunning.Truly regal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom