The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I sugest that these are the same earring but in diferent version, The second one is a detachable from the first version. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1132090235 and http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=147617
To me they look like different. In the second picture there are much smaller stones around the outside which are missing from the first photograph.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

The first are from Natan, they're costume jewellery.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I more think the gems looks like its have been made from acrilic . I think the stones real colour is more like light blue http://www.angelfire.com/de3/verenas...as/Maxima.html. Yes it reminds me the statue of liberty
It are crystalclear big and wonderfully cut aquamarines mounted together in a parure for Princess Juliana somewhere in the 1920's.

Apart from this the Orange-Nassaus do own more aquamarine jewelry, under them large pendants, a different collier and a big aquamarine broche which was worn by The Queen on Prinsjesdag 2006.

No plastic and no acrylic. It were the golden curtains on the background which shined through the gems and made it strangely coloured. On TV Princess Máxima's parure sparkled quite a lot indeed.

All by all she is the best bejewelled 'Crown Princess' in terms of variety of jewelry, size of gems and historical relevance. For an example: the only diademe by Princess Mathilde is just a new piece with small diamonds and no any provenance.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
No plastic and no acrylic. It were the golden curtains on the background which shined through the gems and made it strangely coloured. On TV Princess Máxima's parure sparkled quite a lot indeed.
You saw it on tv? Oh boy, I always seem to miss all the fun...
I have a big HQ pic of the Aquamarine parure (which is originally coming from Getty through the GREMB, I think). You can really see how the gems are cut, they really seem to sparkle...

And to complete the list on Maxima's tiara's, here's a picture of Maxima wearing the rose cut diamond bandeau (my all time favourite ) at the gala diner in Thailand (pic from palaces.thai.net):

Old 08-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Royal Highness

Ow..... aren't these glorious and sparkling ?

The Bandeau of Old Rose-cut Diamonds seems a simple row of diamonds. But what a bonbonellas! And very, very old. The knowledge that these have been worn by Princesses of Orange born York, Stuart, Hessen, Hannover, Hohenzollern, Romanov, Württemberg, Waldeck-Pyrmont adds so much to this.

Not in terms of $$$. But in terms of historical provenance. These very same diamonds were worn during a Court Ball in 1772. Or during a reception in 1819. You know what I mean.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
To me they look like different. In the second picture there are much smaller stones around the outside which are missing from the first photograph.
Are you sure that they are stones, the smaller stones you mentioned, for me, seem to be parts of metal which hold the earing clips (I have a kind of earring which I can remove and change the stone from it's clips).
Does somebody knows for sure about both of Maxima's ring. I know many Royals like to have "multy function" jewelry such as earrings can convert to be a brooch or necklace has been wore as tiaras, very interesting isn't it.

Thanks for the bigger Photo of Maxima with the aquamarine tiara Maxie, It looks wonderfull doesn't it. Actually I prefer the colour af her big aquamarine pendant she wore somewhere (in post no 55 by Marenggo in this thread) it seems to have more deep aquamarine colour than the one on tiara (but I am not sure if it just because of the light).
Old 08-14-2006, 05:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It are crystalclear big and wonderfully cut aquamarines mounted together in a parure for Princess Juliana somewhere in the 1920's.

Apart from this the Orange-Nassaus do own more aquamarine jewelry, under them large pendants, a different collier and a big aquamarine broche which was worn by The Queen on Prinsjesdag 2006.

All by all she is the best bejewelled 'Crown Princess' in terms of variety of jewelry, size of gems and historical relevance. For an example: the only diademe by Princess Mathilde is just a new piece with small diamonds and no any provenance.
Henry, you seem to know well the history behind the Jewelry of the house of Orange Nassau, it is very nice you shared it with us . Of course I didn't mean that the tiara has made from acrillic but just, from the picture, it looks alike as it is made from acrillic. I know that the house of Orange is one of the royal house which have alot of wonderfull jewelries and precious stone.

I found another picture of the aquamarine tiara in verena's website which shows more deep colour of it http://www.angelfire.com/de3/verenas.../Margriet.html Since you seems to know the tiara or may be ever seen it by yourself could you tell us which one of the tiara's picture in this thread has the closest tone colour with the original aquamarine in this tiara, thanks (or may be somone else can) .
Old 08-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Royal Highness

Because the aquamarines are almost colourless, with a shade of blue, they do adapt very much to the surrounding colours.

In the first two pics the Aquamarines show more of their original colour because there was a chandelier behind Máxima, so its light shines through the aquamarines. They are very sparkling, something a picture does not chatch at all.

In the first two pictures the Princess wore no collier, but she had a big rectangular aquamarine as a brooch. The Princess wore no collier because the gown had such an high neckline.

The last two pictures had no source of light behind the Princess. The flashes form the photographers were reflected by the golden curtain and its colour shines through the aquamarines. You can see their shadows on the background. Bad lighting by the palace, actually. They better choose a more neutral place with contra-lighting, like on the first two pics.

In the last two pictures the Princess wore no brooch, probably because it was a strapless gown and she could not fix it on a band. Because it was so low cut, the modern aquamarine collier could be worn.

Source pictures: ANP Press Agency / uploaded via my own webspace
Old 08-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Are you sure that they are stones, the smaller stones you mentioned, for me, seem to be parts of metal which hold the earing clips (I have a kind of earring which I can remove and change the stone from it's clips).
I have had another look but i am still of the same opinion. In the second photograph at the top of the earring there is a small pale pink stone which is absent from the first photograph as are the other smaller stones around the outside which are quite hard to see. They look to both be by the same designer and alot of designers often have different variations on the same style and design available.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Because the aquamarines are almost colourless, with a shade of blue, they do adapt very much to the surrounding colours.In the first two pics the Aquamarines show more of their original colour because there was a chandelier behind Máxima, so its light shines through the aquamarines. They are very sparkling, something a picture does not chatch at all.
Yes, lucky for someone who ever seen the royal jewel in real, because picture and TV often shows bit different from the real image.
Unfortunately I can not see the first picture clearly because Maxima too far but the second picture looks better, thanks for the pictures
Old 08-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
I have had another look but i am still of the same opinion. In the second photograph at the top of the earring there is a small pale pink stone which is absent from the first photograph as are the other smaller stones around the outside which are quite hard to see. They look to both be by the same designer and alot of designers often have different variations on the same style and design available.
I just notice something in this picture http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=213851&d=1132090235 in the most bottom part of the earring I can see kind of small metal in round shape. And in second picture http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147617 , as you have mentioned before, there is a small pink stone. I think it is possible that the pink stone is kind of ears-stud which can go through the round metal and hold the piece (after it is detached from the first version) and then she can wear it as the second version. And the small things surround are part of metal which come with the stud to make the piece hold better in its second version .
But that just my thinking and you are probably right that they are just a different pairs in similar looking (btw it is very difficult to see it in clearly from the picture and also on the picture the stone’s colour often changes because of light).
The earrings in second picture may not be other version of the earrings in the first picture but the round metal in the bottom part makes me think that this earring can be in different version.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Ow..... aren't these glorious and sparkling ?

The Bandeau of Old Rose-cut Diamonds seems a simple row of diamonds. But what a bonbonellas! And very, very old. The knowledge that these have been worn by Princesses of Orange born York, Stuart, Hessen, Hannover, Hohenzollern, Romanov, Württemberg, Waldeck-Pyrmont adds so much to this.

Not in terms of $$$. But in terms of historical provenance. These very same diamonds were worn during a Court Ball in 1772. Or during a reception in 1819. You know what I mean.
No Stuart/York/Hessen lady ever wore these diamonds. The diamonds of the rose-cut bandeau (25 in total) were bought by Stadholder Willem IV, who gave them to his wife Princess Anna of Orange, nee Pss of Great-Britain, Ireland and Hannover (and Princess Royal). But they were part of the Old Crown parure, like some stones that once belonged to Queen Mary II, Princess of Orange (among them the Stuart/Holland diamond).

--

The aquamarine tiara was given to Juliana upon her 18th bithday, so in 1927. It seems that they shortened the necklace recently though. On all the other pictures it seems to be longer.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

it looks really good on her
Old 08-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalgertjan
Princess Maxima with bandeau-tiara
Gert-Jan, I adore that pic! Thank you for sharing it!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
A little collection of Tiaras worn by Princess Maxima, I've created :)

I made an update of the Tiara Collection.

Now you can see every tiara Máxima ever wore (I hope I didn't forget any event).
She wore a tiara for 17 times.

http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/

Old 08-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

Nice work, H_M! Looks to me like you've got them all covered!
Old 08-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Serene Highness

Great work HM! I still think that tiaras of Dutch royal family is the most beautiful!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Wow! she has worn 8 different tiaras, more than many Queens!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Nobility

That bandeau tiara may be my all-time favorite of any tiara in any royal family. Those are amazing diamonds. But the rest of the tiaras that Princess Maxima has worn seem very spikey in style. Like they could injure someone.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:

Now you can see every tiara Máxima ever wore (I hope I didn't forget any event).
She wore a tiara for 17 times.

http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/
She wore the Melliero rubies on an official photosession, so let´s cheat and count that as number 18

http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maxima6pc6.jpg (posted by JesRulsz)

Tags
jewellery, maxima, princess maxima