Crown Princess Maxima Jewellery 1: February 2003-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lotus said:
9 tiaras !! I think Crown Princess Mazima has tiara more than other Princess...

I don't think she owns any of the tiaras, except maybe her wedding tiara, all the jewells belong to a foundation and she can borrow them when she needs.

auntie said:
I don't think she owns any of the tiaras, except maybe her wedding tiara, all the jewells belong to a foundation and she can borrow them when she needs.

I think that's right, I don't think that she really owns a tiara because most of the tiaras & jewels were put once in a foundation. But as Auntie said, she can use these jewels when she needs them.

If you compare it with HRH Princess Claire, ... Claire has her own tiara... Maxima hasn't a tiara of her own but can wear the whole collection.

No Dutch royal owns major jewels or possessions

Hans said:
I think that's right, I don't think that she really owns a tiara because most of the tiaras & jewels were put once in a foundation. But as Auntie said, she can use these jewels when she needs them.

If you compare it with HRH Princess Claire, ... Claire has her own tiara... Maxima hasn't a tiara of her own but can wear the whole collection.

Queen Wilhelmina (1880-1962) and her daughter Queen Juliana (1909-2004) were single children and the single heiresses of all the Orange-Nassau fortunes and possessions. This was an unique and never seen situation: all the jewels, the artworks, the properties, the archives, the libraries, the estates, for an exceptional long time in ownership of one single person.

Because Netherlands civic law requires that the surviving spouse and all children have the right on specific equal parts of the heritage, this would mean a break up into 4 children and their 14 children and their .... children.

To avoid the prizeless collections to be broken up and sold off, Queen Juliana has put almost everything into the ownership of various family-foundations like the Foundation Historic Collections of the House of Orange-Nassau, the Foundation Archives of the House of Orange-Nassau, the Foundation Crown Properties of the House of Orange-Nassau, etc.

Of course the princesses do have personal jewelry, for an example parts of the huge 1901 Diamond Wedding Gift Parure, but the main jewels, the gold-, silver- and crystalware, the artworks, the carriages, the inventory of the many palaces, etc. are no longer in personal ownership.

However this was a difficult step to take (you give away family properties in trusts), the advantage is that for eternity the wonderful collections will remain together, so that also Queen Catharina-Amalia will be able to eat from golden plates once used by Mary II Stuart. That also Countess Eloïse can ride to her wedding church in a carriage which once transported Queen Anna Paulovna. That Princess Máxima can wear the House Diamonds which once dazzled Napoleon's contemporaries.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Does anyone know where this emerald tiara (the one she wore to the Australia visit) came from? Who first wore the tiara? Is it a mixture of tiaras?

Huge black pearl earrings:

from PPE
Has anyone seen them before?

uriel said:
What is the tiara Maxima's wearing in the first image, the third line? I'm quite interested in it.

It is the base of Queen Anna's drop pearl tiara. She also wore the tiara in Oslo, for the wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit. The Queen usually wears the tiara with 7 upstanding pearls. More information on John's excellent site.

Marengo said:
It is the base of Queen Anna's drop pearl tiara. She also wore the tiara in Oslo, for the wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit. The Queen usually wears the tiara with 7 upstanding pearls. More information on John's excellent site.

Thank you, Marengo!!
Do you have any pictures of Queen Anna's drop pearl tiara?

Is Queen Anna's drop pearl tiara the one: Württemberg Ornate Diamonds-and-Pearls Diademe?

uriel said:
Is Queen Anna's drop pearl tiara the one: Württemberg Ornate Diamonds-and-Pearls Diademe?

No, that diademe is much more elaborate & has never been worn by Maxima (yet). Click on this link to see the tiara (from Johns wonderfull site again): Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara.

Thank you, Marengo! But I can't log in John's website. Will try later.

Marengo said:
No, that diademe is much more elaborate & has never been worn by Maxima (yet). Click on this link to see the tiara (from Johns wonderfull site again): Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara.

It seems to be a favourate of the Queen's.

auntie said:
It seems to be a favourate of the Queen's.

No, the Queen's absolute alltime favourite is Queen Emma's floral diademe in the smallest setting: http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/new_page_7.htm

This is by far THE diademe she prefers and she has worn uncountable times. It is small, it is light, it is comfortable but still it provides enough sparkle.
:lol:

Henri M. said:
No, the Queen's absolute alltime favourite is Queen Emma's floral diademe in the smallest setting: http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/new_page_7.htm

This is by far THE diademe she prefers and she has worn uncountable times. It is small, it is light, it is comfortable but still it provides enough sparkle.
:lol:

:mad: Henri M, I can't log in any webpages you provided!! Could you just upload the images to the forum?
BTW, are the images tiaras on display or tiaras worn by the royal ladies? Thank you.

Hi uriel, the tiaras are worn by the royal ladies, and are not on display.

uriel said:
:mad: Henri M, I can't log in any webpages you provided!! Could you just upload the images to the forum?
BTW, are the images tiaras on display or tiaras worn by the royal ladies? Thank you.

Queen Beatrix with her alltime favourite diademe:
Queen Emma's diamond floral motif diademe (1890) worn in it's smallest setting
Queen Emma of the Netherlands born Princess zu Waldeck und Pyrmont (1858-1934) is the second spouse to the Queen Beatrix' great-grandfather King Willem III of the Netherlands, Grand-Duke of Luxembourg (1817-1890) and she is her great-grandmother.

Queen Beatrix with her second alltime favourite diademe:
Queen Sophie's ornate pearls and diamonds Diademe (1839) worn in its smallest setting.
Queen Sophie of the Netherlands born Princess of Württemberg (1818-1877) is the first spouse to Queen Beatrix' great-grandfather King Willem III of the Netherlands, Grand-Duke of Luxembourg (1817-1890).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Her Majesty, the earrings are beautiful!

Henri M. said:
Queen Beatrix with her alltime favourite diademe:
Thank you! Henri M!
I like this tiara, too. It's small, yet shining

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom