The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Commoner

here is a picture of prinses maxima wearing a broche with a pearl and at paleis het loo in apeldoorn you can by the exact copy for 45 euro , i have bougtht it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	233480   Click image for larger version

Name:	atr4.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	233481  

Old 03-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Commoner

you can wear the brouche in 3 diverend way's namely like the picture , with the point under and you can get the pearl of and wear it like a pendant around your neck.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanda oosterveen
you can wear the brouche in 3 diverend way's namely like the picture , with the point under and you can get the pearl of and wear it like a pendant around your neck.
How nice it that!
I would love to have some royal jewelry, but 45 euro for a brooche; way too expensive.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Commoner

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrjam
How nice it that!
I would love to have some royal jewelry, but 45 euro for a brooche; way too expensive.

It is pure silver and a cultivated pearl in it!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It is pure silver and a cultivated pearl in it!
I think it's a wonderful brooche. Queen Beatrix wore it on her wedding with prince Claus:
Old 03-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness

It seems that the Dutch RF loan out their jewels to all members!
Old 03-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
It seems that the Dutch RF loan out their jewels to all members!
As a matter of fact they have a foundation in which the royal jewels are kept, so they can be saved from being sold or given away to all kind of family members. Every queen or princess who belongs to the royal household is allowed to use the jewels in the vault. Though I think Queen Beatrix always has a say in it, but I'm not sure about that. Does somebody know how this foundation works exactly?
Old 03-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Commoner

Thumbs up

it works like this: any member who is in the royal family can wear the jewelery but when it is going up for sale the must offer it to the people of the royal family first before it is going to auction!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
it works like this: any member who is in the royal family can wear the jewelery but when it is going up for sale the must offer it to the people of the royal family first before it is going to auction!
i really dont think most of the jewels can be sold.it seems counterproductive to say they have to be offered to the royal family first since the selling of heirlooms would likely only be the result of the royal family having fallen on hard times.

plus if they can be sold, that means they are an individuals property. the queens?
Old 03-21-2006, 03:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
I think this was from some sort of premier/opening/party...can't remember the exact event, sorry!
I believe it was the gala ballet performance in honor of Mabel and Friso's wedding that was delayed out of the respect for Juliana's recent death.

i like the cut and design of the outfit though i wish she had worn it in more interesting colors than black and white.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Courtier

Maxima wore a ruby and diamond necklace and two different bracelets also with diamonds and rubies on them. Also a ruby and diamond ring and ruby and diamond earrings.

Here's two views (I wish I had close ups):

1.http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1143898044

Here is a view of the other bracelet, it almost looks like a snake but I think it's leaves on a vine or branch or something. And the ruby and diamond ring.
2.http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1143897983

This is the orange earrings and a new brooch she wore:

1. http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=210wo.jpg
Old 04-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

I like that ruby- diamond collection. That is really nice. I never seen that before.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Is not a large image of the jewels??
Old 04-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
I like that ruby- diamond collection. That is really nice. I never seen that before.
The necklace and the bracelet on Maxima's left arm belong to the Mellerio parure made for Queen Wilhelmine, which also includes a tiara, a pair of earrings, a large stomacher and a smaller brooch (this brooch matches the necklace clasp and was previously a second one). All of them have been worn frequently by Queen Juliana and parts of the parure by Queen Beatrix and Maxima.
The bracelet on her right arm belongs to another ruby parure, called the Peacock parure, which also includes a necklace and a scroll brooch. Queen Beatrix wears it often with the brooch (on the formal dinner at Buckingham Palace for Queen Elisabeth II jubilee).
The ring looks more recent.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaŽl LE BOLLOCQ
The necklace and the bracelet on Maxima's left arm belong to the Mellerio parure made for Queen Wilhelmine, which also includes a tiara, a pair of earrings, a large stomacher and a smaller brooch (this brooch matches the necklace clasp and was previously a second one).
Thanks GaŽl. Here's a good pic of Queen Juliana wearing the Mellerio Parure in all it's glory: Queen Juliana of the Netherlands Jewellery
Old 04-05-2006, 04:54 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Thanks GaŽl. Here's a good pic of Queen Juliana wearing the Mellerio Parure in all it's glory: Queen Juliana of the Netherlands Jewellery
Thank you, Warren. I still don't know how to post pictures and yours helps a lot illustrating my purpose.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Majesty

what tiara did she use at the recent state visit
Old 05-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Courtier

New ruby parure for Maxima at King Carl's 60th birthday gala. I think this is very pretty on her. The hairstyle, the dress, the jewelry, everything was beautiful. :)

http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?l...1_039801_4.jpg
Old 05-02-2006, 05:08 AM
Courtier

she wore the Aquamarine Tiara at the StateVisit from Luxembourg
I don't like this Tiara.. It looks like plastic. :P
Old 05-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with you. Its ugly, she looks like statue of freedom

Tags
jewellery, maxima, princess maxima