Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 2: January 2006 - June2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
qui mal y pense said:
Why are the orders scattered over her gown like that? Is that how they are supposed to be placed? It looks funny.

All orders have specifications on how they should be worn. Some sashes are worn from the left shoulder to the right hip, or the other way around. Some medals/orders are worn on the left or right shoulder. I believe that this bulgarian order is supposed to be worn on the right shoulder for women, as I don't believe Frederik wore his on the shoulder, bur I could be wrong:)

I'm suprised, I thought she would have worn the ruby parure because the color of her dress is red. But I like how she changed it up, she looks very good in these pictures and I just love those earrings.:) I hope Margarethe lends her a new tiara soon, I'd love to see her in all sorts of jewels.

Princess_Beatrix said:
In my opinion she looks better with this tiara than the rubis one, the rubis tiara looks too big for her. I think this diamonds tiara looks better without her wedding veil (the veils look more dominant that the tiara itself).

Last edited:
That's true, I felt that the veil overwhelmed her. But now I can actually see this tiara, it doesn't look as small as I thought it did on her wedding day and it stands up very nicely. I think she can pull off anything though, big diamond tiara or small, jewels just look nice on her.

Some of Crown Princess Mary's recent earrings:

From PPE:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=237786&d=1144842405

From Polfolto:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=227164&d=1139502677

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=236258&d=1144150884

From Royalportraits.nl:
http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=96943_IMGMH8026.jpg

She seems to be wearing drop earrings at her recent events. The green ones were very pretty. For this picture: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=236258&d=1144150884 (From Polfolto), does anybody know what kind of jewels they are? They don't look like diamond drops to me; they seem to have a hint of color to them.

this is it:
clipboard049xa.jpg

soCal girl said:
The earrings are beautiful. They have a similar shape to her wedding earrings. I thought the necklace was beautiful as well.
I LOVE these earrings! I found a website (http://www.diamondtiaras.com/) that has replicas of these exact earrings for sale. They are no longer on thier webpage, but they now have Mary's wedding earrings, wedding tiara, ruby parure earrings...and other royal ladies jewelry. Check it out! But I must warn you they are VERY pricey. I guess they are made with real gold and the like.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
think among the crown princess, mary wear the most impressive jewels!

I love big stones! they are simply stunning! I wish to have that jewels!

yeah... i know what you mean, i wish i could wear it for a few minutes just to know what it feels like :)) hee hee heee

Daneborn said:
I certainly hope she won't get to keep the ruby parure.
It's history stretches back to the first Bernadotte queen of Sweden in the beginning of the 19th century.
And it's very much connected to Queen Ingrid.
Can you imagine what would happen if Mary divorced Frederik, she kept the tiara, got in financial problems, put it on an auction and someone like Madonna or Paris Hilton bought it ??
I wouldn't know if I would laugh or cry at a situation like that ... :(

I sincerely doubt that anything like that would happen. Royal jewels are well protected by trusts and pre-nuptual agreements, especially those that have been passed down in the family for generations.

The Ruby Parure is part of the Crown Jewels and there is no way that it will ever personally belong to Mary. If she and Frederik should ever divorce, I think the only tiara she would get would be her wedding tiara since that was purchased for her by the Queen and the Prince Consort. So don't worry, there's no way that Paris Hilton will get her hands on it.

Someone on the previous page mentioned that they'd like to see Mary wearing the Emerald Parure. She can't.....at least not until she's Queen. Those are part of the Crown Jewels available to the Queen, not the Crown Princess. The only tiaras she has at her disposal are the Ruby Parure and her wedding tiara. Of course if others are purchased for her, she'd have them as well, but as for now....that's all she's got.

The picture of Princess Margaret posted by gogm is wonderful, and yes, I wish royal woman still decked themselves out as they did in the 60's and before, but, we are now living in a society where 'less is more' and it is by these standards that even royal women must obide by to most extents (though it must be noted that they are expected to wear parure's at times).

I think most of the Crown Princesses do a good job at maintaining a well balanced array of jewels and I would agree that Crown Princess Mary is really very good at maintaining 'that' balance. Here are some examples.

Pictures courtesy of POLFOTO & GETTY

25985ad7.jpg
b21b4f92.jpg
d8a3965f.jpg
887d9931.jpg

Last edited:
I do not entirely agree with the noble members. In the pictures above the marvelous Mary really could use more jewelry in at least three of them. I agree that I would prefer to tone down Queen Mary, but not by much. As for the Brunei royals, that is a cultural thing. Like the food in the region. Heavily spiced and hot. Quite overdone with all that cloth. But then they are not allowed to display their hair. It would, according to the theory arouse lust in men and that is to be avoided at all costs. My response is to have them so covered with jewels, diamonds especially a la Queen Mary so that the lust ridden animals would look at them go blind. Or else be so distracted and overwhelmed by the jewels they would not think of anything else. Ha.

I thought she looked pretty smashing in the rubies at her pre-wedding festivities! I think she'll also look great in the emeralds, all thought I don't know about the gold settings. I'd like to see her in amethysts as well.

have i gotten all the times she has worn a tiara?

Last edited:
This is a gripe, but why can't someone wrap the lower frame of the ruby tiara with some brown stovepipe? Her hair is so dark, the frame's color is so light. Hasn't anyone else been annoyed by this, too? :bang:

Lady Bluffton said:
This is a gripe, but why can't someone wrap the lower frame of the ruby tiara with some brown stovepipe? Her hair is so dark, the frame's color is so light. Hasn't anyone else been annoyed by this, too? :bang:

I prefer the frame to a brown stovepipe. Usually, the wrapping is a dark brown but Mary's hair is much darker so it would still stand out. I wish Mary would get another tiara soon....:flowers:

soCal girl said:
The Ruby Parure is part of the Crown Jewels and there is no way that it will ever personally belong to Mary.

No. The Ruby Parure was a personal gift to Frederik from his grandmother. Unlike the Emerald Parure it is not, and never has been, part of the Crown Jewels. It is alway a gift of love. :wub: (But only to his wife!) :flowers:

MARG said:
No. The Ruby Parure was a personal gift to Frederik from his grandmother. Unlike the Emerald Parure it is not, and never has been, part of the Crown Jewels. It is alway a gift of love. :wub: (But only to his wife!) :flowers:

Whoops, it is a gift of love :wub: but I doubt Mary would ever be allowed to leave with it should the marriage ever end. I think she would be given her wedding tiara and other pieces of jewelry. The parure would most likely be set aside for Christian's wife. If Frederik ever re-married, she probably would not use the ruby parure because it would be too associated with Mary by then.

Lady Bluffton said:

The base is wrapped with a fabric similar to Mary's hair colour. What you see is the gold frame thats connected to the base as shown here in this stunning photo.

If you start to wrap material around the tiara itself it would look quite weird, IMO.

Picture courtesy of PRB

15846520ai.jpg

What a stunning parure! What I would do....

Last edited:
Madame Royale said:
The base is wrapped with a fabric similar to Mary's hair colour. What you see is the gold frame thats connected to the base as shown here in this stunning photo. If you start to wrap material around the tiara itself it would look quite weird, IMO.
thanks much, Madame Royale...I think the tiara's base has been hidden better by Mary's hairdo (remember her New Year's bash when she wore the dark blue dress). I think this tiara was designed to be worn atop more hair, not so much when she has such a severe do.

thanks !

Does anyone know if Mary has to buy her own jewels? Obviously she didn't have to buy the 'crown jewels', but I was wondering about her everyday jewels such as earrings, necklaces, rings, those type of things or did Margrethe give them to her? Does anyone know?

HRHAmy said:
Does anyone know if Mary has to buy her own jewels? Obviously she didn't have to buy the 'crown jewels', but I was wondering about her everyday jewels such as earrings like these http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=06092226.jpg, necklaces, rings, those type of things or did Margrethe give them to her? Does anyone know?

Perhaps they are on loan to her or Frederik has bought them for, or maybe some of them were already hers before she got married.

HRHAmy said:
Does anyone know if Mary has to buy her own jewels? Obviously she didn't have to buy the 'crown jewels', but I was wondering about her everyday jewels such as earrings like these http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=06092226.jpg, necklaces, rings, those type of things or did Margrethe give them to her? Does anyone know?

The Crown Princess purchasers jewellery like any other woman. The earrings you see are inact Mary's as is much of the jewellery you see her wear. Whether or not they are a present from Frederik or the Queen I do not know.

The major pieces are either from the Queen and Prince Henrik or are from Frederik, but her every day jewllery is her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom