Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany
Welcome to

Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5

commencing January 2016
Part 4, November 2009 to December 2015, can be found here.

Gorgeous....I miss the whole earring!!!!

She also has an added jewel in her hair at the back that looks very nice. :flowers:

Great photos. Thanks Duke!!!!!

Lovely pearl necklace and large pendant at today's court. Have we seen them before? Sorry I don't recall

Lovely pearl necklace and large pendant at today's court. Have we seen them before? Sorry I don't recall

Wasn't the pendant worn for an incoming State Visit recently?

Pearls were wedding gift from Greenland I think. They are stunning. Love the pendant too. Mary has been getting some different bracelets also. Any good photos?

Today's necklace seems to have amethyst and calcedon (?) as well. A very fresh and modern design, imo. I love it. :flowers:

I was wondering about the pendant she wore on her pearl necklace yesterday. Is it maybe opal?

Yes Tilia,it is so fresh. It also has a gold coin of sorts as a pendant. Beautiful!!

This is a beautiful contemporary necklace for CP Mary.

Perhaps this a remodel / redesign of the necklace worn by CP Mary at Prince Henrik 70th birthday party in June 2004.

The style of those necklaces is very similar indeed, but as far as I can see it, the colours don't match. The New Year's necklace looks very much like having purple amethysts. The 70th BD neckace looks more greenish in colour, like labradorite or something like that.

The 70th birthday necklace is diffeent. The one row seems to be longer and there is a pendant on it. The necklace worn now looks more like a choker style.
Btw was the 70th birthday necklace worn again or was this the only time we have seen it.

The necklace could have been shortened and the pearl dendant could have been swapped with for the new pendant. But changing the greenish stones for purple ones would be too much of an effort, imo. I think it's two different necklaces, and I like both of them.

Has Mary ever repeated the necklace from the 70th BD?

I have never seen any pictures or events where she has worn this necklace before...maybe in private.
To change stones would not be too much effort....it is the jeweller's job to do so,whether it is time consuming or not....CP Mary is the client. I believe this necklace used on Jan 6, has pearls as well as, other stones in it, in order to give off such a fantastic hue of color. The necklace of 2004 appears quite "flat" in that respect.
The 3 strand necklace in 2004 appeared to be overpowering for her and the gown. Her stature is quite petite. Going to 2 strands puts the necklace more in proportion to her frame. Remember she had only been married for one month at that time and still uncertain of her style and taste and probably lacked a bit of confidence, given her new status in life.
There is a lot of jewelry from the early days she has not worn in recent years. Her taste in jewelry will evolve/change over time. As it has with me and will continue to do so as time goes on. I personally love her taste in jewelry. It has a sense of "simplistic sophistication" to it. It never over powers her outfits, but compliments. Something to be envious about. I am still of the opinion that this new necklace is a remake or redesign of the 2004 one; but with added stones or pearls.

BB has an article this week about jewels Mary has been presented with by her husband.

https://app.box.com/s/uhpoubqs80oek1ha2cpvznql9arsr77u
The bracelet or wristband or whatever it's called, was a gift for Mary on her 40th birthday.
It consists of gold-silhouettes of Frederik and their four children on a background of black enamel. And it also includes their common monogram.
It's made by Ragnar R. Jørgensen.

https://app.box.com/s/gmetjj8c948em6yqjfh7q3lq46idrq2a
The medallion here is also a present to Mary on her 40th birthday.
It's also made by Ragnar R. Jørgensen.
On the face we see here are 21 brilliants on the other side is the common monogram of M&F.
There is room for four pictures inside the medallion.

https://app.box.com/s/2e105bq4eyrq4fojzdf86n51m2d51slv
The engagement ring seen here is of course well known to readers of this thread, so I'll sip that and proceed to the necklace or rather collar.
It consists of five rows of pearls holding a large aquamarine, surrounded by sapphires.
The earrings each consists of five aquamarines and diamonds.

:previous:thank you Muhler, some nice and sentimental gifts :flowers:
the engagement ring had some additions added after the twins were born right?

To the best of my knowledge extra stones were added to the engagement ring after the twins birth.

To the best of my knowledge extra stones were added to the engagement ring after the twins birth.

That sounds nice.
Is there a before/after picture somewhere?

BB has an article this week about jewels Mary has been presented with by her husband.

https://app.box.com/s/uhpoubqs80oek1ha2cpvznql9arsr77u
The bracelet or wristband or whatever it's called, was a gift for Mary on her 40th birthday.
It consists of gold-silhouettes of Frederik and their four children on a background of black enamel. And it also includes their common monogram.
It's made by Ragnar R. Jørgensen.

Thanks Muhler :flowers:

But the bracelet was not a gift to Mary on her 40th birthday, it was Frederik's gift to Mary on their 10 year wedding anniversary in 2014. F&M celebrated the day during their official visit to Poland where we first saw Mary with the bracelet. When Billedbladet asked Mary if it was Frederik's wedding gift to her, she with a twinkle in her eye replied: It could very well be (-;

Last edited:
Stunning earrings and ring.

Back
Top Bottom