Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would assume Mary recieved a gift from at least one of the Middle East countries. Maybe its something demure that we wouldnt necessarily noyice. She wears alot of linky bracelets and such. Or she will put it away for awhile like she did the tiara. That sat for 2 years as auction was in2012.

I think I read Diana recieved many gifts she only wore in private.

I would assume Mary recieved a gift from at least one of the Middle East countries. Maybe its something demure that we wouldnt necessarily noyice. She wears alot of linky bracelets and such. Or she will put it away for awhile like she did the tiara. That sat for 2 years as auction was in2012.
did she had it for 2 years? did she wait so long to use it! oh my god!!!! wonder why?:ohmy:

did she had it for 2 years? did she wait so long to use it! oh my god!!!! wonder why?:ohmy:

Mary first wore the necklace three years after it was purchased, not two. ;)
I also wonder why, but maybe it had to do with the jewel's condition and the lack of a tiara frame.

Mary first wore the necklace three years after it was purchased, not two. ;)
I also wonder why, but maybe it had to do with the jewel's condition and the lack of a tiara frame.
you are right may be they have to work on it, cleaning , etc.... As well I wonder how they do it from necklace to tiara? Would love to see a video of how they turn the necklace into a tiara , also to see how they do it on the hair, I do not think they use hair pins, I am sure it is system for it! wish to be a fly and see how Mary get her tiaras on her!:flowers:

I hope to see better pic of her new aigrette. It looks lovely.

:previous: I think I have decided that both the aigrette and the earrings are stunning. Give me time, I may yet change my mind. :ermm:

I do not have idea from where it come this aigrette , is this from the Queen? or a new piece she acquire? but I must say it is nice for a change, she does not have many tiaras so this is a new addition to her jewelry, it is not my favorite but goes with her dress and look overall. I do not mind everybody else has a tiara she doesn't, still a piece of jewelry on her hair not mind if I could have it myself!

to me, this piece looks strange. i think it would look better if it was less big, or maybe had a more stylized shape. i like the individual 'leaves' of it, and the detail of the diamonds in between them, but when put on it looks too massive and not delicate. is it possibly a loan from the jewelers?

close up it is really beautiful and a work of art. I just don't think it looks great on. Maybe if she had a different hairdo, this one doesn't flatter her or the piece.

One of the spikey leaves looks very close to her eye. Ole Lyngaard design.

CP Mary needs some new jewels for her head, as we have learned, that the Queen is - sadly - not intending to share her impressive jewel casket with her DiL. So every addition to that is a PLUS for her - also this aigrette.
BYe Bine

CP Mary needs some new jewels for her head, as we have learned, that the Queen is - sadly - not intending to share her impressive jewel casket with her DiL. So every addition to that is a PLUS for her - also this aigrette.
BYe Bine

That's actually an interesting topic.
Because there are old stipulations saying that the crown jewels can only be used by queen, but as the only purpose of rules is to get around them I can well imagine QMII bending the rules and sharing at least some of the crown jewels with Mary.
That it will be interpreted as a semi-abdication by QMII or an unofficial crowning of M&F is another matter.

The obvious time for that to happen would be if QMII becomes too old and frail to handle the big official events. I.e. a de facto regency.
Another obvious time could be when Frederik turns 50, then we would have a de facto co-regency
But it could happen sooner. Once the DRF has found its footing after the retirement of PH, I can well imagine QMII deciding to share the crown jewels with Mary because M&F are taking over so many official duties anyway.

And as for the stipulations (or whatever you call it)... Well, who is going to complain? And to whom?

That's actually an interesting topic.
Because there are old stipulations saying that the crown jewels can only be used by queen, but as the only purpose of rules is to get around them I can well imagine QMII bending the rules and sharing at least some of the crown jewels with Mary.
If she doesn't want to share the crown jewels, she could let Mary use some of her privately owned jewellery. Maybe even the famous golden poppies...;) I actually think they have potential if worn by a dark haired lady and arranged (very) differently.

If she doesn't want to share the crown jewels, she could let Mary use some of her privately owned jewellery. Maybe even the famous golden poppies...;) I actually think they have potential if worn by a dark haired lady and arranged (very) differently.

The golden poppies?!? :ohmy:
Weeell, I don't think QMII has anything against her daughter-in-law... :p

But perhaps there is a very human reason for QMII not sharing her jewels with Mary (and our Marie as well for that matter). She likes them so much she wish to keep them to herself. :D - They are mine. Mine!

It is a nice piece. Very beautiful workmanship. I would have liked a different earring though. Jmo.

I don't particulary like the headpiece, the earrings are a mismatch, but I still I like Mary's choice not to wear a tiara like the Queens in attendance. The headpiece is a nice in-between between nothing and a tiara.

Regarding Margrethe, she loves being Queen and will guard her stuff to the end. I think she's very clear that her position is not about sharing, eg like Beatrix did from early on.

Nice craftsmanship but not a fan. I would love it as a brooch, if a much smaller scale. But not a fan of it as a headpiece.

What are the earrings she wore for ascot? Has she worn them before?

What are the earrings she wore for ascot? Has she worn them before?

I am not entirely sure on that but she has an almost identical pair only longer that she wore to the Fashion Summit dinner at Amalienborg.

Back
Top Bottom