Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know many of you on the message board have excellent skills when it comes to enlarging photos....would anyone be willing to enlarge one of these photos of her new tiara and post it? I love the design, but there is not much sparkle.....I may be wrong, but I am not convinced that these are diamonds and would love to have a closer look! Please and thank you!

In the enlarged photo it looks as if the tiara/necklace has small ruby accents in it, especially when looking at the central element. What does everyone else think?

In the enlarged photo it looks as if the tiara/necklace has small ruby accents in it, especially when looking at the central element. What does everyone else think?

Like the 2 of them.Each on one side...

I wonder what about the piece attracted her? :flowers: Insight into her soul. ;) Opposite from what I would choose. Wonder if its effect in person is different than in the pictures.

I don't wonder the least bit what attracted her to this lovely piece. It's a very pretty, very "Mary" looking tiara/necklace.

I don't wonder the least bit what attracted her to this lovely piece. It's a very pretty, very "Mary" looking tiara/necklace.

That's good. :flowers: You have it figured it out. :flowers:

Im not sure Mary bought this. To me it is just like her other one except a little bigger. I would think she would want something different...just my opinion. Its not very sparlky with the rose gold.

:previous: I have to admit that to me when the "it" is in its necklace form it looks elegant and the rose gold gives Mary's skin a warm blush, however when in its tiara setting it seems almost as if the rose gold swamps everything. I just have a sense of it being crowded and lot's of pinkish gold highlighted by Mary's darker hair and the stones seem to become almost insignificant.

This is a really lovely piece and suits Mary perfectly. The intricate design is elegant and I l love the rose gold. I like that it's a convertible piece and it looks amazing on her both ways. It's a beautiful, just like Mary!

I don't really see that much similar with her wedding tiara. :ermm: While its delicate and the stones may get lost, the craftsmanship is lovely, the scroll work. Definitely more delicate/feminine IMO than all the pearls on her wedding tiara. It gives her a new stone tiara (not pearls) that is a bit more versatile then the ruby or midnight.

I think one of the reasons Mary got the tiara is because it is an elegant, substantial sized tiara,with some sparkles, bit not too many expensive diamonds. It is quite versatile, and was probably boughtvat an attractive price. I would be surprised if it cost more that £20,000 / USD 30,000. That's notan inconsequential sum of money, but skimping on acfew Prada gowns and bags would get her that sum of money.

with 4 children i think they need to gather a few tiaras instead of buying them all at once later on

I have to agree with Marg and others on the quality of this new rose gold tiara. It is nice but it does not sparkle even when comparing with her wedding tiara. However, it is nice that she has another one to swap around for the various occasions that she needs a tiara. I don't think F&M and even the DRF can afford the criticism if she purchased a more imposing one at this day and age.

I have to agree with Marg and others on the quality of this new rose gold tiara. It is nice but it does not sparkle even when comparing with her wedding tiara. However, it is nice that she has another one to swap around for the various occasions that she needs a tiara. I don't think F&M and even the DRF can afford the criticism if she purchased a more imposing one at this day and age.

I agree...it is pretty, has a nice design, and it looks good on her, three very important things, but it is not a "wow" tiara. I think for me what is missing the is the sparkle. That is one of the main reasons I asked for an enlarged photo (thank you Muhler!). I honestly did not believe they were diamonds but perhaps moonstones. All I could see was metal and stones. I am secretly hoping that the lighting was bad for the photos and maybe it does have sparkle!! Here's hoping!

It does have rubies.

tumblr_o4vnyauUMx1ufaub6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o4vnwcOSht1ufaub6o1_540.jpg

http://www.bruun-rasmussen.dk/dam/catalogues/827/827_antik.pdf
page 194

Last edited:
Is it an oldfashioned setting that is responsible for the non sparkle? I have read that 19th century jewellery doesnt necessarily show off the brilliance of gems like diamonds because of the cut and settings of those days.

I have to say I don't really care for this tiara very much, but that's my personal taste as I prefer white gold. I do think that Mary felt the need for a tiara consisting mainly of diamonds, to go with a variety of coloured gowns. I don't know that I would have chosen this one, though, especially as it's rather tiny. I prefer the tiara that her sister in law Marie was gifted.

Last edited:
I find I like it even more close up. I love that it is rose gold and its not flashy/sparkly. I am not a huge fan of the real flashy tiaras (with a few exceptions) and I really love the older setting of this.:flowers:

Thank you for the photo is stunning! Wonder who use it before as a tiara?

did not marys wedding tiara get a good clean a few years back and it sparkled more

you can tell by the close up picture the reason why it does not sparkle that much is because of the cut.

you can tell by the close up picture the reason why it does not sparkle that much is because of the cut.

Thank you for the close-ups :flowers:

Had Mary wanted sparkle, she would have bought something else.
I can't find the right word to use, but it's such a "quietly" beautiful tiara/necklace.
Very "Mary".

Last edited:
Looks like a nice little thing for Bella or Josephine or Vincent's wife. But not Christian's wife. I think his wife will take over the Ruby Parure.
A nice but not too flashy investment in the future.

Wonder if she'll present it to Bella for her first gala? Or at the very least when she turns eighteen.

Well done for finding the pictures and well done to Mary for spotting the potential of the necklace because I must admit if I was looking at the catalogue I would have thought "nice" and then turned to the next page.

the earrings on the bottom left also look familiar. did she get them too? what do you think?

Reactions: Amy
the earrings on the bottom left also look familiar. did she get them too? what do you think?

Well spotted! They are the same lot number so they would have come with the necklace and Mary has worn these earrings both times that she has worn the tiara and necklace.

Any insight into this ring? Old? New? Gift? From whom?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom