The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-29-2016, 07:07 PM
Nobility

This is a really lovely piece and suits Mary perfectly. The intricate design is elegant and I l love the rose gold. I like that it's a convertible piece and it looks amazing on her both ways. It's a beautiful, just like Mary!

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Old 03-29-2016, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't really see that much similar with her wedding tiara. While its delicate and the stones may get lost, the craftsmanship is lovely, the scroll work. Definitely more delicate/feminine IMO than all the pearls on her wedding tiara. It gives her a new stone tiara (not pearls) that is a bit more versatile then the ruby or midnight.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:43 PM
Majesty

I think one of the reasons Mary got the tiara is because it is an elegant, substantial sized tiara,with some sparkles, bit not too many expensive diamonds. It is quite versatile, and was probably boughtvat an attractive price. I would be surprised if it cost more that 20,000 / USD 30,000. That's notan inconsequential sum of money, but skimping on acfew Prada gowns and bags would get her that sum of money.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:13 AM
Majesty

with 4 children i think they need to gather a few tiaras instead of buying them all at once later on
Old 03-30-2016, 04:24 AM
Aristocracy

I have to agree with Marg and others on the quality of this new rose gold tiara. It is nice but it does not sparkle even when comparing with her wedding tiara. However, it is nice that she has another one to swap around for the various occasions that she needs a tiara. I don't think F&M and even the DRF can afford the criticism if she purchased a more imposing one at this day and age.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellie View Post
I have to agree with Marg and others on the quality of this new rose gold tiara. It is nice but it does not sparkle even when comparing with her wedding tiara. However, it is nice that she has another one to swap around for the various occasions that she needs a tiara. I don't think F&M and even the DRF can afford the criticism if she purchased a more imposing one at this day and age.
I agree...it is pretty, has a nice design, and it looks good on her, three very important things, but it is not a "wow" tiara. I think for me what is missing the is the sparkle. That is one of the main reasons I asked for an enlarged photo (thank you Muhler!). I honestly did not believe they were diamonds but perhaps moonstones. All I could see was metal and stones. I am secretly hoping that the lighting was bad for the photos and maybe it does have sparkle!! Here's hoping!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:29 PM
Commoner

It does have rubies.

http://www.bruun-rasmussen.dk/dam/ca.../827_antik.pdf
page 194
Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it an oldfashioned setting that is responsible for the non sparkle? I have read that 19th century jewellery doesnt necessarily show off the brilliance of gems like diamonds because of the cut and settings of those days.

I have to say I don't really care for this tiara very much, but that's my personal taste as I prefer white gold. I do think that Mary felt the need for a tiara consisting mainly of diamonds, to go with a variety of coloured gowns. I don't know that I would have chosen this one, though, especially as it's rather tiny. I prefer the tiara that her sister in law Marie was gifted.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I find I like it even more close up. I love that it is rose gold and its not flashy/sparkly. I am not a huge fan of the real flashy tiaras (with a few exceptions) and I really love the older setting of this.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the photo is stunning! Wonder who use it before as a tiara?
Old 03-31-2016, 02:46 AM
Majesty

Thanks Angelkiss.

Estimated at 30-40.000 DKK? That's not overly expensive IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelkiss View Post
Old 03-31-2016, 03:03 AM
Majesty

did not marys wedding tiara get a good clean a few years back and it sparkled more
Old 03-31-2016, 03:32 AM
Commoner

you can tell by the close up picture the reason why it does not sparkle that much is because of the cut.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelkiss View Post
you can tell by the close up picture the reason why it does not sparkle that much is because of the cut.
Thank you for the close-ups

Had Mary wanted sparkle, she would have bought something else.
I can't find the right word to use, but it's such a "quietly" beautiful tiara/necklace.
Very "Mary".
Old 03-31-2016, 04:34 AM
Majesty

Looks like a nice little thing for Bella or Josephine or Vincent's wife. But not Christian's wife. I think his wife will take over the Ruby Parure.
A nice but not too flashy investment in the future.

Wonder if she'll present it to Bella for her first gala? Or at the very least when she turns eighteen.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:10 AM
Nobility

Well done for finding the pictures and well done to Mary for spotting the potential of the necklace because I must admit if I was looking at the catalogue I would have thought "nice" and then turned to the next page.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:31 AM
Aristocracy

the earrings on the bottom left also look familiar. did she get them too? what do you think?
Old 03-31-2016, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Mary shows off her sparkling diamond ring to attend church | Daily Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...9395208831.jpg
Old 03-31-2016, 09:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry View Post
the earrings on the bottom left also look familiar. did she get them too? what do you think?
Well spotted! They are the same lot number so they would have come with the necklace and Mary has worn these earrings both times that she has worn the tiara and necklace.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

Any insight into this ring? Old? New? Gift? From whom?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app