The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2016, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
As to why Pss Marie got "the bigger tiara" from start: Perhaps CPss Mary was given the choice between her now wedding tiara and the floral tiara now worn by Pss Marie?

I doubt that- but Mary got two tiaras including the ruby parure which is magnificent and Marie was given one.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 03-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Well...after 11 years of marriage (2015) and 4 children...Crown Princess Mary was due a more substantial diamond tiara in my opinion! I agree with others that her wedding tiara was not a fitting size for a Crown Princess and future Queen...especially when her new sister-in-law wears a much larger diamond floral tiara (even though it is a loan and CP Mary has use of the ruby & diamond parure).

But here's what I think. I think that the Queen was very careful to buy a small diamond tiara at the onset because she was waiting to see how the marriage of the Crown Prince would progress. Remember that at the time of the Crown Princely engagement and wedding, Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra's marriage was over and had been in trouble for years. They were married for less than 10 years. The Queen would have known at the time, that the family heirloom - the Alexandrine tiara (which was a wedding gift and owned by Alexandra) - would be "lost" to the royal family. So Mary was brought a small tiara and Marie was given a loan.

Now that the crown princely marriage has successfully passed the 10 year mark, maybe the Queen? (I assume) felt that the time was right for a more substantial diamond tiara for CP Mary. Maybe a reward also for Mary's great success as a wife, mother and crown princess.
but... didn't mary wear this tiara as a necklace some time ago, and also at the early start of her royal life? which would mean that this tiara may have always been among those she could use, but she has never chosen to wear it as tiara until now?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
As to why Pss Marie got "the bigger tiara" from start: Perhaps CPss Mary was given the choice between her now wedding tiara and the floral tiara now worn by Pss Marie?
I once read somewhere that Mary was given the choice between a new tiara and a family piece. But I don't know the source anymore. It might have been something that the journalists made up, you never now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
but... didn't mary wear this tiara as a necklace some time ago, and also at the early start of her royal life? which would mean that this tiara may have always been among those she could use, but she has never chosen to wear it as tiara until now?
She wore the necklace only once, and that was last year at Queen Margrethe's birthday concert.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I doubt that- but Mary got two tiaras including the ruby parure which is magnificent and Marie was given one.
I don't think you can count the Ruby Parure. That belongs to Prince Frederik and heaven forfend Mary should die or they should divorce, that parure would adorn the head of Fred's second wife should he remarry.

Of course, there is always the wild idea he gave it to Mary for keeps, but after the disaster of the loss of the historic and beautifully unique Alexandrine Drop Tiara, I think Fred would have wagered on his marriage lasting.

As to Mary's new tiara . . . the more I see it, the more I like it as a necklace. There is just too much rose gold and not enough sparkly diamonds to make a fabulous tiara.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Well on those grounds Marie has no tiaras. Her wedding tiara is a loan from the queen. If they got divorced it reverts back to the royal family. Her lily tiara is not owned by her either it is owned by the designer.

Mary has 2 tiaras she owns, including this new one.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't think you can count the Ruby Parure. That belongs to Prince Frederik and heaven forfend Mary should die or they should divorce, that parure would adorn the head of Fred's second wife should he remarry.

Of course, there is always the wild idea he gave it to Mary for keeps, but after the disaster of the loss of the historic and beautifully unique Alexandrine Drop Tiara, I think Fred would have wagered on his marriage lasting.

As to Mary's new tiara . . . the more I see it, the more I like it as a necklace. There is just too much rose gold and not enough sparkly diamonds to make a fabulous tiara.
I still think that the ruby parure does count. It might be owned by Frederik, but he won't wear it. That job is up to her. As long as Mary has access to the tiara, the ownership doesn't matter that much, imo. And should the marriage end in divorce she won't get much use out of her wedding tiara anyways, because she would hardly have tiara events.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I once read somewhere that Mary was given the choice between a new tiara and a family piece. But I don't know the source anymore. It might have been something that the journalists made up, you never now.
I have read that was offered to her to loan the Khedive tiara for her Wedding dAY:
Old 03-18-2016, 10:08 AM
Commoner

I think that this Diamond Necklace Convertible Tiara is given on 2014 on their wedding anniversary,this such a lovely gift,if it chosen by frederik,he has such great taste 😊
Old 03-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

That is a possibility. Maybe some day a journalist will wriggle an answer out of the Crown Princess to confirm if it was a gift or not.

But didn't give Federik her the beautiful locket in gold and black enamel for the anniversary? Or was that a birthday gift? Sorry if my memory is quite bad about this.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroyalista View Post
I think that this Diamond Necklace Convertible Tiara is given on 2014 on their wedding anniversary,this such a lovely gift,if it chosen by frederik,he has such great taste ��
It seems it has been bought at the auction by the Crown Princess herself,as the article refers.

Did Crown Princess Mary Purchase Her New Tiara Herself? | The Court Jeweller
Old 03-28-2016, 10:05 AM
Commoner

I know many of you on the message board have excellent skills when it comes to enlarging photos....would anyone be willing to enlarge one of these photos of her new tiara and post it? I love the design, but there is not much sparkle.....I may be wrong, but I am not convinced that these are diamonds and would love to have a closer look! Please and thank you!
Old 03-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Majesty

Is this helpful? Suggest you download for better view.
https://app.box.com/s/xc7c3zrf19pyc8oochyzd2rqbapeqpjg
Old 03-28-2016, 12:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thank you Muhler! You are the best!
Old 03-28-2016, 03:32 PM
Nobility

In the enlarged photo it looks as if the tiara/necklace has small ruby accents in it, especially when looking at the central element. What does everyone else think?
Old 03-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
In the enlarged photo it looks as if the tiara/necklace has small ruby accents in it, especially when looking at the central element. What does everyone else think?
Like the 2 of them.Each on one side...
Old 03-28-2016, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I wonder what about the piece attracted her? Insight into her soul. Opposite from what I would choose. Wonder if its effect in person is different than in the pictures.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I wonder what about the piece attracted her? Insight into her soul. Opposite from what I would choose. Wonder if its effect in person is different than in the pictures.
I don't wonder the least bit what attracted her to this lovely piece. It's a very pretty, very "Mary" looking tiara/necklace.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I don't wonder the least bit what attracted her to this lovely piece. It's a very pretty, very "Mary" looking tiara/necklace.
That's good. You have it figured it out.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im not sure Mary bought this. To me it is just like her other one except a little bigger. I would think she would want something different...just my opinion. Its not very sparlky with the rose gold.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:45 PM
Majesty

I have to admit that to me when the "it" is in its necklace form it looks elegant and the rose gold gives Mary's skin a warm blush, however when in its tiara setting it seems almost as if the rose gold swamps everything. I just have a sense of it being crowded and lot's of pinkish gold highlighted by Mary's darker hair and the stones seem to become almost insignificant.