The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Aristocracy

I really like the apparent reworking of the tiara that gives it extra height but my eye is drawn to the gap on it's left side (right side of photo) and I have the urge to just move them a fraction. Such a minor thing as it's such a beautiful piece of jewellery.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:04 AM
Majesty

First Look: New Year Tiaras in Denmark | The Court Jeweller

The ruby tiara is a tiara that is always delightful to see.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:51 AM
Aristocracy

So far I don't like the rework of the ruby parure tiara, like previously mentioned, there is a very obvious gap close to the centre. I hope the court jewelers take notice and hurry back to fix it.

This tiara is such a substantial piece. Personally I prefer a more upright positioning compared to a headband style.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I have the idea the Court Jeweller has modified the diadem. It is somewhat more pointy in the middle and it looks like the space between the leaves has been a bit increased, resulting in a higher diadem. But it can be optical illusion by the angle of cameras. Princess Mary looked spectacular tonight, as did Prince Frederik, in his martial uniform.
Hi, Duc, that was my immediate impression, too..... more pointy Tiara rather than the very round version since CP Mary adapted it.
I like that much more - it gives the Tiara more Grandezza and makes it look even bigger!
Bye Bine

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 01-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Majesty

The "gap" does not disturb me. It is a natural design of leafs. Plants never grown symmetric.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The gap can be seen from all angles:

Princess Mary stuns at New Year's reception in Copenhagen | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

beautiful photos Duke, thank you. Since I'm not a princess in need of a tiara (boo) I would be very....so very.... happy with those ruby chandelier earrings. They are stunning!!!
Old 01-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not sure this is the right forum to ask about the order and the chain that holds it...how heavy is the piece?
Old 01-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

The new rework of the tiara seems an improvement, imo. The former dent in the middle of the tiara looked rather unbalanced to me. Though, with that strange new whole, the distribution of the leaves is still not perfect. But it is a gorgeous tiara of great beauty and a grand history. It's always a pleasure to see it worn.

Btw, I loved to see the grand version of the earrings again! How nice, that they are so versatile.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Majesty

I liked the original setting of the tiara but I understand the shape did not sit well on Mary's head and it was too long, having been designed at a time when women wore fabulous, voluminous updos.

The resulting tiara really disappointed me as it did away with a lot of the natural leaf and berry look and made it more of a solid headband than a tiara. On the pro side, it did create wonderful hairpins that are elegant enough to be worn with a modified matching earring configuration.

If it has been titivated yet again, I would love to see a before and after such as this one for the original change;

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KhRDSZitV...rureChange.jpg