Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a particular favourite of mine but Crown Princess Mary wears it well.

I am glad Mary wore the Midnight tiara. Whilst not conventional, it is an interesting piece, and a good showcase for Danish design. IMO, it does not get used enough.
:previous: I've always liked the midnight tiara, it's unconventional, but a really successful design imo. And it looks good on CP Mary, it really works well with her facial shape and her coloring.
Not sure if you noticed but Mary had a new pair of diamond earrings on for the I-A gala. They were in the Bruun Rasmussen auction of 3 March this year.

https://www.auction.fr/_en/lot/a-pa...h-set-with-numerous-old-cut-diamonds-18506328
I have to agree with you Muriel that the Midnight tiara is not conventional and therein lies its beauty and, you are right, it doesn't get enough use. As Tilia noted, it fits her facial structure and colouring which is a win, win.

Good eyes Muriel for spotting her new diamond earrings. Did we miss them initially because we were all loving the entire glam look? I think so because we all knew she was wearing earrings but they segued effortlessly into the entire "look" of her ensemble.

Mary's new earrings seem to be a good, expensive and worthy buy. I suspect she will get a lot of good use out of them.

"For the gala dinner at the Hilton Hotel in Hanoi, Crown Princess Mary wore a beautiful necklace specially designed with the children's names to remind her of the four gold nuggets. The shiny gold necklace had four letters. C for Christian, I for Isabella, V for Vincent, and J for Josephine."

https://imgix.billedbladet.dk/2022-...o=format&fit=fill&ar=320:364&fill=blur&w=1075
https://imgix.billedbladet.dk/2022-...ress&fit=crop&ar=16:9&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&w=927

Very sweet pendant, I like it. I wonder if it is a gift from her husband. Any information
on the earrings she is wearing?

The Crown Princess bought a necklace tiara also at Bruun Rasmussen Auctions. They are friends of the Royal Family I am not sure the items had bids.?
I am myself costumer of this Action House but for silver items.

Very loveley necklace!! And yes i imagine for her husband!!

Here, Mary wore the Ruby Parure for the New Year’s Banquet at Amalienborg Palace yesterday.

Mary

Crown Princess Mary wore a spectacular pair of gold chandelier earrings at a dinner in New Delhi on 27 February. These are a traditional Indian style of earrings.

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part *

:previous: The gold earrings definitely look like traditional Indian jewellery, so this must be a nod to the host country. Really beautiful, and they suit Mary perfectly.

Eml

Victoria and Mary looked very suitably attired for the Coronation. Demure and attractive.

Apparently another piece of Swedish provenance like so many of the Danish royal jewels. They should be really thankful for those marriages with Swedish princesses.

Luckily the Bernadottes own so many jewels that they can spare a few to the Danes and the Norwegians and still have one of the biggest vaults in Europe. The Bernadotte kings of course benefited from marrying foreign princesses too. If I understood it correctly from the translation, this set itself came to Sweden with Margaret of Connaught.

Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: January 2015 -

Do we thing the brooch would look better if a small diamond could be added between the stud element and the pendant elements of the brooch?
Was literally thinking the same one minute ago haha. As of now the brooch is rather disharmonic.

Crown Princess Mary wears the Ruby Necklace Tiara

Mary

Upper view

Last edited:
I was expecting the ruby set tonight especially given the connection to Sweden...huh..wonder why she would not wear it? Wonder if the choice was even hers. I wish she would have added the pearls to the wedding tiara.

I am surprised she is wearing her wedding tiara. Maybe she is sticking to a policy of not wearing the Rubies outside of Denmark.

I am surprised she is wearing her wedding tiara. Maybe she is sticking to a policy of not wearing the Rubies outside of Denmark.

She's worn them outside of Denmark before...In Sweden actually. For Victoria's wedding. Maybe it was not her choice to not wear the Ruby one.

She's worn them outside of Denmark before...In Sweden actually. For Victoria's wedding. Maybe it was not her choice to not wear the Ruby one.

And in Luxembourg for the pre-Wedding Gala of Guillaume and Stephanie

Back
Top Bottom