Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well spotted Carina, it certainly looks very similiar to the one HM received from Georg Jensen.

Mary was gifted with two family heirlooms for her 50th birthday!

The diamond and turquoise earrings and the diamond and turquoise brooch from Queen Margrethe's parure were among her birthdays presents. The current jewels exhibition in Amalienborg has the info:

The label on the jewels at the exhibition has recently been updated, and it now states: “On 5 February 2022, HM The Queen gave the brooch and earrings to HRH The Crown Princess for her 50th birthday.”

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/20...marys-incredible-bejeweled-birthday-gift.html

And a bit off-topic : I am now more and more convinced the Dagmar Floral Tiara has also been gifted to Princess Marie for her 40th birthday some years ago.

Mary was gifted with two family heirlooms for her 50th birthday!

The diamond and turquoise earrings and the diamond and turquoise brooch from Queen Margrethe's parure were among her birthdays presents. The current jewels exhibition in Amalienborg has the info:

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/20...marys-incredible-bejeweled-birthday-gift.html

And a bit off-topic : I am now more and more convinced the Dagmar Floral Tiara has also been gifted to Princess Marie for her 40th birthday some years ago.

That particular parure set is not part of the Crown Jewels right? Sorry if that's a dumb question

That particular parure set is not part of the Crown Jewels right? Sorry if that's a dumb question

No. It belonged to the Queen's private owned Jewels. And apparently they come from Empress Catharina II. the Great.

No. It belonged to the Queen's private owned Jewels. And apparently they come from Empress Catharina II. the Great.

Oh wow...that's amazing. Looking at the photos, the pieces look very pretty.

No, the Crown jewels are completely separate from the jewels exhibited at the moment and always stored at Rosenborg castle when not in use.
Many of the jewels used by the royal ladies are part of the "Kongelige løsørefideikomiss", a family trust founded by Queen Louise and Frederik VII, but given that the jewels in question are Connaught heirlooms they're most likely the private property of the Queen.
I don't know if the foundation is added to like for instance in Sweden?

That is a really beautiful birthday gift for CP Mary. Let's hope that she will wear them soon!

So, is they turquoise jewels are from Catherine the Great, does that mean that they came into the family via Queen Alexandrine, whose mother was a born Romanov?

That is a really beautiful birthday gift for CP Mary. Let's hope that she will wear them soon!

So, is they turquoise jewels are from Catherine the Great, does that mean that they came into the family via Queen Alexandrine, whose mother was a born Romanov?

Apparently they came into the Family via Queen Ingrid. It seem the line of inheritance is vidaGrand Duchess Maria Pavlovna who married the Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, her daughter Marie married Prince Carl of Prussia and the they went to Great Britain with Princess Luise Margaret who married the Duke of Connaught.

Apparently they came into the Family via Queen Ingrid. It seem the line of inheritance is vidaGrand Duchess Maria Pavlovna who married the Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, her daughter Marie married Prince Carl of Prussia and the they went to Great Britain with Princess Luise Margaret who married the Duke of Connaught.
The dowry of Maria Pavlovna is also the source for the grand demi-parure of pink topazes that's now part of the Bernadotte collection.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/royalwatcherblog.com/2018/12/22/swedish-pink-topaz-parure/amp/

Thank you!:flowers:
So that means that means the jewels are a couple of generations older than I had originally thought. That is a really impressive present for Mary. May I add that I'd like her to borrow the turquoise bandeau to wear it with the gifted earrings and brooch?:D

Following yesterday’s visit to the Queen’s jewels in Denmark - i noted the stress on the importance that the Queen gave Mary the sapphire brooch following Christian’s birth. It noted that it was important for the Queen to see her daughter in law in a piece that had been passed down from Queen Ingrid and the idea that Ingrid’s great grandson was now born was the perfect time to pass on the brooch for this occasion.

The brooch was stunning and i can see why Mary chooses to wear it more frequently

Attachments

• 64578E9B-AC2B-4941-B285-DF35889367BE.jpg
    64578E9B-AC2B-4941-B285-DF35889367BE.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
The other pieces in the exhibition that are now with Mary - missing is a close up of the heart bangle which I don’t think we have ever seen Mary wear.

The turquoise and diamond earrings were stunning.

Attachments

• 2706CE87-A756-4301-AE8A-63EC2AABF70C.jpg
    2706CE87-A756-4301-AE8A-63EC2AABF70C.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 0B8316CA-1AC0-4E77-8E8E-9BD3E3A50B5A.jpg
    0B8316CA-1AC0-4E77-8E8E-9BD3E3A50B5A.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 3DF36C55-7A02-4C1E-A5E0-1F6D89B0939D.jpg
    3DF36C55-7A02-4C1E-A5E0-1F6D89B0939D.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 49
Following yesterday’s visit to the Queen’s jewels in Denmark - i noted the stress on the importance that the Queen gave Mary the sapphire brooch following Christian’s birth. It noted that it was important for the Queen to see her daughter in law in a piece that had been passed down from Queen Ingrid and the idea that Ingrid’s great grandson was now born was the perfect time to pass on the brooch for this occasion.

The brooch was stunning and i can see why Mary chooses to wear it more frequently

What i don't understand why does she have to gift importance pieces of Jewellry to Mary when she wants for her to wear them. She also could loan it to her for special occasions.

What i don't understand why does she have to gift importance pieces of Jewellry to Mary when she wants for her to wear them. She also could loan it to her for special occasions.

It’s a nice touch or tribute from the Queen to give Mary or whomever something that was important to them or a previous generation. Why did Queen Ingrid designate that the rubies be passed to Frederick and his future wife (she died months after Fred and Mary met so did not know who was to the be future crown Princess)??? Ingrid simply had wishes that the future Crown princess be the user of her rubies

It’s a nice touch or tribute from the Queen to give Mary or whomever something that was important to them or a previous generation. Why did Queen Ingrid designate that the rubies be passed to Frederick and his future wife (she died months after Fred and Mary met so did not know who was to the be future crown Princess)??? Ingrid simply had wishes that the future Crown princess be the user of her rubies
Maybe but i prefer the way the dutch and swedish Royals do it. there the brooches gifted to Mary and Marie could be loaned by each of them for speical occasion. And it keeps all the Jewels together

Why not? Barring death, divorce or revolution, Mary is the next Queen. Any gifts to her are very much "main line" gifts, so the royal collection will remain in tact.

Just want to say thanks for your excellent, knowledgeable and delightful account here and in other threads. :flowers:

The other pieces in the exhibition that are now with Mary - missing is a close up of the heart bangle which I don’t think we have ever seen Mary wear.
I wonder whether the pearl earrings with the different coloured stones (blue and pink) were a gift on the occasion of the twin's birth.

I wonder whether the pearl earrings with the different coloured stones (blue and pink) were a gift on the occasion of the twin's birth.

The exhibition didn’t specify when Mary received the earrings - it did show her wearing them on an occasion in the mid 2010s

She is wearing the turquoise and diamond earrings the Queen gave her for her birthday

Mary is wearing new Diamond earrings tonight at the dinner for India’s Prime Minister.

Have these been seen before? Do we know if they’re new or old?

Thanks

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/dan...nner-for-indias-prime-minister-narendra-modi/
I think she already wore them for the birthday celebrations of King Harald and Queen Sonja in 2017
https://previews.agefotostock.com/p...9ba192f8af83ba0d87274efe9e5f/pah-90557463.jpg
Edit:https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2017/05/reader-mailbag-crown-princess-marys-new.html

Last edited:
I didn’t recognize her with her hair straight and parted in the middle

Mary is wearing new Diamond earrings tonight at the dinner for India’s Prime Minister.

Have these been seen before? Do we know if they’re new or old?

Thanks

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/dan...nner-for-indias-prime-minister-narendra-modi/

Yes, these earrings were first used in Oslo in 2017. They had been acquired from Bruun Rasmussen, along with a sapphire and diamond ring.

:previous: I've always liked the midnight tiara, it's unconventional, but a really successful design imo. And it looks good on CP Mary, it really works well with her facial shape and her coloring.

Back
Top Bottom