Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 5: Jan 2015 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be nice if countess Alexandra returned hers back to the main line.
Countess Alexandra has said that the tiara will remain with her and eventually be inherited by her sons.

You are correct. You have a very sharp eye. I received the book about the ruby parure for Christmas this year and there is a chapter about the tiara being altered again in 2017. They have have made some changes that revert back towards the Queen Ingrid design.

Is it the one by Nina Hald? I've been wanting buy it but haven't yet. Do you like it?

Here's a panel of CP Mary wearing all three versions of the tiara.

I was happy to see her wear this tiara again since it’s been two years to the day that she last wore it.

Last edited:
Yes that is the book. It is well worth the cost. It is beautifully illustrated and very informative. I thought the chapter about how the parts of the earrings and necklace can be detached and reconfigured really interesting.

Beautiful pearls she is wearing at today’s New Years court. Have we seen them before

To me the large pearl necklace looks like her wedding gift from the people of Greenland. The earrings could also be from that wedding gift only now altered to be a drop set.

I have noticed that Mary has not been waring her engagement ring for a while now - I wonder is it getting a redesign or does she favour different rings instead now???

Yes that is the book. It is well worth the cost. It is beautifully illustrated and very informative. I thought the chapter about how the parts of the earrings and necklace can be detached and reconfigured really interesting.
what is the name of the book, or do you have a link for it? thank you

Is it the one by Nina Hald? I've been wanting buy it but haven't yet. Do you like it?

Here's a panel of CP Mary wearing all three versions of the tiara.

I was happy to see her wear this tiara again since it’s been two years to the day that she last wore it.

The differences are minimal. All three versions are too solid. I would recommend to return to a more naturalistic display of the ivy leaves. That means back to an earlier arrangement of Queen Ingrid first decade.

Last edited:
The first one in that panel (i.e the one Ingrid left it like) is my favourite. IN all the others it seems to me that the rubies are all almost in a line or band rather than the more random and natural spacing of the first one.

I notice CP Mary no longer is wearing her engagement and wedding rings

Yes, I noticed she wasn't wearing them the other day but I put it down to increased handwashing. Many women who have never bothered removing rings before hand washing are doing it now as if you don't completely rinse the soap off around you finger and dry it totally in can cause eczema and allergic dermatitis under the rings.

The combination of frequent handwashing and using hand sanitisers has also led to many women taking their ri vs off and using intensive hand care products overnight. I'm thinking she merely forgot to put them back on o e way or another

True about hand washing. thank you for picture!

Hmm, we haven't seen her wear it for a while. Perhaps next year's New Year's Court. I think maybe this one could still be cancelled.

Crown Princess Mary's tiara appearance of 2020:

Last edited:
This is an FYI regarding Mary and jewels by Mai Manniche.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprinse...hes-smykker-brandingeksperter-advarer-de-skal

The paper is speculating that May have to ditch jewellery by Mai Manniche.

There are two reasons for that: That Mai Manniche on social media has basically advertised that Mary is wearing her designs - which is a big no-no in regards to the DRF.
But lately also because Mai Manniche has had some pretty controversial opinions regarding Corona, the restrictions and vaccine. That includes spreading fake news regarding the soccer player who had a heart attack on the field. That the attack could have been caused by vaccine. - That is not the case, the player has not vaccinated.

Anyway, as a senior member of the DRF there is a limit to how controversial those she associate or buy products from can be.
Hence why Mary ma have to ditch Mai Manniche's designs - for good.

There will be an exhibtion about Crown Princess Mary at the Koldinghus. In it will also the Ruby Parure displayed. In this pic one can see how the ruby tiara was changed again and resembles now again more Queen Ingrid's version of it

https://www.kongernessamling.dk/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/RubinSaetDiademJPG.jpg

Given that the ruby parure will be at the exhibition, the C-P will be unlikely to wear it at any gala events during the year, including the rescheduled events for QM II's jubilee.

Given that the ruby parure will be at the exhibition, the C-P will be unlikely to wear it at any gala events during the year, including the rescheduled events for QM II's jubilee.

Wouldn't be so sure about that. If i recall right at some Event a few years also HM or Princess Benedikte used a tiara which was exhibited at that time.

Wouldn't be so sure about that. If i recall right at some Event a few years also HM or Princess Benedikte used a tiara which was exhibited at that time.

It is entirely possible that Mary borrows the parure from the exhibition to wear it, just as HM does when she gets jewellery from Rosenberg to wear.

Last edited:
What a simply enchanting piece of jewelry. I would love to be able to see it.

I think CP Mary wore a new brooch at the Exhibition "A Queen's Jewellery Box" yesterday:

https://www.kongehuset.dk/media/mawjnl51/_kna9994.jpg

Looks like the special brooch designed by Georg Jensen for QMII's golden jubilee:

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/photo-video/presentation-of-georg-jensens-“jubilee-jewelry”

The one available to general public is sterling silver with one gold beam, while the one received by QMII is a special version in gold with one silver beam and diamond studs.

From the picture, I think CP Mary was also wearing a golden version of the brooch. I wonder if it's the same one as QM's.

Back
Top Bottom