Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The people on tv2 said it was a tiara worn as a necklace, not sure how they know.
It looks like it could be one, but not one I can remember seeing before...
Rather lovely anyhow.

Well, TV2 has, after all, Anna von Lowzow as commentator :)

Then I hope that Anna von Lowzow will let more details slip:D. I already love this necklace and have high hopes to see it as tiara sooner or later. But I can't remember having seen this jewel on any other family member before.

One thought: they have four kids, in years to come they will all need tiaras (the boys of course won't need them for themselves, of course:p). So why not start to aquire some suitable pieces now so that CP Mary can wear them for a while?

Edit: I didn't watch the the transmission, but maybe Anna von Lowzow made her comment before she had had a clear view on the necklace? She might have been mistaken, maybe she now is as puzzled as we are?

Last edited:
The necklace and earrings are absolutely stunning! The necklace is incredible.

It's definitely not her wedding tiara. Maybe a new piece of jewelry from Frederik? Or a gift from Margrethe? :flowers:

That necklace is absolutely riveting, I must say. Definitely looks like a convertible tiara to me, I just don't know which one it can be. Doesn't look like one I've seen before. It'll be interesting to see if BB have some more information on it.

Its very similar to her tiara so I hope at least for now we get to enjoy as a necklace. Her makeup is so pretty close up.

Beautiful new necklace and earrings! The necklace looks like an old antique which makes it even more gorgeous and the earrings are so delicate. What a wonderful combo. I hope we see the necklace as a tiara soon.

How exciting. It isn't every day that we see a newly aquired piece of this size on a royal (save the ugly Saudi gifts for the Duchess of Cornwall). Let's hope we will see it often in the future, also as a tiara. Her wedding tiara always looked better as a necklace IMHO and the two seem to be in a simular style. Let's hope she will wear them together the soon. Of course it could also be a loan.

Lovely. The stones may not be large and sparkly, but the necklace / tiara has size and stature on its size. Methinks a welcome addition to Mary's collection.

We still need to see better and clearer close-up pics of the necklace. But so far I don't think that there are that many diamonds in it. I think it's mainly metal ornaments accentuated with a diamond at the base and at the end of it. Far from the typical diamond encrusted Saudi gifts. But it has all the advantage of style, charm, taste and history. I love it!

There will be tiara events coming up next week, though I don't dare hope that CP Mary will repeat the jewel so soon as a tiara.

We still need to see better and clearer close-up pics of the necklace. But so far I don't think that there are that many diamonds in it. I think it's mainly metal ornaments accentuated with a diamond at the base and at the end of it. Far from the typical diamond encrusted Saudi gifts. But it has all the advantage of style, charm, taste and history. I love it!

There will be tiara events coming up next week, though I don't dare hope that CP Mary will repeat the jewel so soon as a tiara.

Agree, I don't see a lot of diamonds (mostly differently colored metals) on this necklace but I still love it.

Last edited:
Lovely. The stones may not be large and sparkly, but the necklace / tiara has size and stature on its size. Methinks a welcome addition to Mary's collection.

Agree, I don't see a lot of diamonds (mostly differently colored metals) on this necklace but I still love it.

I think we all agree, it looks like a lovely necklace (and potentially, a tiara), and would make a very welcome and useful addition to Mary's jewel chest.

That necklace is absolutely riveting, I must say. Definitely looks like a convertible tiara to me, I just don't know which one it can be. Doesn't look like one I've seen before. It'll be interesting to see if BB have some more information on it.
Beautiful new necklace and earrings! The necklace looks like an old antique which makes it even more gorgeous and the earrings are so delicate. What a wonderful combo. I hope we see the necklace as a tiara soon.
AZ you are right, that necklace is absolutely riveting and, more importantly, it looks to be an older design which would lend itself to conversion to a tiara. As Amy noted, it has an "old antique" feel about it and as dbarn notes, it doesn't look heavy on the diamonds. So we have a very interesting piece, well set actually if we include the earrings.

On the one hand it could be something quite old and with a paucity of sparkly diamonds we could assume that those diamonds there are, are a very old cut and so not as blingy as newer pieces or, we could be looking at a very new retro piece which, with the matching but almost contemporary lines of the earrings, could be more likely.

Either way, I believe this is a very lovely addition to Mary's jewel box and, if it does indeed convert to a tiara, could look a lot more substantial than her wedding tiara. As to whether it is gems, metal or a bit of both, well we have all seen just how spectacular metal alone can look when we see the Swedish Steel Cut tiara.

As for me, I can't wait to find out something, anything, about the history of this set, be it long or short. I stand ready to be surprised.

It looks Victorian Style to me, so I think, it is created before 1900....
Old and not too many bling diamonds, but really divine
Bye Bine

It looks Victorian Style to me, so I think, it is created before 1900....
Old and not too many bling diamonds, but really divine
Bye Bine

I agree, it is quite possibly, Victorian.

I remain surprised that Queen Margarethe has not really materially added to the Danish jewel collection. We are not talking about big spending, but for example, a year's clothing and accessories purchase moratorium for Mary would well fund the purchase of a demi-parure.

I would have loved her to wear the whole ruby earrings. Love them!

Do we think the "drop" part of the ruby earrings are new or do they belong to the big ruby set? Not sure I have seen them used like this before.
I think it are drops from the necklace.

Do we think the "drop" part of the ruby earrings are new or do they belong to the big ruby set? Not sure I have seen them used like this before.

I think they are center drops from the original earrings. I bought the Danish book about the redo of the Danish Ruby Parure for Mary, and while I don't read or understand danish, the pictures indicated the earrings were modified so that the center drops could be worn from the top cluster.

First glimpse on Mary's stunning necklace (tiara worn as a necklace?) at the concert for Margrethe's 75th birthday

http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/524/8/x2048-u/8524444-.jpg

Then I hope that Anna von Lowzow will let more details slip:D. I already love this necklace and have high hopes to see it as tiara sooner or later. But I can't remember having seen this jewel on any other family member before.

I read on the CP Mary's Message Board that BB this week write it is a tiara that Mary wore as a necklace. I hope BB is correct. Don't know where they have their information from, but I really hope Mary own's it. I would really like to see it as a tiara!

Close up of Mary's stunning necklace/tiara: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1440822053_dd74b791ff425464f3b1249fb049f173

Last edited:
I think we all agree, it looks like a lovely necklace (and potentially, a tiara), and would make a very welcome and useful addition to Mary's jewel chest.

It is a beautiful design, but I agree that it may not be all diamonds. If the earrings are meant to match, the stone in the "teardrop" portion looks like moonstone. However, this could be due to lighting, angle, etc.

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom