Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never thought Mary wears this enough!!! Id wear that sucker any chance I got!! Thank u for the great photos!!!

I am a huge aquamarine fan I love the stone ... her ring is quite something LOVE it

Tonight, Mary wore her wedding tiara, and stunning earrings:

Would love to see what large ring she is wearing. Maybe the aquamarine ring?

Tonight, Mary wore her wedding tiara, and stunning earrings:

Would love to see what large ring she is wearing. Maybe the aquamarine ring?

I think the earrings are aquamarine, so it would make sense for the giant ring to be the aquamarine one too. I think Mary looks exquisite tonight!

Is this a new bracelet? Looks to have aquas in it.

Mary looked stunning. The dress and jewels looked beautiful together.

Is this a new bracelet? Looks to have aquas in it.
I don't know if it is new, but it must be aquas:

(picture heavily cropped to less than 20% and not subject to copyright)

Wow. Wish we new more. Is it one piece? Is it real?

Noblesse et Royautés just wrote a thread about Princess Anne of Denmark, Prince Georges 's wife and Queen Mum' s Niece.
A picture of her wearing an evening dress, white fur , white long gloves and smoking shows a necklace which looks like Crown Princess Mary wedding tiara ????
Just a though !

Here you see Princess Anne of Denmark née Bowes-Lyon formerly Viscountess Anson, granddaughter of the 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne as well granddaughter of the 21st Baron Clinton.

Here you see Princess Anne and her husband Prince George during a State Banquet in Amsterdam 1975. The "diadem of Princess Mary" looks a lot like the collier worn by Princess Anne:

See picture

Princess Anne also had another parure with matching jewels:

See picture

:flowers:

Interesting! Were any comments ever made when Mary received her "wedding tiara" about its provenance?

Interesting! Were any comments ever made when Mary received her "wedding tiara" about its provenance?

The only comment was it was purchased for Mary.

I found another picture of Princess Anne's necklace...looks very similar

Necklace.jpg
61442702_136286870938.jpg

Wow great comparison. They certainly look very similar. Although some of the elements on Mary's are different. I was always under the impression that HM designed Mary's tiara herself. Maybe I read it somewhere back in 2004. Perhaps this necklace was bought and some changes made.

The two necklaces are in a similar style but when you enlarge the pictures and look closely you will see that they are definitely not the same. The shape of the different elements clearly differs.

I can't imagine that the Queen designed the tiara herself. The jewel is a historic one, it is said to date back to around 1910. At that era it was very common to make tiaras convertible into other jewels. So it is very likely that the necklace always had a tiara frame. At least the design indicates that it was meant to work as a necklace as well as a tiara.

I agree. I think it is an old piece purchased for Mary. I prefer it as a necklace. Very pretty.

Thanks for sending the whole Picture of Queen Margarethe II State Visit in the Netherlands 40 years ago.
Why did only Prince Georg and Princess Anne attend this State Visit abroad ?

I believe this is her dangle diamond and aquas. They are pretty. Not quite as grand as the chandeliers.

Holy Wowza that is some ring!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the aqua ring! Very beautiful.

Both the bracelet and the ring look lovely. I think it is great how a demi-parure has been assembled over the years. She just needs an aqua tiara now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom