Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ayvee. Just checked them they are stunning.

The first is not a ring, it's a bangle bracelet. You can see it in the second picture you posted.

The first is not a ring, it's a bangle bracelet. You can see it in the second picture you posted.

Thanks for the correction. I got that picture from here. Those photos did not have a ring so I asumed the bracelet was a ring. It looked like one to me!

:previous:

It's also tagged as "ring" so it was easy to be confused. It does look a lot like a ring too.
I've attached a picture of the tiara, brooch and bracelet together for a perspective.

Image cropped from a larger one that's available for free use

Attachments

• Tiara, Ring and Bracelet of the Danish Ruby Parure.jpg
    Tiara, Ring and Bracelet of the Danish Ruby Parure.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,849
(I apologize if this has already been posted.)
Marianne Dulong - Eventyrlige Rubiner
:previous: contains a short film on the righthand side about the changes the Ruby Parure underwent. I don't understand Danish so if someone could translate the gist of it, I'd appreciate it. It looks like they changed alot more than just the tiara - did they make new settings for everything so it's more versatile? There's also a book that talks about the process of changing the parure, but it's in Danish only, and probably not available to people across the "pond".​

The jewels Mary wore at the New Years Courts:

Pic Pic2

As always Mary wore the stunning Ruby tiara. I actually don't mind it with the orange gown. Last year she wore some parts of the tiara in her hair.

Ok so this is different also for the necklace? She took the smaller version of the necklace (smaller??? hehe) from the Luxemborg wedding debut and put a pendant or bottom part of brooch on it? Is this right? Love Love that shes playing with those rubies!

How absolutely exquisite! Mary looks sensational.

I love the versatility of the ruby parure. She just wears these pieces so exquisitely.

Ok so this is different also for the necklace? She took the smaller version of the necklace (smaller??? hehe) from the Luxemborg wedding debut and put a pendant or bottom part of brooch on it? Is this right? Love Love that shes playing with those rubies!

Yes she took the bottom part of the brooch and attached it to a pared down version of the necklace. The last time she wore this dress on New Year's the tiara hadn't changed, she wore the earrings in their original form and she wore the bottom part of the brooch on a simple chain as a necklace. I love how versital she has made this parure!

Can anyone tell what earrings she wore for her second daytime NY court event? When she wore the puffy pink skirt?

Roskilde, awesome pic. Thanks, its such a beautiful piece when shown like this but seems so tiny on...I do love the pearls.

Actually, the wedding tiara has never been one of my favourites, but I kinda like it after Mary's had the pearls added. I'm not a big fan of too spiked tiaras, but it's evened out a bit when the pearls are on. Overall I prefer when she converts it to a necklace, it's absolutely gorgeous.

I would love to know about the earring with the brownjacket and pink dress as well have tried to get a better look but haven't had that much time also... does anyone know???

Wow I have never seen the wedding tiara worn as a necklace. Thank you for the picture it looks amazing compaired with the earrings.

I think the tiara is better suited as a necklace since its delicacy of design lends itself better to that form.

Actually, the wedding tiara has never been one of my favourites, but I kinda like it after Mary's had the pearls added. I'm not a big fan of too spiked tiaras, but it's evened out a bit when the pearls are on. Overall I prefer when she converts it to a necklace, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks Archduchess Zelia :flowers:

Like Kit said, I too haven't seen the wedding tiara worn as a necklace. It is very nice and interesting that she can wear it as both tiara and a necklace. It is truly beautiful. But it is rare that we see it as a necklace, isn't it?

Last edited:
I wonder how much work is involved for a jeweler to convert the tiara to a necklace. A diamond necklace is really one of the things I think the princess is lacking and in need of.

This earring is from Line & Co and is 14cts with 7 diamonds retails from 6,200 kroner. Found it on Royal Ladies fashion thread - purse forum. You never know she may have received them as a 40th bday gift or xmas present.

Last edited:
I don't see what's tacky about the jewelry either. It's not something I would wear either but I think it looks good on Mary and I definitely don't think it's tacky in any way.

I don't think it's tacky but I don't like it... and is my observation correct .. there is only one ?? worse still, the whole look was a bit off, but I do think that made it worse!!IMO of course

I find it tacky, something that Stephanie Monaco wear but not Mary, it looks quite chavy especially wearing only one piece and nothing on the other ear.

:previous:I have to agree with you on this, Duke. Here in Spain that kind of jewellery is something that only a "choni" would wear, I think the equivalent English word for choni is "chav".

If she had wore the two earrings, maybe the effect would be different. Worn this way, it creates the effect of multipierced ear that for me is anything but elegant.

That's an odd look with the one earring and I don't like the positioning of it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom