Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight Princess Mary wears her wedding tiara with pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. The pearls seem to be of a serious size. Has she worn them before? That dress seems perfect for the ruby parure, I hope she repeats it with the rubies!

She wore this dress with ruby parure before her wedding, at gala in opera I think...
The pearls suits her very well :)

It is so nice to see Mary in her South Sea pearls, they haven't come out in awhile and they really look good with the red dress!!!

so this is no new pearls?
No, they are not new, she has worn them since her wedding.(maybe a gift) but, I have never seen her wear them with her tiara!:p

Love, love, love the fact that she wore the bracelet the Queen gave her to match the rest of the Royal family. Wonderful touch. The pearls actually make her tiara look bigger, can't explain why, for me they just do.

i don't know this story - what is the significance of the bracelet?

i don't know this story - what is the significance of the bracelet?
It once belonged to Queen Alexandrine, who left it to Queen Ingrid and from her it went to Queen Margrethe who gave it to Mary on her engagement Day.

I love this bracelet, does anyone know how to work their computer magic and make it bigger so we can see the detail? Where is my Ayvee?

maybe my eyes trick me, but to me it looks like Mary got pearls on the spikes of her wedding tiara
On this picture it looks like the good old diamond on the tiara spikes. http://i43.tinypic.com/1znphuc.jpg
But it is a good idea, maybe some pearls could give the tiara a bit more substance. Maybe someone could make a photoshop and post it in the photoshopping thread?

On this picture it looks like the good old diamond on the tiara spikes. http://i43.tinypic.com/1znphuc.jpg
But it is a good idea, maybe some pearls could give the tiara a bit more substance. Maybe someone could make a photoshop and post it in the photoshopping thread?
What i think wouldalso improve the look is a diamond base that it sits higher.

I don't like the pearls with the tiara it doesn't look right to me an dunless there are lots a swith Queen Mary I don't think she should repeat the look IMO only of course.

The pearl necklace, the earrings and the bracelet look great. IMO this tiara is nothing special.

Mary seems to have taken the top part of her ruby earrings and put a drop pearl with them. Princess Diana used to do this, it depends on how long the wire is in the pearl earring if it will work. It looks stunning on Mary!! With the tiara,,, it has never looked better IMO!!

Crown Princess Mary is wearing that wonderful modern tiara with moonstones! I had thought it was only a loan, but maybe it is hers now? Either way, it is very nice to see it again and I am pleased she has a third tiara to wear!
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Dinner

Does anyone have a close-up of the tiara Mary wore tonight?

You can see photos of Princess Mary wearing the tiara here:
Princesses watchers: 70 ans de la reine Margrethe - Soirée de gala au palais de Fredensborg

From the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board:

Posted by David
invisible.gif
on April 17, 2010, 7:40 am, in reply to "Re: Mary in the modern Wattle Tiara"

As a dane, I followed the tv-transmit last night, and what caught my ear was that Anna von Lowsow -a noble lady working for the televison and one of the producers on the forthcoming documentary on royal jewels said that the tiara still belongs to the maker Ole Lynggaard, but that the company has given the Crownprincess - and only the Crowprincess free disposal of the tiara.. So I guess Mary can add a 3rd tiara to her collection of jewels...

Crown Princess Mary is wearing that wonderful modern tiara with moonstones! I had thought it was only a loan, but maybe it is hers now? Either way, it is very nice to see it again and I am pleased she has a third tiara to wear!

The person who is the owner of this tiara loaned the tiara to Mary again for this occasion. It's just beautiful on Mary.

IMO this is one of the best 'looks' of the ruby parure I ever seen. I'm totally in love with the fact that she took off the lower part of the earrings and replaced them with pearl drops. I hope to see them like this more often. CP Mary wears this parure in the most inventive ways, and it really 'refreshes' what could be very staid jewelry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted that on #78 but thought no one was interested. I love this and am so glad Mary comes up with new ways to wear her jewelry! Thanks for sharing my interest!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the Wattle tiara I thought that the teal needed something else I love the dress though and was surprised that dark on dark look was Mary's choice

Mary seems to have taken the top part of her ruby earrings and put a drop pearl with them. Princess Diana used to do this, it depends on how long the wire is in the pearl earring if it will work. It looks stunning on Mary!! With the tiara,,, it has never looked better IMO!!
The complete ruby earrings are so big that it must be very inconvenient to wear them, the small version was too small for my taste. But this combination with the pearl is perfect, imo. Mary looked absolutely stunnig and this was the best hairstyle she ever had with the ruby tiara.

Me too! I was so surprised and also pleased to see it again and hope that she will continue to wear it. I know that many people don't like this modern tiara, but to me it one of the very few (or maybe the only) examples of a contemporary tiara that is really working without being somewhat neoclassical.

Change of subject if I may, Mary's large single strand pearl necklace was a wedding gift from Greenland. This was published in Australia when she married. You may then notice that it appears to be a tradition of some sort as every Danish Princess owns a large single strand necklace probably from Greenland also, even Princess Elisabeth cousin of the Queen. So too Prss Alexandra.

All three of Marys jewel outings were a great success in my opinion! The ruby parure was worn very succesfully with such an elegant classy dress a la Princess Grace/Diana. Im also a fan of the Midnight Tiara, as someone said, one of the very few contempory tiaras that works!

Is it tradition Tarlita I think just about every royal owns a single strand of pearls and earrings to match and I thought that that is because they all just do I own two single strands and so on ..... it is not tradition just a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom