Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much rubies! That is why it is such a pale color. It is very beautiful for sure. We will cross our fingers that the ring is hers;) As for the bracelet she needs it for sure in her collection of bracelets. CP Fred are you listening!:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ayvee will agree...
the stone in the necklace is a morganite and so are the earrings. they are a light peach color.

as for the ruby ring, wasnt she wearing this on the eve of her wedding? thats why I was thinking she borrowed it from the Queen, but I would love it if its new!!

Morganite or Kunzite are the stones I think of since they range in light pink to peach in color.

On the eve of her wedding where Princess Mary wears the red gown with ruby parure at the Royal Theatre, she wears a wedding band on her right middle finger (not the ring finger). I've read somewhere that this was her mother's wedding band but I have no source for this. This might have been mentioned during the TV broadcast but I don't know for sure.

yes I am....gorgeous ring isn't it?

and yes I hope the flower cuff by Oly Lynngard is a new addition to her vault!!!

Love the photo.. Thanks Bonbon

Goes well with her other ruby jewelry. Thanks for the photo ayvee.:flowers:

She's worn it before I believe, it is part of the parue, so it's not that new. :)

She's worn it before I believe, it is part of the parue, so it's not that new. :)

The whole parure is pictured in 'Juvelerne I Det Danske Kongehus' by Bjarne Steen Jensen and there is no ruby ring in the parure.

This is the first time Princess Mary has worn this ring.

I know it is not part of the parure but i am sure i have seen Mary wearing a big ruby ring like this at gala events in the past events

Is it possible that Mary's pink pendant stone on thin chain could be a pink topaz?

The whole parure is pictured in 'Juvelerne I Det Danske Kongehus' by Bjarne Steen Jensen and there is no ruby ring in the parure.

This is the first time Princess Mary has worn this ring.

Well I have seen her wearing it before, i'm sure of it.

I know it is not part of the parure but i am sure i have seen Mary wearing a big ruby ring like this at gala events in the past events

I suppose we'll have to agree in our disagreement.

The only reason I will stick by my assertion that this is the first time she has worn this ruby ring is because of my jewelry database on Princess Mary. Give me a date for an official engagement since her engagement was announced in Oct. 2003 or any gala event and I can list all jewelry she has worn with pictures too.

I suppose we'll have to agree in our disagreement.

The only reason I will stick by my assertion that this is the first time she has worn this ruby ring is because of my jewelry database on Princess Mary. Give me a date for an official engagement since her engagement was announced in Oct. 2003 or any gala event and I can list all jewelry she has worn with pictures too.

Ayvee is that pearls around the ring? I tried to enlarge it and still could not tell for sure. TIA:flowers:

Ayvee is that pearls around the ring? I tried to enlarge it and still could not tell for sure. TIA:flowers:

I think they are diamonds, but they could very well be seed pearls too. The close-up I posted is the best one I have. Hopefully, we can get better close-ups next time. For now, I'll say diamonds since it seems to have been made in the same style as the bracelet.

I think the ruby ring is to match the other ruby jewelry and they look like diamonds. With a design like this it should be diamonds. They look like large stone so, the crown princess' ring must be expensive.:flowers:

Thank you both so much! I am hoping diamonds too since they are our best friend. lol
I am so blind anymore I cannot see anything unless it is huge. Sighhhh that over 50 really sucks for the eyesight. lol

So have I. It might be a very old ring that is normally worn with the parure, while not being a part of it. I doubt that she'd get a brand new ring just to wear for the Swedish Royal wedding.

So have I. It might be a very old ring that is normally worn with the parure, while not being a part of it. I doubt that she'd get a brand new ring just to wear for the Swedish Royal wedding.

To date, the ruby tiara has been worn by Princess Mary 12 times:
2 before wedding
5 for New Year's Banquets (2006-2010)
1 Joachim & Marie's wedding
1 QMII's 70th birthday
1 Victoria & Daniel's wedding
2 for official portraits

This ruby ring only showed up for Victoria & Daniel's wedding. So if she has worn this ring before, it was definitely NOT with the ruby parure/tiara. (Even Queen Ingrid, who wore the whole parure in official portraits, didn't wear a ruby ring.)

Perhaps you are thinking of her diamond and amethyst ring.

No, I'm not. I'm pretty sure I've seen her wear the ring before, even if she wasn't wearing the parure at the time. The point of my post was that I didn't think the ring was new, as some people have speculated.

It might be a very old ring that is normally worn with the parure, while not being a part of it. I doubt that she'd get a brand new ring just to wear for the Swedish Royal wedding.

Lovely as the ring is, its hardly going to be very expensive - so she may well have bought it, to wear not just at the Swedish wedding, but subsequently as well.

She could have worn it, and not with the Parue. Just because it is ruby, does not mean it has to be worn with the Parue.

I was looking at some older pics of P Mary and was wondering if anyone has a good pic of the black and white pearl necklace with the clasp in front. It looks to be a sapphire but I need a better pic....anyone?:):)

:previous: Thats not a 'black and white' pearl necklace...

I think rubies may be refering to the two strand cultured pearl necklace that is widely considered to have been an engagement gift from Prince Henrik.

It's strange I've been trying to find a better photo from the engagement dinner and the best one is the one Lumutqueen has posted. I thought that the dinner would have had more coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom