The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 12:12 PM
Commoner

I don't think I'm familiar with the antique diamond circle brooch.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

She wore it to Parliament this year. I figure it was a wedding gift. Marie has a similar one.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think you mean this one?
Danish Royal Family at the opening session of the Danish Parliament | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION
And a close-up from an earlier event.
View image: cp mary brooch

To my knowledge this brooch was an engagement present from Prince Henrik. But I don't know, if it has a family history or if it was bought for her. Judging from the design, it could well be antique. Does anybody know more about it?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Commoner

Thanks, Rubies and Tilia
It's very elegant, very pretty. Based on the design it might be antique but it's hard to tell.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Jewels of the Day: November 2

These earrings are absolutely exquisite. They are simply regal.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Stunning just stunning..
Old 11-03-2015, 02:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think you mean this one?
Danish Royal Family at the opening session of the Danish Parliament | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION
And a close-up from an earlier event.
View image: cp mary brooch

To my knowledge this brooch was an engagement present from Prince Henrik. But I don't know, if it has a family history or if it was bought for her. Judging from the design, it could well be antique. Does anybody know more about it?
Here's more about that brooch: Mary from the start: Greek olympics: days 7-8-9
Old 11-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love that brooch
Old 11-04-2015, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

CP Mary has worn this wonderful brooch in her hair at a banquet in 2009 when she and Fred accompanied the Queen on a State Visit to Vietnam. I love this look!
View image: dk mary vietnam

Old 11-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Majesty

I too love this look. It is perfectly placed and looks wonderful on Mary. Le sigh . . . le purr! But seriously, does anyone know if the single diamond 'spokes' are en tremblant? That really would be the icing on the cake.

http://s14.postimg.org/ayr5ej0zl/cp_mary_brooch.jpg
Old 11-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I too love this look. It is perfectly placed and looks wonderful on Mary. Le sigh . . . le purr! But seriously, does anyone know if the single diamond 'spokes' are en tremblant? That really would be the icing on the cake.

http://s14.postimg.org/ayr5ej0zl/cp_mary_brooch.jpg
I doubt it. Would be no reason for this type of brooch to have any parts ...en tremblant.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Majesty

Why would there be "no reason" for this type of brooch? Antique jewellery was often mounted this way.

It seems that the majority of 'en tremblant' jewellery are brooches, which is why I asked.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

That would be somethung. Ive seen many of these brooches and have never seen one en tremblant
Old 11-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Why would there be "no reason" for this type of brooch? Antique jewellery was often mounted this way.

It seems that the majority of 'en tremblant' jewellery are brooches, which is why I asked.
en tremblant means there are moving parts. (from tremble). Usually used for insects or bird motives. Not moving parts on a star.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Majesty

This is actually about Mary, our Marie and Isabella, so If anyone can suggest a better thread to post this please do.

BB this week has an article about a jewellery designer, Mai Manniche, and some of the pieces she has designed for members of the DRF.
That includes details about the jewellery and her thought behind designing them.

(I hope you'll bear with me. I'm in the deep end when it comes to jewellery)

Lets take a few captions first:
https://app.box.com/s/miccbng8mufkxjaon9eomyfvjmz4f7oz
Top left: "The Crown Princess is really neat with round earrings, because she has a pointy face with a pointy chin. Apart from that blue is a nice contrast to brown eyes". - Mary wore these in 2012. The earrings are blue Lapiz Lazuli gemstones (whatever that is!) encased in 24 carats gilded sterling silver.

Left: "Princess Marie has what I would call a square face and such she looks her best with droplet shaped earrings which highlight the cheekbones". - Marie wore these in 2012. The earrings are in sterling silver with green onyx. (I have no idea what that is either!)

https://app.box.com/s/6treboua1g2s5wq1m1hrg2bpbcmcalz2
Top left: These Solitaire earrings was worn in 2012. They consist of a thin ring in black silver adorned with white topaz.

Left: These Athene-diamond earrings was worn in 2013.
"Apart from the Crown Princess having a pointy face, she also has a very long face and that's why she's really beautiful with large earrings".

Top right: These Multi-Hoops earrings in 24 carats gilded sterling silver matched the gold-print on Mary's dress and she wore them in 2010.

Bottom right: The heart worn by Bella in 2010 is made from black oxidized sterling silver and adorned with white topazes.

Mai Manniche owns the store, Jewlscph and this is what she has to say about the DRF wearing her products. The first time being in 2009.
"It means a lot to me that the Crown Princess wear the jewels and become so proud when I see it. At some point she was declared a style icon in a British magazine and on the picture she is wearing earrings from Jewlscph.
- The Crown Princess knows the background of the jewels she's wearing. She's very interested in Danish design and she is very conscious of what kind of jewellery she's wearing.
- The Crown Princess would like to receive guidance and I help her with that, but she also knows what she want's herself and what suits her. That I think is cool because it makes the jewellery extra beautiful when she's wearing them because the shapes emphasize her face and the color of her eyes.
With her brown eyes and dark hair it's especially smoke-topazes (røgtopaser - for you to google. Good grief I'm in deep here!) with a brown hue and blue gemstones which suits Crown Princess Mary perfectly.
She rarely wear silver jewellery and ear-sticks but rather gold and round earrings. And then the prices are usually very affordable.
She usually choose to wear jewels that hasn't cost a fortune. That's something everyone can be in on and can wish for. That's a signal to send - you don't have to wear crown jewels to look a million. And Mary does look a million".

The co-operation with Mary "It has definitely helped me along that the Crown Princess in this way has told the world that she backs me and Jewlscph. It has resulted in Mr. and Mrs. Denmark has seen in the magazines that a pair of the Crown Princess earrings look totally good and perhaps wanting them to buy them".
Old 11-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks Muhler.
Quite nice that she supports Danish design and jewelry
Old 11-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...22&oe=56ACF502

i like this cuff Mary is wearing today - any better closeups or more info on it

Old 11-27-2015, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I haven't seen it before but Im interested too!!!!
Old 12-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Majesty

Mary has 6 tiara appearances in 2015:

1 2 3 4 5 6
Old 12-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Mary has 6 tiara appearances in 2015:
This one is my favorite: the red velvet looks luscious. Looking at all the photos, it strikes me how difficult it must be to 'design' one's dress and hair and such around the tiara. The whole look must be very difficult to manage with current dress standards. Nothing like in yonder times when the massive dresses went far to creating the entire effect. Just some thoughts.

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery