The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Mary's wedding anniversary necklace is mentioned in this blog.
Détails de la tenue de Mary
the blog says it was for her 40th birthday?
either way very nice.
another photo, it works really well with the all white ensemble
http://royalista.com/wp-content/imag...200_h=1200.jpg

Old 09-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Nobility

The whole outfit is lovely.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its very nice. Nothing I would pick out but Im not married to a prince with a trove of jewels!!
Old 09-23-2015, 01:45 AM
Serene Highness

Dear CDM - Wow!!! Thanks very much for the informative link. Fred gives a lot of thought to some of his jewelry gifts to his wife. Looks lovely.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Dear CDM - Wow!!! Thanks very much for the informative link. Fred gives a lot of thought to some of his jewelry gifts to his wife. Looks lovely.
I agree he takes a lot of thought for this incredible presents, the bracelet too! Might be nice to receive gifts like this ones!
Nice of him to do it I m sure it is out there husbands with a lot of money and might not come with this lovely gifts!
Old 09-23-2015, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Earrings of the Day: September 22

Round up on Mary's wedding earrings

Old 09-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love Marys wedding earrings. In fact I have loved all the princesses wedding earring choices! That might be a fun photo to compare, all my friends out there who love to paste photos. And we could pick our faves!!!!!!!! Does anyone like this idea?
Old 09-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
the blog says it was for her 40th birthday?

Indeed! A celebration mix-up on my part.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Majesty

BB has some info on a bracelet Mary wore recently: https://app.box.com/s/mrbgp5f4ar43pffr0sgogmhle1sfbcfq
It's by Charlotte Wæhrens and is adorned with saphires.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

New official portraits have been released. CP Mary is wearing the changed ruby parure: the necklace without swags, a small version of the earrings with one ruby drop, and the brooch at the belt.
Nye officielle billeder af Kronprinsparret - Kongehuset

Old 09-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
New official portraits have been released. CP Mary is wearing the changed ruby parure: the necklace without swags, a small version of the earrings with one ruby drop, and the brooch at the belt.
Nye officielle billeder af Kronprinsparret - Kongehuset
Those rubies are divine - to die for! Love the tiara and necklace. Can we play dress up in Mary's jewel box as well?
Fred looks pretty good too. Sorry Mary!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

It is so obvious that the red ruby parure (formerly Queen Ingrid's) means something very special for Mary and Frederik.

And it's looks gorgeous on Mary! Especially when she matchs it with reddish dresses.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

It definitely is something so special. I absolutely love it when she wears all the different pieces all the different ways!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

CP Mary wore the brooch of the ruby parure with the ruby earrings without any drops recently at the Crown Prince Couple's Awards:
Crown Prince Couple's Awards - 2015 | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION
It looked gorgeous on the black dress, if you ask me! And the placement was a bit unusual, so high neck the neck. But it was perfect with the high color of the dress. I loved it!

And another brooch sighting at the Opening of Parliament:
Danish Royal Family at the opening session of the Danish Parliament | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION
Isn't that the brooch she received as wedding present from Prince Henrik? It is one of the three important brooches she owns:
- the brooch from the ruby parure
- the the sapphire brooch she received for Christian's birth
- the wedding gift diamond brooch

Old 10-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Commoner

Are there any really good, close-up photos of Mary's antique sapphire brooch--I believe it was a gift from Frederik or the Queen when Christian was born? It's my favorite piece of all her jewelry. (Sorry, I see that there are a lot of threads re her jewels and there are probably lots of pix of this brooch, but I can't take the time now to scroll thru them all)
Old 10-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnylamb View Post
Are there any really good, close-up photos of Mary's antique sapphire brooch--I believe it was a gift from Frederik or the Queen when Christian was born? It's my favorite piece of all her jewelry. (Sorry, I see that there are a lot of threads re her jewels and there are probably lots of pix of this brooch, but I can't take the time now to scroll thru them all)
Here ya go:

http://i45.tinypic.com/28hk577.jpg
Old 10-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Commoner

^ Very nice photo (I couldn't find a "drooling" emoticon). Thanks!
Old 10-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes. I am in agreement that it is one of her most spectacular pieces of jewelry and not worn enough.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Yes. I am in agreement that it is one of her most spectacular pieces of jewelry and not worn enough.
Omigosh, if I had it I'd wear it 24/7
But of course she has a lot of other jewelry to choose from. And, if I'm not mistaken, all her other pieces (except for the Ruby Parure) are modern, so that must be what she prefers. Oh well.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

True. I also love the antique diamond circle brooch and am surprised she doesnt wear it with gowns. Can u imagine the sapphire brooch with one of her blue gowns????? Stunning!

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery