Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for this hair ornament, but her pendant is beautiful. Perhaps the only thing I liked from today's outfit.

I agree the whole look IMO was just sooo horrible and then to put a really boring necklace and the silly alice band I must be grumpy this morning so will sign off here

She looked superb, yesterday. A terrific combination, and I adore that blouse!!! Her hair looked lovely with the added wave, too.

Hi everyone...if this has been mentioned or posted before, I apologize.

The link below gives a very good close up the tiara that Mary wore with her teal dress during the birthday celebrations. The creator calls it the "Midnight Tiara" It also gives the name of the designer and a brief history of the tiara. Happy reading!

Lady Karen

The Midnight Tiara

Thanks for the link Lady Karen! I scolled through all the different collections and saw quite a few things I have seen on Princess Mary. She has a real affection for this jewelry like the designer Marianne Duhlong, and its beautiful on her!

I love this tiara. It's so unusual. Not bright colored gems like we might usually see. It's not one I would want to see Mary wear all the time, but it's very pretty.

It is elegant and lends a tasteful addition to her beautiful attire. She is stunning and does not need the extra "glitz" that some tiaras have.

I just love this tiara. It is named appropriate. It reminds me of the tiara that would be in Shakespeare's play a Midsummer Night's Dream. I wish I could afford some jewelry from this Danish Jewelry design house. The tiara is to kill for. I am glad Princess Mary wears this contemporary jewelry and can pull it off because of her style.:);):)

I too am quite a fan of this tiara. Imo it is one of the best contemporary tiaras I have seen, being both very modern and wearable. For the jewelry house it must be excellent publicty that Mary is borrowing it from time to time. They actually have a design range called MIDNIGHT on their website. No prices mentioned, unfortunately. But that gorgeous necklace would be too expansive for me anyway. So maybe it's lucky that I don't know the price.
Midnight

I agree, the Midnight tiara is simply stunning. There has been so much criticism of queen Margrethe's poppies and queen Sonja's modern tiara, so it's nice to see a modern piece that actually works :) Much as I love the older gorgeous tiaras in the different royal houses, I find it great that there are also contemporary designs in the royal vaults.

Userdane: do you have a photo for the Qmargrethe 's poppies and Q Sonjia modern tiara? I really too love this Midnight tiaa, I think it is stunning I would like to have it too! it is niche too with the muthcing brooche! and Mary is very lucky to use it, she looks gorgeos with it!

The Midnight Tiara looks fresh and contemporary but elegant and regal at the same time. When Princess Isabella grows up, it will be ideal for her!

I am absolutly not a fan of the midnight tiara.
I actually prefer the two Mary owns but I think she needs another big one.
Her ruby tiara is one of my favourite tiara but it restricts her choice of color for gala dresses.
Her wedding tiara is beautiful but it's not big enough for some events.It's actually strange to see Marie or other minor royal princesses wearing bigger tiara than the crown princess.
I will love to see her in a big diamond tiara.I think,she deserves it

Userdane: do you have a photo for the Qmargrethe 's poppies and Q Sonjia modern tiara? I really too love this Midnight tiaa, I think it is stunning I would like to have it too! it is niche too with the muthcing brooche! and Mary is very lucky to use it, she looks gorgeos with it!

Try this link here at TRF http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f132/worst-royal-jewels-2-a-14089.html Ashelen. It's a long and very entertaining thread about the jewellery, tiaras especially, which the various members consider monstrocities in some degree ;)

I agree that it would be nice to see more tiaras for Mary (and Marie) - though I really really like the midnight tiara and the idea of a tiara representation of our time.
At the royal jewel message board, Royal Jewels of the World Message Board, some members have been discussing whether for instance princess Elisabeth may bequeath some of her tiaras back to the main royal line, since the princess has no issue. Also, there is a discussion of the tiaras held by the Greek family, notably the Khedive tiara - whether it may one day return to the DRF. I still cannot understand why the late queen Ingrid let this special tiara leave the DRF.
I would love to see a sort of 'common pool' of jewellery which both Mary and Marie could use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it hasn't been posted here that the gorgeous tiara from the ruby parure has been changed lately. CP Mary wore the new version for the first time at the theatre gale for Queen Margrethe. Leafs from the top and from the sides have been taken off and been used to fill up gaps in the in the tiara. (Kudos to Tamara who posted it on the RJB :flowers: Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Danish Rubies )
Actually I prefer the look of the older version. Now it looks to dense for my taste, and it became more difficult to make out the shapes of the single leafs. Also I miss the leaf on the top which gave it a unique outline.

UserDane, I also love the idea for a common jewellery pool. Maybe a mixture would be good: signature pieces for each royal lady which they may wear exclusively, plus a pool of pieces that would be shared between the them. Eg. it wouldn't hurt the Queen if she shared the turquoise bandeau and the maybe the Baden palmette tiara with her daughters in law. Also they should try to make a deal with Countess Alexandra to acquire back the drop diamond tiara, maybe granting her that Felix' and Nicolai will be allowed to borrow it for their future wives. Hehehe:lol:, I've got it all planned out for them. Only they don't ask my opinion:ROFLMAO:.

I hadn't noticed the change. I do like the new one, but the old design was beautiful.
I notice pearls have been added to the earings.
I wish Margrethe would share. :lol:

The pearls on the earrings are a brilliant idea, imo! Certainly more comfortable to wear than the big version, whereas the small version was way too small for may taste.
Can you imagine Mary with part of the Queens floral aigrette in her hair? Well, I can!! Must look lovely on her dark hair. Maybe she should start with only one of the three parts, leaving the grand version to the Queen. And necklaces! She needs to wear more necklaces!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great ideas and suggestions, Tilia C. and UserDane!!!! I hadn't noticed the changes either. The new version of Mary's ruby tiara is equally beautiful IMO.

Very interesting on the changes of the ruby tiara! I really loved how she wore it this last time with the white dress and pearl drops added. Gorgeous!!! I have said this time and time again but Mary really needs a diamond necklace. She would look smashing in a very simple diamond riviere (sp) I also think it would beef up her wedding tiara by having a diamond necklace on, then she could wear it with her cocktail dresses and such when she's not in full gala!!

Mary new brooch

Can someone help please. Hello magazine has published a photo of Prss Mary on the back page of issue - no 1120 April 26. She is dressed elegantly in a black coat over a lilac lace dress wearing a new brooch. Behind her is Carlsberg Museum. I would like to know what she was attending so I could get a closer photo of the brooch. Or if anyone can tell me about the brooch. Looks like two diamond flowers on a single stem.
Thanks in advance.:)

Tarlita,
I think Mary wore that outfit when attending the opening of the "Queen of Denmark" Exhibition. Mary and Frederik were there together with the Queen and PH.

I ve read in many posts concerning Mary's jewellery that is weird Marie's diamond tiara is bigger than Mary's but, to tell the truth, I really don't feel sorry for Mary having a smaller diamond tiara than Marie, because:
a) Marie's tiara is just a loan form the royal family ,while Mary's is at least her own personal property. Marie will only have her own tiara if QMII leaves a tiara to her or to Joachim - if not she will be on loan probabbly for ever.
b) Once Mary becomes the Queen she will have a vast collection to choose from. Marie will most likely stuck to her tiara.
c) she is the only Crown Princess who has a whole parure at her exclusive disposal. And not just any parure, but a parure which is a historic piece as well. It dates back at Napoleon's time right?

By the way, I can't understand why Mary keeps buying all these Dulong's jewel. They look very similar to me ( some even identical). She could on the other hand raise money and buy a nice classic piece with semi precious stones instead.

I like HRH's mix of antique and contemporary jewellery. I am a fan of the new "midnight" tiara because it is unique and new, and at the same time quite tasteful.

I like HRH's mix of antique and contemporary jewellery. I am a fan of the new "midnight" tiara because it is unique and new, and at the same time quite tasteful.

I am with you on this. I think Mary manages to mix new and traditional well.

...Marie's tiara is just a loan form the royal family, while Mary's is at least her own personal property.
In the interests of accuracy it should be noted that the ruby tiara is the property of Crown Prince Frederik.
In effect both Marie's tiara and Mary's ruby tiara are on "permanent loan".

I think that the tiara that was beind discussed was CP Mary's wedding tiara, it was a gift to the Crown Princess from the Queen and PH on her wedding, this is Mary's own tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom