Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the brooch too. I wondered whether there was significance that the Queen wore a turquoise brooch as well. IDK. Mary's kinda looks like a caterpillar or a kids bandaid from a distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know anything about this brooch Mary was wearing yesterday April 16, 2013. It looks new. Picture

I think it is new, and we can only speculate on its origin! However I've got the impression that HM likes turquoises and - if I may speculate;) - maybe Mary is wearing this particular brooch in her honour. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that both are wearing turquoise-set jewellery! Then again, royalty are often making statements with their jewellery!

viv

The only amazing thing about the outfit ... the fab earrings...thanks for pointing out the silver lining there.

she wore her wedding tiara last night not the biggest but i think it looked good with the dress she wore

I would have loved to see the ruby tiara and earrings with the blush dress.

Mary had pieces of her ruby parure in her hair at the inauguration of Willem-Alexander.
Pic

Yes they are a nicee touch and IMO probably the only really nice thing about the outfit.

Well, I liked her outfit for the inauguration ceremony. But the ruby clips were the icing on the cake, imo.

She wore more pieces of the ruby parure at the evening event: the large version of the earrings came out once again.

Earrings worn by Mary: https://www.box.com/s/57owp53mgzj80jg4q48b By Malene Juhl-Jørgensen. Mary's are specially made and cannot be bought in a store. They are 18 carats white-gold with champagne diamonds (whatever that is) and from a series called: Bille/beatle.

A specially made necklace, made by Charlotte Lynggaard: https://www.box.com/s/iy8e0dbqscep3o2lknjt

A My Friend necklace by Ole Lynggaard: https://www.box.com/s/rfhxxdg3pd1p7cu3nlca

ADDED: A wrist band from Marianne Dulong: https://www.box.com/s/7lo305puakkvf7dd34d0

Last edited:
Mary's wedding tiara is a bit too spikey for me, I definitely prefer Marie's lovely wedding tiara over Mary's too. I do think it looked lovely with her dress and hair in Amsterdam though.

I do agree her wedding tiara is really lovely and the earrings are a pair of my favourites also.. but the ruby one is my total favourite ... I liked her jewels at theis event much better than her outfits and usually they are not the star attraction. IMO

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Mary+Queen+Beatrix+Hosts+Dinner+Ahead+QKVVz4gyKmxx.jpg

Mary wearing her wedding tiara in Amsterdam. Its quite mediocre in comparison to other tiaras.

I agree that Mary's wedding tiara isn't the most substantial around, but it doesn't look that small and dainty in the attached photo!:)! Depends on the photographer's angle , I suppose!
Mary is probably painfully aware that she in the "low ebb end" of royal tiaras, maybe a good reason for adding the pearl base & spikes to her wedding tiara? Not that I particularly like it but at least it comes it two formats now!

I would like to know it's provenance, but according to the DRF it's probably none of our business!

viv

Last edited:
I had hoped that Mary would add the pearls to her wedding tiara to give it more substance. Anyway she looked happy and lovely in the Hallstein gown.

I agree that Mary's wedding tiara isn't the most substantial around, but it doesn't look that small and dainty in the attached photo!:)! Depends on the photographer's angle , I suppose!
Mary is probably painfully aware that she in the "low ebb end" of royal tiaras, maybe a good reason for adding the pearl base & spikes to her wedding tiara? Not that I particularly like it but at least it comes it two formats now!

I would like to know it's provenance, but according to the DRF it's probably none of our business!

viv

I'm guessing that Mary's wedding tiara, a gift from QMII and Henrik, was smaller because she was also given the ruby parure and, one day, is in line to inherit the motherload of tiaras now owned/worn by QMII. Anyway, that's a trade-off I would take! :whistling:

I am suprise Mary can't use the Tiaras from The Queen Margrethe, like Maxima when she was a princess she used tiaras that was still in use for the Queen Beatrix.

I am suprise Mary can't use the Tiaras from The Queen Margrethe, like Maxima when she was a princess she used tiaras that was still in use for the Queen Beatrix.

Every royal house has their own way of dealing with how the tiaras and jewels are shared amongst ladies of the royal families. The British and Danish tend not to share them too much, whilst the Dutch, Swedish and Spanish seem to share a mot more amongst the "core". Thats just the way it is.

I dont think that QMII has to many to share. She has the baden palmette, the agirette and the pearl dangling one. Oh and also the turqoise one she acctualy lend to her nièce. From what I understand these are personal property. The emerald one and others are crown property and therefore only worn by the one right to it and can not be taken out of Denmark. If I was her, I wouldnt share to much either. Maybe give the tourquise one to Marie, somehow I dont think it is approperiet for a ruling queen

Every royal house has their own way of dealing with how the tiaras and jewels are shared amongst ladies of the royal families. The British and Danish tend not to share them too much, whilst the Dutch, Swedish and Spanish seem to share a mot more amongst the "core". Thats just the way it is.
What a pity! they can't share more! I wonder what determinate the share or not share?

Mary wore the Midnight tiara for the first time in three years at the Swedish royal wedding:

Pic

Really wish she wore the Ruby tiara with the dress.

wow!!!!!!! 3 years that she didn't use it!!!! that's a lot! and yes I think the ruby would have work too very well

Don't like that tiara lovethe earrings and the bracelet... I think the tiara is wrong for the red gown totally...

I like this tiara and I think it looks good on her. It didn't go with the dress though. Her wedding tiara would've been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom