Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Mary will get a new piece of jewellery for her 40th birthday.Maybe not a tiara but,I am hoping! ;)

I guess this is the prevailing philosophy: we don't have magnificent jewels, but we want royal ladies to get them so we can enjoy seeing them worn!:D

so true Baroness. I am again hoping for a diamond necklace. I had hoped for the birth of the twins she would recieve something sort of important...but no luck!

so true Baroness. I am again hoping for a diamond necklace. I had hoped for the birth of the twins she would recieve something sort of important...but no luck!

Just because something has not been worn does not mean it doesn't exist. For all we know Mary may have a number of lovely set gems which have been presented on various occasions. We're just not privy to such information.

Jury's out ;)

So true Madame Royale!

Last edited:
After seeing the ruby parure being altered I wonder how many parts it has now.
There is a tiara, collier, earrings, brooch, bangle. In addition I've notice a ring and 3 pins, but are they hairpins or just pins...

I thought they were hairpins only, but anything is possible with the reworking of the parure.

Last edited:
sn.dk - Sjællands Nyheder

The Crown Princess is looking rather lovely today at the Diplomatic Corp banquet. It looks like she is wearing her wedding tiara with the pearls again. From this distant angle it looks far better than the first outing. Can't wait for a close up.

I do love this better than the first time around. Maybe because of the warmer colors worn. I so love pearls at these formal outings!

I do love this elegant yet very dainty tiara. It is neither understated nor overdone and actually and suites Princess Mary perfectly.

I do love this elegant yet very dainty tiara. It is neither understated nor overdone and actually and suites Princess Mary perfectly.

I like it too; it doesn't look like it weighs a ton either, so perhaps Mary won't end the evening with a headache.

Such a lovely tiara, I really like the pearl addition and with the earrings the whole picture is complete!

That tiara is very pretty. I love the pearls.

I like the tiara because it fills in space. Makes the tiara look more substantial and appropriate for a Crown Princess of Denmark.:);):)

After seeing the ruby parure being altered I wonder how many parts it has now.
There is a tiara, collier, earrings, brooch, bangle. In addition I've notice a ring and 3 pins, but are they hairpins or just pins...
I thought the only "alteration" was to the tiara itself, having been shortened and the remainder turned into hair pins and (possibly) a ring. Are not the earrings able to support the whole chandelier or parts theroff and therefore, still intact? As to the collier, bracelet and stomacher, I have seen no change in configuration as yet but obviously may have missed something.

It seems as if Mary is wearing a new ring today in DC. Any good photos?

I love her hair that length, and that is a delicate set but nice-sized stones.

Another pretty ring. I like the color of the diamond.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan mostly because I don't like emerald-cut stones, they don't shine like others. I agree about the size of rubies, at some views seem to be to big compared to diamond and whole ring looks not proportional. But whole concept is nice, Denmark princes like flags inspirations.

Also the choice so rubies in her engagement ring work with her stand by ruby tiara, earrings, necklace-

Its always seemed so small to me. I like a big diamond...........hehe

There is an article in Billed Bladet #11, 2012
Written by Dorte Quist.

About a number of the jewels and tiaras worn by European royals.
One of the items mentioned is the ring Mary wore on her index finger at a gala evening in Dolton House in Australia 2011.
The large ring consisted of three rubies and diamonds and it had not been seen before.
The article speculates whether this is a ring Mary has had made for the Ruby Parure, since there is (was) no ring for this set. The rubies in the ring has roughly the same size as the rubies in the wristband that is a part of the Ruby Parure.
- And Mary has told that she has made some modifications to the Ruby Parure.

Mary's engagement ring is also mentioned in the article. You probably know the details but I'll repeat them anyway:
It was made in Brazil on consists of two rubies with a diamond in the middle. The gold is from Greenland.
Mary is always seen wearing her engagement rings as well as her wedding ring, with 24 square diamonds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom