Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a stomacher and a brooch to this set? Because I think the brooch doesn't have a pearl on it and what she wore at her waist had a pearl. I agree that the earrings would have looked nicer with a natural pearl too. I love the hair ornament, with, and I think, without the tiara. Her hair was really great, showing off the jewels

Wow. Just...wow. Gorgeous jewels on Mary. I love the tiara.

Yes, that reworked style really looks good on her. I like how the tiara is tighter and more condensed rather than the open work of the previous design.

Sorry but its not clear to me: has the tiara been shortened in order to get the separate pieces or are these spare pieces that have been around all the time?

I saw your question in the jewellery thread; I have been looking for the first discussion on the reworked Danish ruby parure in the Jewels of the world board but didn't find it. Here is a link to a discussion mid-December about the parure and the changes to it - Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Photos Ruby Parure (Denmark) - first 2 times Mary wore it

I like the hair piece as well. It gives the whole set added versatility. The long earrings may e.g. be showcased better if the hair piece is somewhat smaller than the tiara.
Thanks UserDane!
My feeling is that the parure has been shortened and that the "leftovers" have been used as single pieces for the hair.
Great idea since I am a fan of such "hair jewellery" and I like the ruby parure the better the shorter and less over the top it is.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r0695F-NwuI/TwDy6ivYuyI/AAAAAAAAmMo/3XDr3VYfeA0/s1600/222222222213.jpg
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=813011&d=1246279398

I am no fan of the brooch on the belt (it looks tacky and is overall too much) and I dont get the idea to bring black pears into the picture when its about diamonds and rubies either (on the brooch and added to the earrings, very strange idea).
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OE1lMT3R37U/TwDzVdL7giI/AAAAAAAAmNw/AAk5GBkG0qM/s1600/222222222225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither do I see the point in adding pearls to the parts of the parure.
The ruby parure is so much better without them, imo. Especially the
dark Tahitian pearls look like steel to me..

Last edited:
I have just read the RJOWMB discussion about the ruby parure changes.
I am quite astonished, how much people react to these changes. When it comes to the change of the original tiara, I have to say I do not see so much positive or negative in it - however, the tiara was never my favourite, so this might influence my rather neutral view on the change. For the addition of the Tahiti pearls to the earrings and brooch - Mary seems to love pearls (like I do ;)) so I can understand that she is playing around with them. I personally would not wear the pearl earring/brooch alteration with the tiara - I am sure they look better when being worn alone.
But - hey guys - it is great to have somebody who is trying new looks and who is providing us with new material for our discussions.

Happy New Year to all my fellow posters.

Neither do I see the point in adding pearls to the parts of the parure.
The ruby parure is so much better without them, imo. Especially the
dark Tahitian pearls look like steel to me..
I could handle the creamy natural pearls . . . . if I had to. But the Tahitian pearls, so very rare and expensive, are so drear that they almost look funereal! Not a good look and they do nothing to enhance the look of the parure!

MARG said:
I could handle the creamy natural pearls . . . . if I had to. But the Tahitian pearls, so very rare and expensive, are so drear that they almost look funereal! Not a good look and they do nothing to enhance the look of the parure!

She is very beautiful though! I think that a necklace of black pearls with perhaps a ruby and diamond snap would tie the whole look together. It does seem a little disjointed currently.
Personally I think it would have been better to wear the chandelier earrings which match the tiara and no pearls at all. I don't see the point in mixing and matching everything, it often doesnt produce a cohesive look.
Queen Ingrid never saw the need to, Princess Mary is a beautiful mature woman and shouldn't need to keep finding funky new looks. Having said all of that, she does still manage to look stunning!

Im liking the shortened version if the ruby tiara, and the pieces added to the back of Mary's hair! What royal jewel versatility-

I think it would be wonderful if the hairpiece can be worn different ways. It would look great as choker on velvet and it would be a nice option to the huge necklace. It would also be a beautiful alternate brooch. Cant wait to see what Mary pulls out this next week for all her formal recetions.....Aquamarines....please!~!

....and it would be a nice option to the huge necklace.
That was my first thought as well when I saw the hair piece. The necklace is so impressive that a smalle hair ornament than the tiara might really make the necklace stand out.

I think it would be wonderful if the hairpiece can be worn different ways. It would look great as choker on velvet and it would be a nice option to the huge necklace. It would also be a beautiful alternate brooch. Cant wait to see what Mary pulls out this next week for all her formal recetions.....Aquamarines....please!~!
To me it looks like it is not but three hairpeaces the hairspins from the LÖeuchtenberg sapphire Parure. But yesterday they where placed next to eachother. I think it would look even better if she would place it in the back of her hairdoo like Queen Silvia does it. Yesterday it looked a bit strange as they where only on side.

That was my first thought as well when I saw the hair piece. The necklace is so impressive that a smalle hair ornament than the tiara might really make the necklace stand out.
Wonder why she doesn't wear necklace in different ways. It looks lice it would be easy to remove either all or some of the hanging ruby pendants so she could wear it in different ways like for example with no pendants or only a few of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder why she doesn't wear necklace in different ways. It looks like it would be easy to remove either all or some of the hanging ruby pendants so she could wear it in different ways like for example with no pendants or only a few of them.

I'm hoping we get to see this happen during the Jubilee celebrations. I also think the black pearls don't look right with the parure - the white pearls were better. And I hope the extra tiara pieces have alot of versatilty to them (ie not just hair ornaments).

Last edited:
I'm hoping we get to see this happen during the Jubilee celebrations. I also think the balck pearls don't look right with the parure - the white pearls were better. And I hope the extra tiara pieces have alot of versatilty to them (ie not just hair ornaments).

Somehow i find the pearkls not neccessary as there are no pearls in the tiara and other parts of the parure. I thinks she should find a middle version for the Earrings. In the original Version they are very big and the new Version without pearl is too small.

I agree that the earrings would have been better without the Tahitian pearl drops; the same goes for the brooch. If she was going to wear pearls, white ones would have been more suitable and less stark. But in any case, pearls don't match the jewels in the parure so would have been better not added. And as stunning as the chandelier earrings are, they would have been too OTT with the ornate order around her neck. So Mary probably wanted to wear the stud portion of the earrings with the pearl drops to minimize the look. A smaller ruby drop would have looked better, IMO.

Last edited:
Somehow i find the pearls not necessary as there are no pearls in the tiara and other parts of the parure. I thinks she should find a middle version for the Earrings. In the original Version they are very big and the new Version without pearl is too small.
When wearing the Desiree Tiara I think her original earrings look terrific but if she wished I am sure she could pare them down a little.

The little studs are far to small to small to wear on their own and, I have it admit, that whilst they don't look like a train wreck with cream pearls, no pearls would look far superior. Perhaps adding a dangling ruby (a la Diana's sapphires) would be an option.

The pearl additions could be kept to wear on those occasions when tiara's are not required.

I like the Tahitian pearls. They are exotic and distinctive.

I do love pearls and adore seeing the gorgeous ones worn by the royal ladies, but certainly with the right mixture of jewels to achieve the proper effect and display. Mary is innovative with her use of jewelry, but I didn't care for the pearls in this case. Small ruby drops attached to the studs would have looked better, IMO.

Last edited:
The earrings are ruined by adding the grayish pearls which don't look nice at all with the set. It would've been lovely if there was a diamond or a ruby drop instead.

The earrings are ruined by adding the grayish pearls which don't look nice at all with the set. It would've been lovely if there was a diamond or a ruby drop instead.

i have to agree,

does she not have agrey pearl necklace worn at her engagement dinner has she ever worn this necklace again

is there any good webbsites were one could see marys collection of jelwlery?

I'm joining those of the opinion that the grey pearls were out of place, seemed off to me too!

I am going against the general opinion...I loved the combination. She looked fantastic to me and I love how Crown Princess Mary is being very creative with the ruby parure. Instead of seeing the same old...same old...she is surprising us with something new. There would not have been this much discussion if she wore the same original parure.

I am going against the general opinion...I loved the combination. She looked fantastic to me and I love how Crown Princess Mary is being very creative with the ruby parure. Instead of seeing the same old...same old...she is surprising us with something new. There would not have been this much discussion if she wore the same original parure.
well said Terri Terri!:flowers:

I like the way Mary has changed her tiara and I like the way she's made it more versatile with more combinations from the pieces.

When wearing the Desiree Tiara I think her original earrings look terrific but if she wished I am sure she could pare them down a little.

The little studs are far to small to small to wear on their own and, I have it admit, that whilst they don't look like a train wreck with cream pearls, no pearls would look far superior. Perhaps adding a dangling ruby (a la Diana's sapphires) would be an option.

The pearl additions could be kept to wear on those occasions when tiara's are not required.

One ruby dangle instead of the whole chandelier? I like it!

Yes its new but IMO she changed it to the worse, the original is far more nicer. As for the earrings after looking at the original again, she could've left the ruby and diamond small piece dangling and removing the bigger pieces. Perals are lovely but not with this set, adding the pearls just makes it messy. Pearls and diamonds left alone work very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom