Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a closeup of the pearl pin Mary wore on her white outfit?

Does anyone have a closeup of the pearl pin Mary wore on her white outfit?
I think we do in the threads but you have to go back (I'm not sure where) I believe this was a gift and this was the first time we have seen her wear it. Don't worry its fun to relook at Marys different looks!!!!;)

Does anyone know the stone of the earring small drop which Mary wore on day 1 of the Australian tour see here
It's such a pretty earring.

They're from Ole Lynggaard's "winter frost" collection. On his site are two versions: milky quartz and onyx. But no signs of light pink stone.
Winter Frost

But have a look at this different pair, stone is similar and this is rose quartz, so maybe Mary's earrings have the same gem in.
Ole Lynggaard - Jeweller Magazine

Hope it helped.

Does anyone know the stone of the earring small drop which Mary wore on day 1 of the Australian tour see here
It's such a pretty earring.

She wore these earrings for the first time last April 28, 2010 during the Russian State Visit in Denmark. Princess Mary accompanied the First Lady on a tour of Rosenborg Castle. The briolette stone is clear quartz from Ole Lynggaard's site last year.

-------

Actually, you can still see the earrings on his website as a photo without description of the stone: http://www.olelynggaard.com/fileadmin/Arkiv/Smykker/winter-frost/gallery/slide4.jpg

Last the description of the stone was included.

Last edited:
A story from Billed Bladet: Billed-Bladet - Mary og Marie bærer ens eksklusiv halskæde

Mary as well as our Marie have worn the Georg Jensen necklace, Regitze.

So I wonder if the necklace is at disposal for the DRF, especially when promoting Danish design abroad.
In whicg case we may expect to see the Georg Jensen watch on la belle Marie's arm as well, at some point in the future?

May be they got one each? it cost $22.600 so i guess probably is like you said at the disposal of the DRF, beautiful peace! I think to promote the company they probably have a lot of pieces at their disposal!

I think they are loaned a lot by the different jewelers. Mary wears many pieces for awhile and then never again. I remember that Mary had a beautiful "floating pearl" necklace the first year of her marriage. It's really never been seen again. Maybe she has it. But I think many pieces are loans. Which would make it a great situation for all involved.

The earrings are perhaps made of rock-crystal.

I think they are loaned a lot by the different jewelers. Mary wears many pieces for awhile and then never again. I remember that Mary had a beautiful "floating pearl" necklace the first year of her marriage. It's really never been seen again. Maybe she has it. But I think many pieces are loans. Which would make it a great situation for all involved.
I agree 100% it is a great tituaton to be able to use this marvelous pieces and not to pay for them, who cares is a loan and you just have for a short time nobody can take away from you the pleasure to use it!
I was reading a little about the rubi tiara and I can imagine what wass the feeling of mary when she try it the first time know ing that it is a 200 year old piece and it was in the head of so many important women of history!

That is such a gorgeous and feminine piece of jewelry. Mary looks fabulous in it. It makes her look very regal, yet delicate too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really love the story behind the ruby tiara and I prefer the redesign that Mary had done to it. I like that the leaves are more clustered together with less space, and the versatility of the parure means more usage of the various pieces. And, of course, she looks phenomenal in this tiara.

Mary has done an outstanding job (and looks the best in my opinion) with the Ruby Tiara!

Amazing tiara :D she looks really nice :flowers:

Yes! I finally have a good picture of this piece. I'd like to figure out how I can knit one up.

Here's hoping Mary will wear the ruby tiara in January and February when there will be some festive occasions. And I also like the addition of pearls to the wedding tiara's base; gives it more substance.

This is surprising to me too, I thought there were many more events that Crown Princess Mary would have worn a tiara. Guess though to be fair, the twins birth removed her from engagements for a while this year.

It's gorgeous! I love the hair ornament she had made of the spare pieces of the tiara. The setting of the brooch on the belt is also nice, fresh and a bit unconventional. And I think she has attached different pearls to the earings, looks like black Tahitians pearls to me. Mmmh, guess I prefered the lighter pearls, but it's so great to see Mary's creativeness. Very promising!

Oh its nice to see something different. Love the dress, but changing up the jewels gives it a newness to me. I agree, looks like she has taken her tahitian pearls and attached them to earrings and brooch. Hair jewelry is my favorite. This looks incredible with the hairstyle, I wasn't aware when she changed her tiara that there were extra pieces........hmm very interesting. I would love to see a smaller necklace made.

She talked about the spare pieces of her tiara in the interview for the recent jewel documentary. IIRC, Mary mentioned that she was thinking about what she will use them for. So here is the result:)! I hope to see it very often. The small hair jewel might also be something nice for black tie events where no tiaras would be worn.

It's gorgeous! I love the hair ornament she had made of the spare pieces of the tiara...
Agree, and check out the pictures to see what she has done with the stomacher that is worn at the waist! Very creative, bravo!:flowers:

I have been gone for the holidays, did I miss the documentary, any idea where I can watch?

She looks fantastic. I also do love what she has done with the remaining pieces of the tiara. However, I think it looks too much with the hole outfit and combination with the tiara. I hope to see that piece in the future as the only hair ornament. I am very convinced that it will look super on her.

I have been gone for the holidays, did I miss the documentary, any idea where I can watch?
Here, it's worth your time! There's a second part which deals with Russian juwellery, but part one is the one with Mary talking about her rubies.
DR NU

Thank you for the pictures, IloveCP. Superb use of the remodified tiara and pieces, and Mary's hair looks absolutely stunning with the ruby ornament. I can't see enough of that ruby set, so I don't think it overdone at all with the tiara and hair piece. She just carries her jewels so well. I like how she adds different jewels to the ruby earrings, although I also would have preferred to see white pearls instead of the black Tahitian ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom