Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayvee, any photos or info on Mary's bracelets. They seem to be new?

Not new. The stones are very light pink in color... http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09010522.jpg
Thank you SO much for the info and the images. They looked a little yellow in some of the images to me. The gown looks light pink in some of the older images, but not yesterday's. I could see now that the earrings and gown are a very faint pink/gray. They are wonderful earrings.

Can you tell me about the stone in the pendant? Is it a diamond or a topaz?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ayvee, any photos or info on Mary's bracelets. They seem to be new?

Bracelet worn June 18, 2011 Princess Nathalie's wedding

jun182011bracelets.jpg

Photo heavily cropped.

The pave bracelet she has worn before on numerous occasions. Here it is being worn in Iceland:
Agencja Fotograficzna BE&W - szczegó

The one with round diamond stones is new.

Can you tell me about the stone in the pendant? Is it a diamond or a topaz?

I truly have no clue what kind of stone it is. All I know is they are light pink in color.

The very first time she wore this pendant was April 1, 2005 at the Hans Christian Andersen Gala:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2006/PPE MARY 1.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe Fredrick did come through with a nice gift of a diamond bracelet....!!! I am sticking to my original opinion that the stone in the earrings and pendant is morganite!!!hehe (thanks for the pic)

Close-up of earrings and pendant worn at Princess Nathalie's wedding, June 18, 2011

pinkovaljun182011.jpg
pinkpendantjun182011.jpg

She wore similar set at pre-wedding concert in Stockholm last June or is it the same jewelery?

Those are so pretty! Very delicate and elegant. What stones are the pink ones? Pink shappires, maybe? I love the pendant, especially! Love the fact Mary has chosen a delicate chain to go with the pendant, perfect choice!

Does the CP do dishes at her new home? Her hands are awfully rough for a priveliged lifestyle

Does anyone knows what will happen to Her Highness Princess Elisabeth and Countess Sussie's tiaras when they die? Foregive me for asking (I hope they will live many years yet) I am just wondering since none of them have any children.

No one knows?
First a picture of tiara of Her Higness Princess Elisabeth:

elis.jpg

And the tiara of Countess Sussie:
suss.jpg

Does anyone knows what will happen to Her Highness Princess Elisabeth and Countess Sussie's tiaras when they die? Foregive me for asking (I hope they will live many years yet) I am just wondering since none of them have any children.

That's a good question:flowers:! Since it's private property they can do what they want! I'd imagine that Princess Elisabeth would bequeath her jewellery to her three nieces. There's just one snag: Considering the few invitations they've had to royal events so far they wont have much use for tiaras in the future! However they could choose to sell.....

As for the jewellery of countess Sussie: I don't know what to think, to be honest!
If Ingolf decide to let bygones be bygones he could graciously bequeath the jewellery to the main line of the family. However I don't blame him if he doesn't!

Viv

Those are so pretty! Very delicate and elegant. What stones are the pink ones? Pink shappires, maybe? I love the pendant, especially! Love the fact Mary has chosen a delicate chain to go with the pendant, perfect choice!

Could be pink sapphires, but AFAIK they're very expensive in this size! Another possibility is Kunzite, a beautiful pinkish but brittle stone, which works nicely for pendants and ear rings, but not for rings.

viv

we could see that in monaco last night that the pearl addition is gone on her weddingtiara

It's nice to see that the pearls were not permanantly fixed to the tiara! So it's still a flexible piece. I'd like to see the pearl version with her pearl and aquamarine choker one day!

To be honest, I can't unerstand why people would have thought the alterations were permanent in the first place?

It makes no sense that Mary would have sought to have altered the design of her bridal tiara in a way that could not be reversed.

I highly doubt Mary will ever alter an item of jewellery if the process is unable to be corrected. HRH seems to respect the integrity of the jewellery she wears :)

Last edited:
:previous:I didn't really believe that the tiara was changed permanantly. But we couldn't be sure of it until we saw the old version again, could we?
CP Mary did change her ruby tiara permanently. Of course a jeweller could change it back to the original state, but it needs more than unscrewing a couple of elements.

:previous: If such changes can be reversed, then it is not a permanent alteration. No matter the unscrewing and re-attaching required, nor the length of time the modification remains. Only if the elements are fixed into position, thus serving only one purpose, can it then be considered permanent.

Last edited:
:previous:But if the the elements are fixed permanently and thus "thus serving only one purpose", a jewellery could still take it apart and fix them in another way. Thus the orignal state could be requeated. The skills and techniques of a jeweller make it possible to change and change back all pieces of jewellery. But this would require brazing and a lot of work.
The difference in flexible jewellery is that they come with screw, fixings, hinges or whatever so that they easily and quickly can be changed.
I hope I explained myself better this time.:flowers:

I understood you fine..haha.

I collect antique jewellery myself and infact, my sister in-law is a jeweller. I understand what you're saying and yes, a jeweller can change whatever piece of jewellery they wish as long as they have the means and techniques to do so, but, a piece of jewellery that is altered back and forth cannot be considered a permanent alteration.

If a fixed element on a solid setting is removed or modified, that then becomes invasive to the initial composition resulting in the structure's physical change. Any change made possible post that initital moficiation then makes that change permanent to the orginal setting and versitile to any future changes that take place.

As the ruby parure didn't actually consist of a tiara in the beginning, it can't actually be considered a permanent change because the tiara has been fashioned and altered with each new generation to suit their particular needs. It is versitile and has been since it's creation.

In any case, the wedding tiara is a lovely and delicate tiara and looks best in it's orginal form. I didn't mind it with the pearls, as temporary change can be good, but it's orginal setting really is something special.

Anyway, I don't wish to hijack a thread on the technicality of it. Thanks for your responses, Tilla :)

Last edited:
OK, understood. But in this respect I still believe that there is a difference between the ruby tiara and the wedding tiara.
I believe that the changes on the ruby tiara are fixed in solid setting, and that Mary intends only to wear this version from now on.
The wedding tiara is meant to be changed back and forth, which is the way I prefer. I fully agree that it looks best in it's original form, whereas the pearl version is a good idea when worn with pearl jewellery. What I originally wanted to say is just that I'm glad that Mary obviously wants to be able to wear both versions.

Something has been lost in translation because I agree with you...lol. There is a difference between the ruby and wedding tiara's.
The wedding tiara is meant to be changed back and forth, which is the way I prefer. I fully agree that it looks best in it's original form, whereas the pearl version is a good idea when worn with pearl jewellery. What I originally wanted to say is just that I'm glad that Mary obviously wants to be able to wear both versions.

Wholeheartedly agree :)

Something has been lost in translation because I agree with you...lol. There is a difference between the ruby and wedding tiara's.

Wholeheartedly agree :)
lost in translation ...hehehe, that's sometimes the problem of non-native speakers like me! Thank you for your patience!:flowers:
Btw, I sometime wish that the ruby tiara could still be worn in different versions. The small version which Queen Alexandrine and the younger Queen Ingrid wore, might be nice for smaller occasions. I can imagine it well with the dress Mary wore yesterday. The dress was somehow bagging for rubies, imo.

I think it's more to do with non verbal communication. Your english appears great to me :)

Apparently since having the parure tiara modified, Mary has expressed an interest in having the extracted leaves and berries fashioned into a brooch of some sort which would then lend itself to the original design, before the tiara had been constructed.

Although completely reversable, I imagine that the parure tiara's current setting is to remain this way for the rest of Mary's life as the purpose of it's most recent modification was to resize it according to Mary's head shape. In other words, it wasn't fitted.

Thank you, but I'm sure that my english sometimes has unintended undertones.
I agree that Mary intends to wear the ruby tiara in this way for the rest of her life. It's just a vain wish of mine that she might wear different versions. I just love variety!

I too am glad the wedding tiara can be worn both ways. Good for Mary for taking what she has and making the most of it. Almost all the Dutch jewels can be worn different ways which must be soooo fun.

Anyone have a good photo of Marys bracelet worn to wedding? Is it pearls or diamonds? I only didn't like her black jewelry worn with the coral dress, I would have preferred she either wear diamonds or gold with diamonds, but she forgot to call me.lol!

In this pic posted originally by Mulher,Mary's wedding tiara seems different from it's original version:ermm:
Mary gik til bal med belgisk prins - Royale - BT.dk

May be I am wrong,but I think there are big amethysts on the tiara.This is plausible since she is wearing amethyst bracelet and brooch (sorry for my bad english)
I hope we can have a bigger pic

Tilia C
Thanks for your post. I had no idea that the Ruby Tiara could be worn in different versions. Do you have a photo of Queen Alexandrine or Queen Ingrid wearing the Ruby Tiara in a small version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom