Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My main problem with the additions is the solid pearl band, because as many mentioned this is a delicate design and that is part of its beauty. I believe that fewer pearls with a nice space between them would have been better, and my ideal would have been something similar to the base of the tiara Marie uses, distinct from the "main" piece with diamonds and pearls alternating upon a wire. I wish I could handle Photoshop ;) !

Your right dazzling, she does have the ruby tiara which is quite something. I would have preferred a diamond base, but I do realize that pearls are much more affordable and the do look stunning with her wedding earrings!:D
Good idea about the diamond base. Maybe they can find a diamond necklace to go with it? The more different versions, the better!
True, I think the wedding tiara is too mingy and the ruby tiara (especially with full jewellery gear) can be quite over the top. It would be nice to see Mary with something fitting right inbetween the extremes.

I am glad there was no ruby tiara tonight, it would have been over the top.
Right, just imagine Mary with the ruby tiara, while the Queen wears the small turqoise bandeau:eek:. Absolutely impossible!

The midnight tiara has a good size. Just between the big rubies and the small wedding tiara. But it is only a loan from the jeweller and so far seems to be reserved to family events.

I agree and you can easily see that the pearls were added at a later stage, it somehow doesnt blend in with the original design.

Mary needs a more prestiguos tiara than this one, it actually looks pretty cheap in comparison.
DOM you took the words right out of my mouth. Cheap would be a good description. Especially compared to Marie's tiara at the same event.

Personally I don't really like the altered tiara. Imo the pearls look out of place. I would have added some larger pearls at the larger spikes and some smaller pearls at the smaller spikes... the pearl bandeau under the tiara's base isn't really convincing me.... :ermm: Personally I prefer the smaller version of Mary's wedding tiara.. But I agree with others: the tiara itself isn't really impressive.
I prefer the Ruby tiara and even the Midnight tiara.

I have always loved the delicate nature of this tiara and am undecided on this change. I will have to see it again to form a final opinion. Hopefully the tiara is allowed to be expanded and sit wider on the head. The idea behind the change makes a lot of sense but the execution is lacking somewhat. It looks like something was added, rather than being a cohesive tiara. But maybe it just takes getting used too.

I can understand the rationale for the additions to the tiara, but I suspect it might look a bit better if worn with a different hairstyle. I personally did not like the way the tiara is now sitting on her hair.

I liked the new version of her wedding tiara. It looked lovely with the pearl earrings.

I don't like pearl base, doesn't suit this tiara IMO. But adding something on the top is a good idea, it makes this piece fuller. I hope that the alternation is not permanent and we will see original design in the future. I like this tiara convertible into a necklace.

I like the pearl base; they give it a Rennaisance feel to the tiara.

I don't like pearl base, doesn't suit this tiara IMO. But adding something on the top is a good idea, it makes this piece fuller. I hope that the alternation is not permanent and we will see original design in the future. I like this tiara convertible into a necklace.

i have to agree with you

i felt that the pearls looked out of place

but iam glad that she trys to find ways to re-sett or use the tiara in other ways, i think we will see old and the new setting in the future

Last edited:
HMMMM...I was just thinking, now she is a little more limited than having the all diamond version which any other jewels would go with. The pearls change that a little IMO, wearing her amethyst earrings (for example) might not look right with this. Just a thought.....I'm still holding out for something else new.

HMMMM...I was just thinking, now she is a little more limited than having the all diamond version which any other jewels would go with. The pearls change that a little IMO, wearing her amethyst earrings (for example) might not look right with this. Just a thought.....I'm still holding out for something else new.
On the other hand it will be great with her aquamarine and pearl choker. But I still hope that she can still wear the old version.

I like this new version better than the older one. The older one was difficult to see. I do think it would look better if her hair was coming up to cover the sides. That way it would give the impression that the tiara goes around further than it really does.

I think the tiara looks better, because it was pretty sparse before, it still is now but it's an improvement!

Thanks for the link! Tamara's post may be proof that the tiara retains its original form and can still be converted into a necklace.
When Mary is wearing pearls, she can add the pearls to her tiara as she did. When she's wearing diamonds, then she can use the tiara in its original form. I will love the tiara to get a diamond base! Now that would be an improvement!!!!:flowers:

On the other hand it will be great with her aquamarine and pearl choker. But I still hope that she can still wear the old version.
Very true, that choker doesn't get out much.;)

I definitely thought of Princess Micheal's tiara when I saw Mary with this altered version, but while P.Micheal's looks like a coherent and splendid tiara, Mary's still looks mismatched. But I am hoping with time and adjustments she will find the right balance with it.

It looks good. I too thought of the tiara which is often worn by Princess Michael.

I don't think too many alterarions should be made, infact, I think this is plenty. It is her wedding tiara afterall and one should hope it would retain the integrity of the original composition.

The problem with having the pearls along the base means that it will have a tendency to look off balance. That however can be managed as long as the hair is styled in a way that supports the frame. By that I mean that the hair should not be worn flat but should build up around the base and cover the ends of the frame (and some pearls).

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/2716914360105578647S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
Her hair looked odd and the tiara looked crooked IMO not her best look here. Just something not quite right and there is no room for error with these CP's IMO, they have everyone and everything at their beck and call and so frankly nothing should be able to be questioned.

:previous: Seems a bit harsh.

It's not ideal that a tiara should appear crooked, but it's hardly something any of them would anticipate to happen.

Tiara bases are fitted with elasticised material that wrap around the back of the head to ensure they remain well positioned. Sometimes, it can slip.

Now that Mary's tiara has a pearl strand along the base that is quite visible, it means that any slight slip of the tiara (or if her hair is parted unevenly) will be noticed unless the pearls are covered by hair. Any tiara that has pearls along it's base is always worn best with coiffed hair.

I'm glad the pearls were added. In contrast to the tiara Princess Marie uses, CP Mary's wedding tiara has always seemed, although delicate, quite uninspiring. Now, not so much.

Last edited:
Just something not quite right and there is no room for error with these CP's IMO, they have everyone and everything at their beck and call and so frankly nothing should be able to be questioned.

Basically you are saying that the humans who do the hair and make up are not allowed to be human, but have to act like robots? What should the CPss do in your opinion? Fire the employees as soon as they make a mistake?

IMO and this is only IMO there is or should be no room for this kind of error. What you still thinlk these CP's are like everyday run out and do the shopping and bad hair day and I don't have time for thsi before I go to work ....types ...no IMO they are not. Much time is spent planning everything they wear how it is to done and so on so ther is no place for what was seen on Mary. You can draw your own conclusions though.

Last edited:
I never understood why Mary and Marie are not allowed to wear or to loan any of the Queen's fantastic tiara collections for events. Is there any particular reason for this? I mean Maxima and the Swedish royal ladies wear tons of different tiara's from the royal collection. Why not the Danish princesses? Does anyone know?

I never understood why Mary and Marie are not allowed to wear or to loan any of the Queen's fantastic tiara collections for events. Is there any particular reason for this? I mean Maxima and the Swedish royal ladies wear tons of different tiara's from the royal collection. Why not the Danish princesses? Does anyone know?

Some jewels are for the use of the monarch only.

Some jewels are for the use of the monarch only.
But in Denmark that only goes for the crown jewels, and there is only one tiara amoung them: the tiara from the emerald parure. The rest of her tiaras are privately owned by the Queen. Queen Ingrid did loan tiaras to her daughters, but Queen Margrethe does not. It seems to be her personal decision that jewels should not be shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom