Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But in Denmark that only goes for the crown jewels, and there is only one tiara amoung them: the tiara from the emerald parure. The rest of her tiaras are privately owned by the Queen. Queen Ingrid did loan tiaras to her daughters, but Queen Margrethe does not. It seems to be her personal decision that jewels should not be shared.

There are also other historic Jewels like the Orange-Nassau diamond and pearl tiara and it's matching necklace which was put in a Fideikomiss by Queen Lovisa and are for the use of the Queen. Therefore Queen Ingrid stopped to use this Jewels after her husband dies and Margrethe became the Queen.
I think it has to do with the tradition that in the Family. Queen Ingrid loaned the tiaras to her daughters which they later inherited except for the Khedive tiara which she used herself. In Sweden most of the tiaras who are shared are not privat owned but belong to the Bernadotte Family foundations and in the Netherlands all historic Jewels are owned by the Family foundation.

I never understood why Mary and Marie are not allowed to wear or to loan any of the Queen's fantastic tiara collections for events. Is there any particular reason for this? I mean Maxima and the Swedish royal ladies wear tons of different tiara's from the royal collection. Why not the Danish princesses? Does anyone know?

I actually like the way the Danish and British queens keep most of the jewels for themselves and lend only specific pieces to other royal ladies. In my mind, it helps keep the jewels used by the Queen special.

Even though the Dutch do all share the Large bank of jewels. There are several tiaras that only the Queen uses and some suites that haven't been used in years so there is some specialness there as well IMO. But I would love to see Mary in some of the other jewels, maybe not tiaras but some of the necklaces or brooches....oh well....

But in Denmark that only goes for the crown jewels, and there is only one tiara amoung them: the tiara from the emerald parure. The rest of her tiaras are privately owned by the Queen. Queen Ingrid did loan tiaras to her daughters, but Queen Margrethe does not. It seems to be her personal decision that jewels should not be shared.

Margrethe doesnt have any daughters, only DILs who might not be around forever :whistling: but at least on pictures they would remain associated with crown jewellery as divorcees: I think its a matter of QM being careful and having learned from the past.

I know a lot of people mixed opinions about Mary's alterations to her wedding tiara, so I did a little photoshopping... check out the photoshopping royal jewels thread!

I just saw the gala dinner of the State Visit from South Korea on DR1. And what a surprise! Mary has changed her wedding tiara, pearls were added to the smaller tiara spikes and a band of pearls was added to the base!!!!
Here's a screen shot: http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/44993/2716914360105578647S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't think the pearl base matches the rest of the tiara. A diamond base version would be a good choice.
I like, however, the pearls added on top.

I really, really dislike the embellishments to Mary's wedding tiara. IMO, it looks like she's gone nuts with the glue gun and some pearls she picked up at the craft store. I happen to like pearls, but they don't enhance this tiara. Outlining the base the way they do is an absolute mistake. The tiara looked crooked, and the base will only make it more apparent when it isn't perfectly straight. I hope they'll undo it and return it to its former glory. It was never my favorite tiara in the first place, but I absolutely hate it now.

It’s exciting to see Mary playing with her jewellery. The added pearls give the tiara a fuller look, but on the other hand one can see that they were not part of the original design. They somehow don’t fit in completely. Especially the pearl band around the base has a somewhat harsh look. Or is it just the fact that I’m so much used to the orignal version? Maybe I’ll need more time to adjust my eyes.
I hope that the tiara is still versatile. It would be lovely to see it in different versions, without pearls, with some pearls, with many pearls, as a necklace… I will make tiara watching more exciting!

I totally agree with you here. The idea of adding pearls is great - but the plain line of pearls at the base does somehow not fit. It would have been potentially better with alternate pearls and diamonds???? any other ideas?

I think if the pearls at the base were a size smaller it would look a wee bit more elegant.

Margrethe doesnt have any daughters, only DILs who might not be around forever :whistling: but at least on pictures they would remain associated with crown jewellery as divorcees: I think its a matter of QM being careful and having learned from the past.

What should she have learned from the past? Alexandra never wore any of the crown jewels, either.

What should she have learned from the past? Alexandra never wore any of the crown jewels, either.

Alexandra wasnt the CP, why should she have worn them? Mary is supposed to be Queen one day but from QM's perspective, anything can happen. Maybe thats why she is keeping her jewels close until they are going to be inherited by her son.

QM never lent any of the jewels to either Alexandra, Mary or Marie. Also apart from the crown jewels. But she gave them family jewels as presents, e.g. the brooche Mary wore for Christians christening.

I totally agree with you here. The idea of adding pearls is great - but the plain line of pearls at the base does somehow not fit. It would have been potentially better with alternate pearls and diamonds???? any other ideas?

i prefer the original version, it looks more delicate that way. but, if i have to choose an addition for the tiara, it would be with no-pearl base, only the other pearls, or a mixed and smaller pearls and diamonds base.

the hairdo didn't worked with the tiara, that hairdo made the tiara look weird.

QM never lent any of the jewels to either Alexandra, Mary or Marie. Also apart from the crown jewels. But she gave them family jewels as presents, e.g. the brooche Mary wore for Christians christening.

that's the reason mary only wears the tiara she wore on her wedding, and the ruby prarure?

i have this doubt, is it true that mary has a tiara made for her?

Maybe thats why she is keeping her jewels close until they are going to be inherited by her son.
Or maybe she doesn't see a reason for the Princesses of the RF to have more jewellery in their possesion. When she was in Mary's position(please correct me if I am wrong) she had her own 18th birthday gift tiara, the Russian sapphires, some pearls and she used to borrow the Baden tiara from her mother . So perhaps she is thinking that Mary with her wedding tiara her pearls , the aquamarines and the exclusive access to the Ruby parure should have enough to work with , just like she did when still a Princess.

that's the reason mary only wears the tiara she wore on her wedding, and the ruby prarure?

i have this doubt, is it true that mary has a tiara made for her?

Mary doesn't have a tiara that was made for her. She is allowed to borrow the Midnight Tiara that was a designed by Charlotte Lynggaard for Ole Lynggaard :)

The Midnight Tiara

Belga has a good close-up of the diamond earrings which Mary wore at the concert for Maxima's 40th birthday:
Picture details

Thanks.
Beautiful earrings.

Are they new, or has Mary worn them before?

They are certainly beautiful and they make her look quite ethereal. I don't remember ever seeing them before. Perhaps they were a birthday present.

Mary has had these for about 2 years and has worn them often. I love them also, but I wish she would have had more jewels on. A brooch or necklace something to add to her look. I guess her hubby didn't listen to me and buy her a diamond necklace for her push gift.........!!!

She has worn those earring a great deal since her marriage I really love them and thought they looked lovely with the pink marshmallow dress and would love to own them.

Mary seems to be wearing a new delicate necklace (necklaces) its very Marianne Dulongish and that seems to be what Mary prefers.

Are those citrine earrings? Are the pieces new?

Not new. The stones are very light pink in color. It could either be kunzite, morganite, rose quartz or very light pink amethyst. We can only speculate on what kind of stone it is.

The necklace/pendant appeared at a wedding and she wore the same gown too in 2006: http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2006/06061061.jpg

The earrings are from Cenius and Bach and have interchangeable drops: oval amethyst, oval light peach color and light pink emerald-cut ones.

The light pink emerald-cut ones:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/May2008/08050526.jpg

The oval light peach or champagne color:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/May2007/07052604.jpghttp://ppe-agency.com/500px/May2009/PPE09051961.jpg

The oval amethyst drops:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09010522.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much. I recognized the first one but did not make the connection to the rest. Great eye!

Last edited by a moderator:
The stones might be pink topaz also? Very pretty set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom