The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Karen View Post
I just love this tiara. It is named appropriate. It reminds me of the tiara that would be in Shakespeare's play a Midsummer Night's Dream. I wish I could afford some jewelry from this Danish Jewelry design house. The tiara is to kill for. I am glad Princess Mary wears this contemporary jewelry and can pull it off because of her style.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness

I too am quite a fan of this tiara. Imo it is one of the best contemporary tiaras I have seen, being both very modern and wearable. For the jewelry house it must be excellent publicty that Mary is borrowing it from time to time. They actually have a design range called MIDNIGHT on their website. No prices mentioned, unfortunately. But that gorgeous necklace would be too expansive for me anyway. So maybe it's lucky that I don't know the price.
Midnight

Old 05-09-2010, 03:51 AM
Royal Highness

I agree, the Midnight tiara is simply stunning. There has been so much criticism of queen Margrethe's poppies and queen Sonja's modern tiara, so it's nice to see a modern piece that actually works Much as I love the older gorgeous tiaras in the different royal houses, I find it great that there are also contemporary designs in the royal vaults.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Userdane: do you have a photo for the Qmargrethe 's poppies and Q Sonjia modern tiara? I really too love this Midnight tiaa, I think it is stunning I would like to have it too! it is niche too with the muthcing brooche! and Mary is very lucky to use it, she looks gorgeos with it!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The Midnight Tiara looks fresh and contemporary but elegant and regal at the same time. When Princess Isabella grows up, it will be ideal for her!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Courtier

I am absolutly not a fan of the midnight tiara.
I actually prefer the two Mary owns but I think she needs another big one.
Her ruby tiara is one of my favourite tiara but it restricts her choice of color for gala dresses.
Her wedding tiara is beautiful but it's not big enough for some events.It's actually strange to see Marie or other minor royal princesses wearing bigger tiara than the crown princess.
I will love to see her in a big diamond tiara.I think,she deserves it
Old 05-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Userdane: do you have a photo for the Qmargrethe 's poppies and Q Sonjia modern tiara? I really too love this Midnight tiaa, I think it is stunning I would like to have it too! it is niche too with the muthcing brooche! and Mary is very lucky to use it, she looks gorgeos with it!
Try this link here at TRF Worst Royal Jewels 2 Ashelen. It's a long and very entertaining thread about the jewellery, tiaras especially, which the various members consider monstrocities in some degree
Old 05-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

I agree that it would be nice to see more tiaras for Mary (and Marie) - though I really really like the midnight tiara and the idea of a tiara representation of our time.
At the royal jewel message board, Royal Jewels of the World Message Board, some members have been discussing whether for instance princess Elisabeth may bequeath some of her tiaras back to the main royal line, since the princess has no issue. Also, there is a discussion of the tiaras held by the Greek family, notably the Khedive tiara - whether it may one day return to the DRF. I still cannot understand why the late queen Ingrid let this special tiara leave the DRF.
I would love to see a sort of 'common pool' of jewellery which both Mary and Marie could use.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

I think it hasn't been posted here that the gorgeous tiara from the ruby parure has been changed lately. CP Mary wore the new version for the first time at the theatre gale for Queen Margrethe. Leafs from the top and from the sides have been taken off and been used to fill up gaps in the in the tiara. (Kudos to Tamara who posted it on the RJB Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Danish Rubies )
Actually I prefer the look of the older version. Now it looks to dense for my taste, and it became more difficult to make out the shapes of the single leafs. Also I miss the leaf on the top which gave it a unique outline.

UserDane, I also love the idea for a common jewellery pool. Maybe a mixture would be good: signature pieces for each royal lady which they may wear exclusively, plus a pool of pieces that would be shared between the them. Eg. it wouldn't hurt the Queen if she shared the turquoise bandeau and the maybe the Baden palmette tiara with her daughters in law. Also they should try to make a deal with Countess Alexandra to acquire back the drop diamond tiara, maybe granting her that Felix' and Nicolai will be allowed to borrow it for their future wives. Hehehe, I've got it all planned out for them. Only they don't ask my opinion.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I hadn't noticed the change. I do like the new one, but the old design was beautiful.
I notice pearls have been added to the earings.
I wish Margrethe would share.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

The pearls on the earrings are a brilliant idea, imo! Certainly more comfortable to wear than the big version, whereas the small version was way too small for may taste.
Can you imagine Mary with part of the Queens floral aigrette in her hair? Well, I can!! Must look lovely on her dark hair. Maybe she should start with only one of the three parts, leaving the grand version to the Queen. And necklaces! She needs to wear more necklaces!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Great ideas and suggestions, Tilia C. and UserDane!!!! I hadn't noticed the changes either. The new version of Mary's ruby tiara is equally beautiful IMO.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very interesting on the changes of the ruby tiara! I really loved how she wore it this last time with the white dress and pearl drops added. Gorgeous!!! I have said this time and time again but Mary really needs a diamond necklace. She would look smashing in a very simple diamond riviere (sp) I also think it would beef up her wedding tiara by having a diamond necklace on, then she could wear it with her cocktail dresses and such when she's not in full gala!!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Courtier

Mary new brooch

Can someone help please. Hello magazine has published a photo of Prss Mary on the back page of issue - no 1120 April 26. She is dressed elegantly in a black coat over a lilac lace dress wearing a new brooch. Behind her is Carlsberg Museum. I would like to know what she was attending so I could get a closer photo of the brooch. Or if anyone can tell me about the brooch. Looks like two diamond flowers on a single stem.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Nobility

Tarlita,
I think Mary wore that outfit when attending the opening of the "Queen of Denmark" Exhibition. Mary and Frederik were there together with the Queen and PH.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Courtier

I ve read in many posts concerning Mary's jewellery that is weird Marie's diamond tiara is bigger than Mary's but, to tell the truth, I really don't feel sorry for Mary having a smaller diamond tiara than Marie, because:
a) Marie's tiara is just a loan form the royal family ,while Mary's is at least her own personal property. Marie will only have her own tiara if QMII leaves a tiara to her or to Joachim - if not she will be on loan probabbly for ever.
b) Once Mary becomes the Queen she will have a vast collection to choose from. Marie will most likely stuck to her tiara.
c) she is the only Crown Princess who has a whole parure at her exclusive disposal. And not just any parure, but a parure which is a historic piece as well. It dates back at Napoleon's time right?

By the way, I can't understand why Mary keeps buying all these Dulong's jewel. They look very similar to me ( some even identical). She could on the other hand raise money and buy a nice classic piece with semi precious stones instead.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Courtier

I like HRH's mix of antique and contemporary jewellery. I am a fan of the new "midnight" tiara because it is unique and new, and at the same time quite tasteful.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chota View Post
I like HRH's mix of antique and contemporary jewellery. I am a fan of the new "midnight" tiara because it is unique and new, and at the same time quite tasteful.
I am with you on this. I think Mary manages to mix new and traditional well.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflower View Post
...Marie's tiara is just a loan form the royal family, while Mary's is at least her own personal property.
In the interests of accuracy it should be noted that the ruby tiara is the property of Crown Prince Frederik.
In effect both Marie's tiara and Mary's ruby tiara are on "permanent loan".
Old 05-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Nobility

I think that the tiara that was beind discussed was CP Mary's wedding tiara, it was a gift to the Crown Princess from the Queen and PH on her wedding, this is Mary's own tiara.

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery