The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2013, 04:22 AM
Royal Highness

Well, I liked her outfit for the inauguration ceremony. But the ruby clips were the icing on the cake, imo.

She wore more pieces of the ruby parure at the evening event: the large version of the earrings came out once again.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...VVz4gyKmxx.jpg

Mary wearing her wedding tiara in Amsterdam. Its quite mediocre in comparison to other tiaras.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Earrings worn by Mary: https://www.box.com/s/57owp53mgzj80jg4q48b By Malene Juhl-Jørgensen. Mary's are specially made and cannot be bought in a store. They are 18 carats white-gold with champagne diamonds (whatever that is) and from a series called: Bille/beatle.

A specially made necklace, made by Charlotte Lynggaard: https://www.box.com/s/iy8e0dbqscep3o2lknjt

A My Friend necklace by Ole Lynggaard: https://www.box.com/s/rfhxxdg3pd1p7cu3nlca

ADDED: A wrist band from Marianne Dulong: https://www.box.com/s/7lo305puakkvf7dd34d0
Old 05-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Mary wearing her wedding tiara in Amsterdam. Its quite mediocre in comparison to other tiaras.
I have to say that I always favored Marie's wedding tiara over Mary's.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I have to say that I always favored Marie's wedding tiara over Mary's.
Me too! Marie's wedding tiara is such pretty smaller tiara yet it's substantial.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Royal Highness

Mary's wedding tiara is a bit too spikey for me, I definitely prefer Marie's lovely wedding tiara over Mary's too. I do think it looked lovely with her dress and hair in Amsterdam though.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do agree her wedding tiara is really lovely and the earrings are a pair of my favourites also.. but the ruby one is my total favourite ... I liked her jewels at theis event much better than her outfits and usually they are not the star attraction. IMO
Old 05-07-2013, 05:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I agree that Mary's wedding tiara isn't the most substantial around, but it doesn't look that small and dainty in the attached photo!! Depends on the photographer's angle , I suppose!
Mary is probably painfully aware that she in the "low ebb end" of royal tiaras, maybe a good reason for adding the pearl base & spikes to her wedding tiara? Not that I particularly like it but at least it comes it two formats now!

I would like to know it's provenance, but according to the DRF it's probably none of our business!

viv
Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Courtier

I had hoped that Mary would add the pearls to her wedding tiara to give it more substance. Anyway she looked happy and lovely in the Hallstein gown.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Courtier

Princess Mary's new earrings seen on her arrival in Malaysia, May 27 and today, May 30 : Photo from AP Photo

is from jewlscph: Earrings D2019 - Diamonds - JEWLSCPH
Old 05-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very cute....
Old 05-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
I agree that Mary's wedding tiara isn't the most substantial around, but it doesn't look that small and dainty in the attached photo!! Depends on the photographer's angle , I suppose!
Mary is probably painfully aware that she in the "low ebb end" of royal tiaras, maybe a good reason for adding the pearl base & spikes to her wedding tiara? Not that I particularly like it but at least it comes it two formats now!

I would like to know it's provenance, but according to the DRF it's probably none of our business!

viv
I'm guessing that Mary's wedding tiara, a gift from QMII and Henrik, was smaller because she was also given the ruby parure and, one day, is in line to inherit the motherload of tiaras now owned/worn by QMII. Anyway, that's a trade-off I would take!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am suprise Mary can't use the Tiaras from The Queen Margrethe, like Maxima when she was a princess she used tiaras that was still in use for the Queen Beatrix.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I am suprise Mary can't use the Tiaras from The Queen Margrethe, like Maxima when she was a princess she used tiaras that was still in use for the Queen Beatrix.
Every royal house has their own way of dealing with how the tiaras and jewels are shared amongst ladies of the royal families. The British and Danish tend not to share them too much, whilst the Dutch, Swedish and Spanish seem to share a mot more amongst the "core". Thats just the way it is.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Gentry

I dont think that QMII has to many to share. She has the baden palmette, the agirette and the pearl dangling one. Oh and also the turqoise one she acctualy lend to her nièce. From what I understand these are personal property. The emerald one and others are crown property and therefore only worn by the one right to it and can not be taken out of Denmark. If I was her, I wouldnt share to much either. Maybe give the tourquise one to Marie, somehow I dont think it is approperiet for a ruling queen
Old 05-31-2013, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Every royal house has their own way of dealing with how the tiaras and jewels are shared amongst ladies of the royal families. The British and Danish tend not to share them too much, whilst the Dutch, Swedish and Spanish seem to share a mot more amongst the "core". Thats just the way it is.
What a pity! they can't share more! I wonder what determinate the share or not share?
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary wore the Midnight tiara for the first time in three years at the Swedish royal wedding:

Pic

Really wish she wore the Ruby tiara with the dress.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

wow!!!!!!! 3 years that she didn't use it!!!! that's a lot! and yes I think the ruby would have work too very well
Old 06-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't like that tiara lovethe earrings and the bracelet... I think the tiara is wrong for the red gown totally...
Old 06-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

I like this tiara and I think it looks good on her. It didn't go with the dress though. Her wedding tiara would've been better.

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery