The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the versatility of the ruby parure. She just wears these pieces so exquisitely.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Ok so this is different also for the necklace? She took the smaller version of the necklace (smaller??? hehe) from the Luxemborg wedding debut and put a pendant or bottom part of brooch on it? Is this right? Love Love that shes playing with those rubies!
Yes she took the bottom part of the brooch and attached it to a pared down version of the necklace. The last time she wore this dress on New Year's the tiara hadn't changed, she wore the earrings in their original form and she wore the bottom part of the brooch on a simple chain as a necklace. I love how versital she has made this parure!

Old 01-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can anyone tell what earrings she wore for her second daytime NY court event? When she wore the puffy pink skirt?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Royal Highness

I found this large picture of Mary's beautiful wedding tiara
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me...teso1_1280.png
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Roskilde, awesome pic. Thanks, its such a beautiful piece when shown like this but seems so tiny on...I do love the pearls.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Actually, the wedding tiara has never been one of my favourites, but I kinda like it after Mary's had the pearls added. I'm not a big fan of too spiked tiaras, but it's evened out a bit when the pearls are on. Overall I prefer when she converts it to a necklace, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would love to know about the earring with the brownjacket and pink dress as well have tried to get a better look but haven't had that much time also... does anyone know???
Old 01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Wow I have never seen the wedding tiara worn as a necklace. Thank you for the picture it looks amazing compaired with the earrings.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the tiara is better suited as a necklace since its delicacy of design lends itself better to that form.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Let me know if I am missing any but Mary has had seven tiara appearances in 2012:

Pic Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 Pic 6 Pic 7

Great appearances of the stunning Ruby tiara! Much prefer the pearl version of her wedding tiara. So glad that she did'nt wear the Midnight Tiara in 2012!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Actually, the wedding tiara has never been one of my favourites, but I kinda like it after Mary's had the pearls added. I'm not a big fan of too spiked tiaras, but it's evened out a bit when the pearls are on. Overall I prefer when she converts it to a necklace, it's absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks Archduchess Zelia

Like Kit said, I too haven't seen the wedding tiara worn as a necklace. It is very nice and interesting that she can wear it as both tiara and a necklace. It is truly beautiful. But it is rare that we see it as a necklace, isn't it?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder how much work is involved for a jeweler to convert the tiara to a necklace. A diamond necklace is really one of the things I think the princess is lacking and in need of.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Mary wearing some tacky earrings (only on one side) at the CIFF fashion show.
La princesse Mary de Danemark au Salon international de la Mode de Copenhague (CIFF), dont elle est ...

Don't like the other "jewellery" either
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/160...LMYaY9mg%3d%3d
Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Mary wearing some tacky earrings (only on one side) at the CIFF fashion show.
La princesse Mary de Danemark au Salon international de la Mode de Copenhague (CIFF), dont elle est ...
What's tacky about the earring?
Earrings come in all shapes - these are rectangular. Taste differs of course but I don't understand what is tacky about it.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Courtier

This earring is from Line & Co and is 14cts with 7 diamonds retails from 6,200 kroner. Found it on Royal Ladies fashion thread - purse forum. You never know she may have received them as a 40th bday gift or xmas present.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't see what's tacky about the jewelry either. It's not something I would wear either but I think it looks good on Mary and I definitely don't think it's tacky in any way.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think it's tacky but I don't like it... and is my observation correct .. there is only one ?? worse still, the whole look was a bit off, but I do think that made it worse!!IMO of course
Old 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I find it tacky, something that Stephanie Monaco wear but not Mary, it looks quite chavy especially wearing only one piece and nothing on the other ear.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to agree with you on this, Duke. Here in Spain that kind of jewellery is something that only a "choni" would wear, I think the equivalent English word for choni is "chav".

If she had wore the two earrings, maybe the effect would be different. Worn this way, it creates the effect of multipierced ear that for me is anything but elegant.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

That's an odd look with the one earring and I don't like the positioning of it either.

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery