Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I too love this look. It is perfectly placed and looks wonderful on Mary. Le sigh . . . le purr! But seriously, does anyone know if the single diamond 'spokes' are en tremblant? That really would be the icing on the cake.

http://s14.postimg.org/ayr5ej0zl/cp_mary_brooch.jpg
I doubt it. Would be no reason for this type of brooch to have any parts ...en tremblant.

:previous: Why would there be "no reason" for this type of brooch? Antique jewellery was often mounted this way.

It seems that the majority of 'en tremblant' jewellery are brooches, which is why I asked.

That would be somethung. Ive seen many of these brooches and have never seen one en tremblant

:previous: Why would there be "no reason" for this type of brooch? Antique jewellery was often mounted this way.

It seems that the majority of 'en tremblant' jewellery are brooches, which is why I asked.

en tremblant means there are moving parts. (from tremble). Usually used for insects or bird motives. Not moving parts on a star.

This is actually about Mary, our Marie and Isabella, so If anyone can suggest a better thread to post this please do.

BB this week has an article about a jewellery designer, Mai Manniche, and some of the pieces she has designed for members of the DRF.
That includes details about the jewellery and her thought behind designing them.

(I hope you'll bear with me. I'm in the deep end when it comes to jewellery)

Lets take a few captions first:
https://app.box.com/s/miccbng8mufkxjaon9eomyfvjmz4f7oz
Top left: "The Crown Princess is really neat with round earrings, because she has a pointy face with a pointy chin. Apart from that blue is a nice contrast to brown eyes". - Mary wore these in 2012. The earrings are blue Lapiz Lazuli gemstones (whatever that is!) encased in 24 carats gilded sterling silver.

Left: "Princess Marie has what I would call a square face and such she looks her best with droplet shaped earrings which highlight the cheekbones". - Marie wore these in 2012. The earrings are in sterling silver with green onyx. (I have no idea what that is either!)

https://app.box.com/s/6treboua1g2s5wq1m1hrg2bpbcmcalz2
Top left: These Solitaire earrings was worn in 2012. They consist of a thin ring in black silver adorned with white topaz.

Left: These Athene-diamond earrings was worn in 2013.
"Apart from the Crown Princess having a pointy face, she also has a very long face and that's why she's really beautiful with large earrings".

Top right: These Multi-Hoops earrings in 24 carats gilded sterling silver matched the gold-print on Mary's dress and she wore them in 2010.

Bottom right: The heart worn by Bella in 2010 is made from black oxidized sterling silver and adorned with white topazes.

Mai Manniche owns the store, Jewlscph and this is what she has to say about the DRF wearing her products. The first time being in 2009.
"It means a lot to me that the Crown Princess wear the jewels and become so proud when I see it. At some point she was declared a style icon in a British magazine and on the picture she is wearing earrings from Jewlscph.
- The Crown Princess knows the background of the jewels she's wearing. She's very interested in Danish design and she is very conscious of what kind of jewellery she's wearing.
- The Crown Princess would like to receive guidance and I help her with that, but she also knows what she want's herself and what suits her. That I think is cool because it makes the jewellery extra beautiful when she's wearing them because the shapes emphasize her face and the color of her eyes.
With her brown eyes and dark hair it's especially smoke-topazes (røgtopaser - for you to google. Good grief I'm in deep here!) with a brown hue and blue gemstones which suits Crown Princess Mary perfectly.
She rarely wear silver jewellery and ear-sticks but rather gold and round earrings. And then the prices are usually very affordable.
She usually choose to wear jewels that hasn't cost a fortune. That's something everyone can be in on and can wish for. That's a signal to send - you don't have to wear crown jewels to look a million. And Mary does look a million".

The co-operation with Mary "It has definitely helped me along that the Crown Princess in this way has told the world that she backs me and Jewlscph. It has resulted in Mr. and Mrs. Denmark has seen in the magazines that a pair of the Crown Princess earrings look totally good and perhaps wanting them to buy them".

Last edited:
:previous:thanks Muhler.
Quite nice that she supports Danish design and jewelry:flowers:

I haven't seen it before but Im interested too!!!!

Mary has 6 tiara appearances in 2015:

This one is my favorite: the red velvet looks luscious. :flowers: Looking at all the photos, it strikes me how difficult it must be to 'design' one's dress and hair and such around the tiara. The whole look must be very difficult to manage with current dress standards. Nothing like in yonder times when the massive dresses went far to creating the entire effect. Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom