Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would like to see Mary with a nice diamond necklace and have been thinking that QMII could easily redesign the King Faud diamond necklace that she hardly ever wears for Mary to use.
I was wondering whether this necklace has been broken up, but then again, I doubt HM would mess with gifts of this calibre! It's sending the wrong signals. The Danish RF jewellery book mentions that the Saudi piece is set in platin giving the necklace a different lustre from HM's other diamond jewellery, which is set in silver.

Viv, I have suspected for a long time, since I became a member here, that the givers of the wonderful jewelry sort of expect the ladies who receive their gifts to tinker just a bit.
I honestly would be surprised to find out that any of the Saudis or other rulers who give expensive jewelry would take offense. Most likely they they are just happy that the pieces are used.
I think it would be lovely to see QMII let Mary have a go at some of the jewels that she doesn't wear anymore. I know Mary will get them soon enough as Queen, but why wait, especially on some of the less significant pieces.
Even in a poor economy, it would not bother me to see a royal lady wearing a re-tinkered piece from the vault. It is really ridiculous for people to complain about a woman wearing nice jewelry. I see the nice jewelry and clothes as part of the job of the royal ladies of which ever family we discuss here on the forums.

Do we have any clearer images of the pendant (attached to the string of pearls) and earrings Mary wore to the State Banquet for the visiting President of Turkey?

Do we have any clearer images of the pendant (attached to the string of pearls) and earrings Mary wore to the State Banquet for the visiting President of Turkey?

I have been wondering as well what stones make up these earrings and pendant.They look pale pink in colour and I don't know if they are new or not.

I dont think the earrings are new but the pendant seems to be.

I have been wondering as well what stones make up these earrings and pendant.They look pale pink in colour and I don't know if they are new or not.

Probably tourmaline, or something similar. Maxima has jewellery with a pink stone and diamond surround.

State Dinner- Visit to Denmark of the Turkish President
Images have been cropped (less than 20% of the original) and aren´t subject of copyright

Attachments

• marydenmark.jpg
    marydenmark.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 357
Tiara Mania. Great site!!!!!

I love the Midnight Tiara and of course the Ruby Parure Tiara is beyond perfection. As lovely as Mary's Wedding Tiara is, it seems too dainty for the hairstyles that Mary prefers to wear with it. It gets lost, but that's just my opinion. :flowers:

I love her whole look!!

Let's have a closer look at a new bracelet worn by Mary for the first time in Poland: https://app.box.com/s/eokpcjizvg86ej138z71

It's made by goldsmith Ragnar R. Jørgensen.
It consists of medals with their four children in gold silhouets on a bacjground of black enamel. And an additional medal with M&F's monogramme.

Asked whether it was an anniversary present Mary replied: "It might be".

Thanks for that bracelet pic Muhler, can't wait to see it more closely. A thoughtful gift indeed.

Last edited:
You are welcome, Tarlita. :)

A follow up on Mary's bracelet. Another member made me aware of the fact that several medals/medallions/whatever are blank.
You can see it clearly here: https://app.box.com/s/siz8c6q3rb7pqyi1dvh9
(Big file, so give it time to load).
(Alternatively here: http://royalista.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HJP3301-700x393.jpg same pic, different source)

So there is room for silhouets of say Frederik and Mary's parents.

or more children? thank you for posting this picture that opens the possibility for new guessing games/opinion polls:flowers::D

Marys earrings

Hello Marg, I have a photo of Mary wearing these white enamel flower drop earrings to a Designers Nest show in August 2006. Part of CIFF.

Attachments

• CPH 14 august 2006designest.jpg
    CPH 14 august 2006designest.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 247
I think Mary was wearing her royal ruby earrings and bracelet at concert. W need better pictures!!

I really like the variation of the ruby earrings with just one drop so that she can wear them to less formal events. Did Queen Ingrid ever wear them this way or is this one of the new variations available after the set was refurbished?

I really like the variation of the ruby earrings with just one drop so that she can wear them to less formal events. Did Queen Ingrid ever wear them this way or is this one of the new variations available after the set was refurbished?

My understanding is that the "convertibility" was introduced by Mary a few years ago when she had the parure altered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom