The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is surprising to me too, I thought there were many more events that Crown Princess Mary would have worn a tiara. Guess though to be fair, the twins birth removed her from engagements for a while this year.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary finally wore the Ruby tiara for the first time in a long time at the New Year's reception:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...12 Amalienborg

The back:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I also love the other gorgeous jewels.

Perfection!

Old 01-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

It's gorgeous! I love the hair ornament she had made of the spare pieces of the tiara. The setting of the brooch on the belt is also nice, fresh and a bit unconventional. And I think she has attached different pearls to the earings, looks like black Tahitians pearls to me. Mmmh, guess I prefered the lighter pearls, but it's so great to see Mary's creativeness. Very promising!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh its nice to see something different. Love the dress, but changing up the jewels gives it a newness to me. I agree, looks like she has taken her tahitian pearls and attached them to earrings and brooch. Hair jewelry is my favorite. This looks incredible with the hairstyle, I wasn't aware when she changed her tiara that there were extra pieces........hmm very interesting. I would love to see a smaller necklace made.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

She talked about the spare pieces of her tiara in the interview for the recent jewel documentary. IIRC, Mary mentioned that she was thinking about what she will use them for. So here is the result! I hope to see it very often. The small hair jewel might also be something nice for black tie events where no tiaras would be worn.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It's gorgeous! I love the hair ornament she had made of the spare pieces of the tiara...
Agree, and check out the pictures to see what she has done with the stomacher that is worn at the waist! Very creative, bravo!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have been gone for the holidays, did I miss the documentary, any idea where I can watch?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Courtier

She looks fantastic. I also do love what she has done with the remaining pieces of the tiara. However, I think it looks too much with the hole outfit and combination with the tiara. I hope to see that piece in the future as the only hair ornament. I am very convinced that it will look super on her.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I have been gone for the holidays, did I miss the documentary, any idea where I can watch?
Here, it's worth your time! There's a second part which deals with Russian juwellery, but part one is the one with Mary talking about her rubies.
DR NU
Old 01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pictures, IloveCP. Superb use of the remodified tiara and pieces, and Mary's hair looks absolutely stunning with the ruby ornament. I can't see enough of that ruby set, so I don't think it overdone at all with the tiara and hair piece. She just carries her jewels so well. I like how she adds different jewels to the ruby earrings, although I also would have preferred to see white pearls instead of the black Tahitian ones.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is there a stomacher and a brooch to this set? Because I think the brooch doesn't have a pearl on it and what she wore at her waist had a pearl. I agree that the earrings would have looked nicer with a natural pearl too. I love the hair ornament, with, and I think, without the tiara. Her hair was really great, showing off the jewels
Old 01-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure if this is a stomacher or brooch, but it looks part of the ruby parure. Mary just added a Tahitian pearl drop to it as she did to her earrings; part of the remodification of the parure, I expect.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pJ4dHttptx...2222222219.jpg
Old 01-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Majesty

Wow. Just...wow. Gorgeous jewels on Mary. I love the tiara.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that reworked style really looks good on her. I like how the tiara is tighter and more condensed rather than the open work of the previous design.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow. Amazing.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:01 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Sorry but its not clear to me: has the tiara been shortened in order to get the separate pieces or are these spare pieces that have been around all the time?

Quote:
I saw your question in the jewellery thread; I have been looking for the first discussion on the reworked Danish ruby parure in the Jewels of the world board but didn't find it. Here is a link to a discussion mid-December about the parure and the changes to it - Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Photos Ruby Parure (Denmark) - first 2 times Mary wore it

I like the hair piece as well. It gives the whole set added versatility. The long earrings may e.g. be showcased better if the hair piece is somewhat smaller than the tiara.
Thanks UserDane!
My feeling is that the parure has been shortened and that the "leftovers" have been used as single pieces for the hair.
Great idea since I am a fan of such "hair jewellery" and I like the ruby parure the better the shorter and less over the top it is.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r0695F-NwuI/TwDy6ivYuyI/AAAAAAAAmMo/3XDr3VYfeA0/s1600/222222222213.jpg
http://forum.purseblog.com/attachmen...1&d=1246279398

I am no fan of the brooch on the belt (it looks tacky and is overall too much) and I dont get the idea to bring black pears into the picture when its about diamonds and rubies either (on the brooch and added to the earrings, very strange idea).
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OE1lMT3R37...2222222225.jpg
Old 01-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Nobility

Neither do I see the point in adding pearls to the parts of the parure.
The ruby parure is so much better without them, imo. Especially the
dark Tahitian pearls look like steel to me..
Old 01-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Nobility

I have just read the RJOWMB discussion about the ruby parure changes.
I am quite astonished, how much people react to these changes. When it comes to the change of the original tiara, I have to say I do not see so much positive or negative in it - however, the tiara was never my favourite, so this might influence my rather neutral view on the change. For the addition of the Tahiti pearls to the earrings and brooch - Mary seems to love pearls (like I do ) so I can understand that she is playing around with them. I personally would not wear the pearl earring/brooch alteration with the tiara - I am sure they look better when being worn alone.
But - hey guys - it is great to have somebody who is trying new looks and who is providing us with new material for our discussions.

Happy New Year to all my fellow posters.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalisa View Post
Neither do I see the point in adding pearls to the parts of the parure.
The ruby parure is so much better without them, imo. Especially the
dark Tahitian pearls look like steel to me..
I could handle the creamy natural pearls . . . . if I had to. But the Tahitian pearls, so very rare and expensive, are so drear that they almost look funereal! Not a good look and they do nothing to enhance the look of the parure!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
I could handle the creamy natural pearls . . . . if I had to. But the Tahitian pearls, so very rare and expensive, are so drear that they almost look funereal! Not a good look and they do nothing to enhance the look of the parure!
She is very beautiful though! I think that a necklace of black pearls with perhaps a ruby and diamond snap would tie the whole look together. It does seem a little disjointed currently.
Personally I think it would have been better to wear the chandelier earrings which match the tiara and no pearls at all. I don't see the point in mixing and matching everything, it often doesnt produce a cohesive look.
Queen Ingrid never saw the need to, Princess Mary is a beautiful mature woman and shouldn't need to keep finding funky new looks. Having said all of that, she does still manage to look stunning!

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery