The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Commoner

Does anyone have a closeup of the pearl pin Mary wore on her white outfit?

Old 11-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica Lauren View Post
Does anyone have a closeup of the pearl pin Mary wore on her white outfit?
I think we do in the threads but you have to go back (I'm not sure where) I believe this was a gift and this was the first time we have seen her wear it. Don't worry its fun to relook at Marys different looks!!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

A gallery showing the jewelry Mary wore in Australia: https://picasaweb.google.com/1008659...kkerAustralien

And a glossary, which may come in handy:

Øreringe = earrings.
Armbånd = armband.
Broche = brooch.
Halskæde = necklace.
Ring = Ring.
Ur = watch.
Læderarmbånd - Leather armband.
Vedhæng = appendix.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Does anyone know the stone of the earring small drop which Mary wore on day 1 of the Australian tour see here
It's such a pretty earring.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Royal Highness

They're from Ole Lynggaard's "winter frost" collection. On his site are two versions: milky quartz and onyx. But no signs of light pink stone.
Winter Frost

But have a look at this different pair, stone is similar and this is rose quartz, so maybe Mary's earrings have the same gem in.
Ole Lynggaard - Jeweller Magazine

Hope it helped.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Does anyone know the stone of the earring small drop which Mary wore on day 1 of the Australian tour see here
It's such a pretty earring.
She wore these earrings for the first time last April 28, 2010 during the Russian State Visit in Denmark. Princess Mary accompanied the First Lady on a tour of Rosenborg Castle. The briolette stone is clear quartz from Ole Lynggaard's site last year.

-------

Actually, you can still see the earrings on his website as a photo without description of the stone: http://www.olelynggaard.com/fileadmi...ery/slide4.jpg

Last the description of the stone was included.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

A story from Billed Bladet: Billed-Bladet - Mary og Marie bærer ens eksklusiv halskæde

Mary as well as our Marie have worn the Georg Jensen necklace, Regitze.

So I wonder if the necklace is at disposal for the DRF, especially when promoting Danish design abroad.
In whicg case we may expect to see the Georg Jensen watch on la belle Marie's arm as well, at some point in the future?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

May be they got one each? it cost $22.600 so i guess probably is like you said at the disposal of the DRF, beautiful peace! I think to promote the company they probably have a lot of pieces at their disposal!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Commoner

I think they are loaned a lot by the different jewelers. Mary wears many pieces for awhile and then never again. I remember that Mary had a beautiful "floating pearl" necklace the first year of her marriage. It's really never been seen again. Maybe she has it. But I think many pieces are loans. Which would make it a great situation for all involved.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Courtier

The earrings are perhaps made of rock-crystal.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica Lauren View Post
I think they are loaned a lot by the different jewelers. Mary wears many pieces for awhile and then never again. I remember that Mary had a beautiful "floating pearl" necklace the first year of her marriage. It's really never been seen again. Maybe she has it. But I think many pieces are loans. Which would make it a great situation for all involved.
I agree 100% it is a great tituaton to be able to use this marvelous pieces and not to pay for them, who cares is a loan and you just have for a short time nobody can take away from you the pleasure to use it!
I was reading a little about the rubi tiara and I can imagine what wass the feeling of mary when she try it the first time know ing that it is a 200 year old piece and it was in the head of so many important women of history!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

My favorite Mary tiara:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Top 15 Tiaras: #4. The Danish Ruby Parure Tiara

I just love rubies! This tiara is very original,gorgeous and magical.It's even more magical with the matching necklace,earings,brooch,bracelet and ring!

So stunning.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Majesty

That is such a gorgeous and feminine piece of jewelry. Mary looks fabulous in it. It makes her look very regal, yet delicate too.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I really love the story behind the ruby tiara and I prefer the redesign that Mary had done to it. I like that the leaves are more clustered together with less space, and the versatility of the parure means more usage of the various pieces. And, of course, she looks phenomenal in this tiara.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary has done an outstanding job (and looks the best in my opinion) with the Ruby Tiara!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

Amazing tiara she looks really nice
Old 12-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Yes! I finally have a good picture of this piece. I'd like to figure out how I can knit one up.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

All her tiara appearances of the year:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cHf7bxQRQ_...2011Tiaras.jpg

Reading this,makes one realize that there are not as many tiara events as people think!

I just realized that she did'nt wear her ruby tiara this year! Oh well,I do love her wedding tiara with the pearls better than the original version.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's hoping Mary will wear the ruby tiara in January and February when there will be some festive occasions. And I also like the addition of pearls to the wedding tiara's base; gives it more substance.

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery