Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me quite a while to see that she had on the rubies under that hat. All I saw in most of the pix was the gray pearl.
Do love gray pearls but would have liked either or. And a smaller hat!

I admired the Ruby Parure once again! Such a magnificent set of jewels!

Does Mary have access to other tiaras anyway? She wears the ruby parure the most because it is HERS, a gift to her alone...Maybe all the other stuff she wears are loans (from the Danish crown jewels)...but yes, the purity and clarity of diamonds/pearls may have toned down the effect :)

OK ETA: Looks like Mary only has 3 tiaras at her disposal...her wedding tiara (diamonds and pearls), the rubies (HERS) and the midnight tiara (http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/tiara-thursday-midnight-tiara.html) So if was a choice between these three with the same dress and hairstyle...I guess she had to pull out the big guns...Wedding tiara (too small), midnight tiara (too modern and no backstory/historical lineage for such a European royalty event) So ruby parure it is! It has everything: history, hierarchical SIZE and total tiara one-upmanship... Yay Mary!

Last edited:
Does Mary have access to other tiaras anyway? She wears the ruby parure the most because it is HERS, a gift to her alone...Maybe all the other stuff she wears are loans (from the Danish crown jewels)...
Mary has no access to crown jewellery. That is reserved alone for the use of a Queen regnant or consort.

The ruby parure technically belongs to Frederik, as were the wishes of the late Queen Mother Ingrid. Mary does not own it but is permitted sole use of it as consort of the Crown Prince.

Of the three listed options in the above post, only her wedding tiara is her personal property.

Last edited:
Tonight, Mary wore a stunning choker and the pearl version of her wedding tiara. Hopefully, we will get closer pictures!

Pic

I'm starting to like this tiara the more I see it. Maybe because it's displayed so beautifully against the height of her hair. And that aquamarine (?) pearl choker is just stunning.

The moment I saw the pearl version of the wedding tiara for the first time I thought: this should be worn with the aquamarine choker! Now I got my wish and Mary looked stunning. Now I just want to see the aquamarine girandole earrings with it as well.

Simply divine. The two pieces go together quite nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely. I like the pearl version of her wedding tiara a lot

Peral version of wedding tiara is lovely here - it definitely adds more weight to the tiara. Adore the aquamarine choker on Mary

Perfection. Can't get enough of that choker. Her hair is done perfectly for the tiara.

Thank you for the pictures! Mary's choices of jewels are prefect for the gown.

I definitely like the combination of the wedding tiara with pearls and this choker. AND - I like that she is still playing around with her jewelry.

The bangles are gorgeous and I have alys loved the choker one of my favourite pieces she really looked lovely that evening iMO

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. That choker is very beautiful. On another note, I feel that Mary's wedding tiara is more suitable for Marie and, Marie's wedding tiara is more suitable for Mary. Just a thought! :)

I love the color on her. I always like Mary in blue. Not quite as much as I like her in rich reds, but I still think she looks great in that dress. And it shows off her jewelry beautifully.

I particularly love that pearl and aquamarine choker with her wedding tiara. They're such pretty pieces. It's nice to see them in use.

her aquamarine choker, is there a history to it

she also have a pair of aquamarine earings chandelier

:previous:
No history. Bjarne Steen Jensen wrote awhile back on the Royal Jewels MB that all the aquamarine jewelry Princess Mary has - aquamarine pearl choker, aquamarine chandelier earrings, aquamarine teardrop earrings and aquamarine ring - were purchased by Prince Frederik from a Danish jeweler. The choker, aquamarine teardrop earrings and ring were first worn when she was still Mary Donaldson. The aquamarine chandelier earrings first came out for a wedding Sep. 2004 when she was Princess Mary.

wow nice present from a husband!!!!! I thought they were from the family! I guess this cost a fortune! but for Fred is not a problem! i love them specially the chandelier ear rings!!!!

I love Mary in jewel-tone colors and this blue suits her brunette looks very well. The more intense shades such as deep reds are even more stunning on her. I like the selection of jewels worn and the diamond bangle is really beautiful.

I found this photo of Mary of what appears to be Margrethe's wedding brooch. Though, I could be wrong as I read that it is a Georg Jensen brooch and I googled photos of it, and I saw a lot of very similar brooches.

Last edited:
The brooches do look remarkably similar, but I don't think they're the same.

I think its Jensen. Its white enamel with diamonds in center while the Queens is all diamonds. I love it!

Please let me know if this has already been covered and I'll delete it.

This ring https://www.box.com/s/2j0j3xze76nya8biil3f
Was worn by Mary last time she was in Australia.

It's a Fusion ring by Georg Jensen, in three pieces. in 18 carats white-gold adorned with more than 220 brilliants.
This is the most expensive of the series of Fusion rings at a price of 90.000 DKK = 15.310 $ = 12.000 €.
The designer is Nina Koppel.

I wonder if this is one Mary has on loan from Georg Jensen. - The Australia trip was very much about promoting Daninsh products.

Do we know something about the earrings Mary wore yesterday on her visit to the school? Maybe diamond studs??

Do we know something about the earrings Mary wore yesterday on her visit to the school? Maybe diamond studs??

She was wearing her emerald-cut aquamarine stud earrings from Marianne Dulong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom