Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looked so beautiful, I would have chosen a better earring (although I like these). I noticed when she wears a hat she goes with a small earring. You may be right Ayvee about the ring, my rational was that these were important occasions so you wear your better rings so this must be a diamond...but what do I know!

The earrings are pretty, but I think they were too understated for her attire at the christening.

I think with the size of that elaborate hat, she probably wanted to wear subtle and understated earrings. Otherwise, the look would have probably been too OTT.

Last edited:
:previous: With the hat it certainly was a fine balance, but I think something a little more though still understated would have looked wonderful. Still, the earrings that she did wear were lovely.

Those rubies are so well-matched to that dress, just fabulous. Thanks, dbarn, for posting.

Last edited:
Fab Mary, could have used even more rubies and diamonds, maybe in the hair, or around the neck

Oh, my! Mary looks stunning. The jewelry and the dress are divine together.

I thought I was hallucinating, but I finally got confirmation from an HQ photo of Princess Mary in South Korea that her engagement ring has new emerald-cut diamonds added to the outside of the rubies. Unfortunately, I can't share that HQ photo. This is the best photo I've found that shows the engagement ring with added diamonds:

engagementring2.jpg

photo heavily cropped

If you go to newscom.com, search "Princess Mary" and scroll through the pictures, they have pictures of just her hands while in South Korea and you can see the additional diamonds from too.

It appears that the added diamonds were already present May 3, during the Fashion Summit event:

summitring.jpg

photo heavily cropped

-------
Have checked HQ photos and the first official engagement with added diamonds on her engagement ring was Feb. 27 in Washington, DC. Their previous official photocall was Feb. 12 in Verbier and we couldn't see the ring because Princess Mary was wearing snow gloves. Feb. 3 at CIFF, her engagement ring was still in its original form.

Last edited:
You know I thought I noticed something also and figured it was just a glare. Thanks ayvee!

Wow Ayvee, sharp eye! :flowers:

I think the ring looks better like this. I adore Mary's historical pieces and the ones she bought at Ole Lynggaard, Marianne Dulong and Georg Jensen but I never was a fan of her engagement ring.

A very interesting development! Mary seems to enjoy playing around with the design of her jewels. I wonder what led to this one...? Or if the 'new' stones are significant...? (Or if her prince took offence at the changes/improvements...?!)

It would be nice to see a clearer photo, but her modified engagement ring looks like it might be much nicer, IMO.

ETA: Are you certain it is the same ring, and not a different one? As the shape of the stones in the second look different from the first?

Last edited:
Maybe it has something to do with the twins? A push present perhaps?

I do not like her engagement ring with the added diamonds. I think it looked better before or if she would make it a ruby, diamond, ruby pattern all the way around like her wedding band.

Mary wore her wedding tiara and these gorgeous earrings tonight:

Pic Pic2

Interesting use of the color-blocking trend. Dress is fuschia-pink and purple, Sash and earrings are blue. But I don't think her wedding tiara works with the ensemble.

I really like her earrings. They have an old-fashion feel to them.

I wonder why she doesn't wear that opal and diamond ring or the larimar and diamond ring any more?

I always loved Mary's engagement ring but im not so sure i like it with the additional diamonds now it looks more like and eternity band - this is one chnage to far in her ongoing modifications of jewels

I really love that fire opal ring; that has a lot of color to it and the setting is just lovely.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of big jewelry, but I think that these go with the whole look.

The pearls I agree are totalll stunning and infact the whole outfit is beautiful.

Does anybody have a picture of the modern South Sea/Tahiti Pearl and stone (?) collier Mary was wearing once or twice in her early marriage?
I can't remember seeing it recently - but I found it stunning by that time.

Loved to see the return of the engagement pearl necklace. And wearing the clasp at the front is a different touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom