The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Commoner

As a newbie, could someone explain to me the reasoning behind Queen Margarthe's choosing the tiaras she gave to her daughters-in-law. Alexandra got quite an imposing tiara yet she was the wife of the the second son. Marie received a beautiful diamond tiara yet she is the second wife of the second son. Mary who is crown princess received IMHO an insignificant-looking tiara for her wedding. When she is with the other CP's of Europe and wears the wedding tiara, it looks very sparse and not suited to her position as the wife of the heir to the throne. Just wondered if others on the board could enlighten me.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary, upon marriage, acquired the use of the Désirée diamond and ruby parure which remains one of Europe's finest. The parure was bequeathed to Frederik as was the expressed wish of the late Queen Mother Ingrid.

Mary is also the only European Crown Princess with a parure reserved for her sole use.

The Crown Princess's wedding tiara is her personal property. It was a wedding gift from the Queen and Prince Consort and as such, belongs to her personally. Should Mary and Frederik divorce (and we certainly hope that never happens), then Mary would henceforth relinquish all use of the parure and Crown property (if she were Queen at the time), and be left only with the personal items she has either bought or received. Being the mother of a future King, it is entirely appropriate that Mary should establish her own jewellery collection beyond that of the state's.

It's understandable, imo, that the wedding tiara is smaller as Mary has the use of the ruby parure and stands to inherit the exclusive use of foundation and crown jewellery in years to come.

Princess Marie's tiara is a loan and thus, is still owned by the Queen but is worn by Marie with regnal consent.

As for Alexandra's tiara, the Queen evidently learnt from this misguided judgement which would explain why Marie was not gifted a tiara from the royal collection (as was the case with Alexandra) but instead is allowed the permanent use of one. This arrangement was confirmed by the court and ensures that the tiara does not leave the royal family.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

I recently saw these two photos of The Crown Princess with two brooches I've never seen before on another board. Unfortunately, the poster didn't know anything about them, so I was wondering if somebody here might know something.
Here they are:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Bobby
Old 10-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I know nothing about these brooches, but thanks for bringing them on. The 1st one is really ugly.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Commoner

Does anyone know anything about the necklace that CP Mary has worn recently? It's a long chain, has a circle at the end of it, looks to have something hanging off the circle (forgive me, I really am not good at describing jewelry).

Here's a link to a pic of her wearing it at the opening of parliament this year:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1008659...18189667690850.

I really like this necklace and I've seen pics of her wearing it several times.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasmama4 View Post
Does anyone know anything about the necklace that CP Mary has worn recently? It's a long chain, has a circle at the end of it, looks to have something hanging off the circle (forgive me, I really am not good at describing jewelry).

Here's a link to a pic of her wearing it at the opening of parliament this year:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1008659...18189667690850.

I really like this necklace and I've seen pics of her wearing it several times.
This is from Marianne Dulong. She also wore it to NYC 2007 Creative Nation trip.
Danish Royal Watchers: Frederik & Mary on day 4 of Creative Nation mission in NYC
You can click on pictures to enlarge them.

The top large circle is set with diamonds. The smaller circle is just plain gold and from it dangles a Tahitian pearl.

You can get a similar one on the Dulong website, although the diamonds have spaces between them:
Marianne Dulong Webshop

Princess Mary also has a smaller and shorter version of the necklace:
Danish Royal Watchers: Mary @ the Christmas Seal 2007

The small size is available on the Dulong website without diamonds:
Marianne Dulong Webshop
Old 10-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

Or you can go do your local craft store that sells jewelry-making supplies and make one for yourself. I did! It's not an exact match, b ut I've gotten lots of compliments on it.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Commoner

Thank you, Ayvee and RubyPrincess168, for the information! My sister makes necklaces. I may have to see if she can fashion me one!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Majesty

These are gorgeous pieces of jewelry. What really strikes me is the simplicity. I'm not a fan of huge and gaudy-looking pieces, and these are plain and speak for themselves.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mary wore what seems to be a new bracelet in New York. (photo on Belga) to post. It is in the fashion she favors. Small gold with diamonds.Its OK IMO, of course I would need to wear 5 of them...hehe!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Courtier

Princess Mary is wearing a new bracelet from Marianne Dulong. It is part of the Kharisma collection that matches her earrings.

Princess Mary Pictures - HRH Crown Prince Frederik & Princess Mary Of Denmark Visit Adam Aamanns Restaurant - Zimbio

From Marianne Dulong: http://goldmindblog.dk/wp-content/up...b%C3%A5nd3.jpg
Old 10-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Commoner

Very pretty bracelet. Very feminine and dainty, I think.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I just saw a post of CP Mary arriving at the 60th birthday party of Jarl Friis-Mikkelsen. Does anyone recognise the beautiful earrings?

Jarl Friis-Mikkelsens 60 års fødselsdagsfest på Skovriderkroen - Frederik og Mary fejrer Jarls fødselsdag

Jarl Friis-Mikkelsens 60 års fødselsdagsfest på Skovriderkroen - Frederik og Mary fejrer Jarls fødselsdag
Old 11-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nope, but they´re beautiful! Love the green stone matched with black.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't remember this fabulous brooch Mary wore on Flag Day. Can anyone place it?

Indvielse af Monument for Danmarks Internationale Indsats - Marie og Mary markerer flagdagen på Kastellet
Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Som info on a ring-combination Mary wore on her finger on the first day in school for Christian: Billed-Bladet - STILfinderen: Hvor har Mary købt sin ring?

It consits of five rings attached to each other. The combination is up to the customer.

As always 5 DKK = 1 $.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't remember this fabulous brooch Mary wore on Flag Day. Can anyone place it?

Indvielse af Monument for Danmarks Internationale Indsats - Marie og Mary markerer flagdagen på Kastellet
Princess Mary wore the complete outfit (lace blouse and skirt from Heartmade) last April 9, 2010 at the opening of an art exhibit celebrating QMII's birthday:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

On HQ photos from that event, the brooch actually looks like it's made from gold metallic fabric and mimics the design of the lace. I'm not sure if the black coat is also from Heartmade. I don't think it has ever been identified, but the gold spray brooch may actually be part of the black coat.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
They remind of earrings from Ralph Lauren's Fall/Winter 2011 fashion show. Similar but not an exact match.
Spring 2012 - RalphLauren.com
Old 11-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone agree that Mary should have worn her ruby tiara instead of that small one on her wedding day?

It looked like she did'nt wear one!

Or maybe Queen Margrethe's wedding tiara?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Does anyone agree that Mary should have worn her ruby tiara instead of that small one on her wedding day?

It looked like she did'nt wear one!

Or maybe Queen Margrethe's wedding tiara?
Mary's tiara was stunning and anything else would have overshadowed the dress and Mary's smile.

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery