The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
CP Mary's wears the pendant from the brooch of the ruby and diamond parure as a necklace/pendant.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

She is also wearing the brooch from the ruby and diamond parure at her waist!
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
This is why I love CPs Mary so much! She wears these jewels is such a fresh way!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I liked the idea of wearing the pendant of the brooch on a necklace, but imo the delicat looking necklace didn't go well with the rest of the ensemble: the grand tiara, big version of the earring, order chain and fur outweight the delicate looking necklace. Maybe the small version of the earrings would have been better. Also I am among those who don't think that the orange dress went well with the colour of the rubies. Unfortunately Mary only has this one grand tiara, but I would have prefered the dress without the train and with her wedding tiara on a less formal occasion.
I have to respectfully disagree here. I liked the idea of wearing the brooch's pendant as a necklace and I thought it worked perfectly with the rest of the ensemble! The whole necklace would've been too much. While I think the orange dress looked good on Mary, I certainly would've never thought of pairing Rubies with that color. I think maybe the point was to tone down the redness in the rubies by wearing the pieces of the parure where the rubies were smaller (tiara, earrings, bracelet, brooch) and spacing them farther apart.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I remember Mary the day before her wedding, she wore a red gown, long hair and the whole rubies ensemble.. what a difference with Queen Ingrid wearing them ..

Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

There ought to be a marked difference between an elderly lady and a young one.
Mary wears the ruby parue so well; I'm sure that Frederik's late grandmother would have approved heartily :-).
Old 01-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Both Queen Ingrid and Princess Mary do justice to the Ruby Parure.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

ayvee, you are really great! Thanks for all the close-ups of Princess Mary's jewelry. I thought that looked like a new ring! Any idea of the station necklace worn to church as she is coming out of the church on Christmas? I surely hope Fredrik added to Marys collection for Christmas.hehehe
Old 01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Any idea of the station necklace worn to church as she is coming out of the church on Christmas? I surely hope Fredrik added to Marys collection for Christmas.hehehe
It's hard to tell exactly what the Christmas church necklace is made out of.
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n.../necklace2.jpg
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...4/necklace.jpg

When I first saw it, it reminded me of the chain she used to hold a pendant during the New Year's Court for Diplomats in 2007. Here's a link to pictures of that event - click on the photos to enlarge: Danish Royal Watchers: New Year Court 2007 for the Supreme Court, military officers & diplomatic corps

I think the chain that suspends the pendant has the same thickness and length as the Christmas church 2009 necklace but then again, I haven't found any good photos for that evening so not a 100%.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I liked the idea of wearing the brooch's pendant as a necklace and I thought it worked perfectly with the rest of the ensemble! The whole necklace would've been too much.
I agree RubyPrincess, the brooch's pendant as a necklace was a good move by Princess Mary. The whole ruby necklace would definitely have been too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
While I think the orange dress looked good on Mary, I certainly would've never thought of pairing Rubies with that color. I think maybe the point was to tone down the redness in the rubies by wearing the pieces of the parure where the rubies were smaller (tiara, earrings, bracelet, brooch) and spacing them farther apart.
I think RubyPrincess you have a good idea why the orange gown and rubies worked together. I also think it was Princess Mary's fashion sense that pull off the whole look down to the purse and fur.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Courtier

Crown Princess Mary wore her diamond wedding tiara, diamond & pearl wedding earrings, diamond bracelet, royal family order and a diamond brooch/pin?? (next to the family order) at a Court Ball at Christiansborg on January 27th
Picture details
Picture details

The diamond bracelet, short fur and dark velvet dress are recycled from the February 2008 Opening of the new Theatre Playhouse event
http://www.kongelige.dk/photography/...otos/pic02.jpg
Old 01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

i wish we would have a better photo of the dress and her hair
Old 01-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i wish we would have a better photo of the dress and her hair
Check Mary's evening thread and the Danish Royal Family thread for more pictures

Is there a close up of the bracelet? Is it new? I dont recall seeing it before or maybe I just didnt pay too much attendtion
Old 01-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Christiansborg

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Christiansborg

sort of pictures.

I adored her jewellery last night.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Check Mary's evening thread and the Danish Royal Family thread for more pictures

Is there a close up of the bracelet? Is it new? I dont recall seeing it before or maybe I just didnt pay too much attendtion
The bracelet is not new...she first wore it in February 2008 as I stated in my post above (a link to the photo was provided)
Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Earrings worn by CP Mary at Ecco Walk IN Style 2010
Picture details
Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Courtier

Princess Mary has worn several pieces of jewelry from Ole Lynggaard (Ole Lynggaard). Ole's daughter, Charlotte Lynggaard designed the midnight diadem that Princess Mary borrowed for Henrik's birthday in 2009.

Flower earrings worn at Prince Charles 60th birthday and visit to Thailand. It is made up of two pieces:
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...slynggaard.jpg
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/LfzCX.../Princess+Mary
Here, the bottom piece is removed and used with pink drops, for a wedding.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...r%20-%203.aspx
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...lowerdrops.jpg
The same pink drops are used in the earrings in Vietnam.

Top earrings worn in Vietnam at a concert but hers has pink drops, 4 November 2009. (http://dantri.com.vn/c23/s23-360185/...rock-o-hue.htm)
Middle earrings worn for the reception of her patronages, 20 January 2010 (http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...%20Amalienborg)
Bottom earrings worn for the DK Collection for Haiti, 30 January 2010 (http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...ndsamling.aspx)
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...rdearrings.jpg

Similar necklace worn for the reception of her patronages, 20 January 2010
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...ard_stor07.jpg

Her stackable eternity bands first seen on New Year's Banquet, 1 January 2010
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...dlovebands.jpg
Old 03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

CP Mary has a fantastic jewellery collection - I like almost everything and not just the pieces from Ole Lynggaard!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Courtier

In Hungary 19 March 2010, Princess Mary wore another pair of Ole Lynggaard earrings in smoky quartz.
Photo from Reuters Pictures

She has the same version with rose quartz.
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n.../A1682-404.jpg

The smoky quartz necklace is also from Ole Lynggaard.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Very pretty earrings, i love the necklace too.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

ayvee, you are fantastic! Thank you for all the info!! I had wondered if the earrings worn for Prince Charles 60th and Thailand were borrowed. These events were within the same time frame and we haven't seen her wear them since. I hope they are part of her collection because they are gorgeous!!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

Tonight Princess Mary wears her wedding tiara with pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. The pearls seem to be of a serious size. Has she worn them before? That dress seems perfect for the ruby parure, I hope she repeats it with the rubies!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Commoner

maybe my eyes trick me, but to me it looks like Mary got pearls on the spikes of her wedding tiara

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery