The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Margrethe doesnt have any daughters, only DILs who might not be around forever but at least on pictures they would remain associated with crown jewellery as divorcees: I think its a matter of QM being careful and having learned from the past.
What should she have learned from the past? Alexandra never wore any of the crown jewels, either.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
What should she have learned from the past? Alexandra never wore any of the crown jewels, either.
Alexandra wasnt the CP, why should she have worn them? Mary is supposed to be Queen one day but from QM's perspective, anything can happen. Maybe thats why she is keeping her jewels close until they are going to be inherited by her son.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

QM never lent any of the jewels to either Alexandra, Mary or Marie. Also apart from the crown jewels. But she gave them family jewels as presents, e.g. the brooche Mary wore for Christians christening.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
I totally agree with you here. The idea of adding pearls is great - but the plain line of pearls at the base does somehow not fit. It would have been potentially better with alternate pearls and diamonds???? any other ideas?
i prefer the original version, it looks more delicate that way. but, if i have to choose an addition for the tiara, it would be with no-pearl base, only the other pearls, or a mixed and smaller pearls and diamonds base.

the hairdo didn't worked with the tiara, that hairdo made the tiara look weird.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
QM never lent any of the jewels to either Alexandra, Mary or Marie. Also apart from the crown jewels. But she gave them family jewels as presents, e.g. the brooche Mary wore for Christians christening.
that's the reason mary only wears the tiara she wore on her wedding, and the ruby prarure?

i have this doubt, is it true that mary has a tiara made for her?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Maybe thats why she is keeping her jewels close until they are going to be inherited by her son.
Or maybe she doesn't see a reason for the Princesses of the RF to have more jewellery in their possesion. When she was in Mary's position(please correct me if I am wrong) she had her own 18th birthday gift tiara, the Russian sapphires, some pearls and she used to borrow the Baden tiara from her mother . So perhaps she is thinking that Mary with her wedding tiara her pearls , the aquamarines and the exclusive access to the Ruby parure should have enough to work with , just like she did when still a Princess.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by missMaryanne View Post
that's the reason mary only wears the tiara she wore on her wedding, and the ruby prarure?

i have this doubt, is it true that mary has a tiara made for her?
Mary doesn't have a tiara that was made for her. She is allowed to borrow the Midnight Tiara that was a designed by Charlotte Lynggaard for Ole Lynggaard

The Midnight Tiara
Old 05-28-2011, 07:05 AM
Royal Highness

Belga has a good close-up of the diamond earrings which Mary wore at the concert for Maxima's 40th birthday:
Picture details
Old 05-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Nobility

Thanks.
Beautiful earrings.

Are they new, or has Mary worn them before?
Old 05-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

They are certainly beautiful and they make her look quite ethereal. I don't remember ever seeing them before. Perhaps they were a birthday present.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mary has had these for about 2 years and has worn them often. I love them also, but I wish she would have had more jewels on. A brooch or necklace something to add to her look. I guess her hubby didn't listen to me and buy her a diamond necklace for her push gift.........!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Mary has already wore these earrings:

February 2010 & April 2010
Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has worn those earring a great deal since her marriage I really love them and thought they looked lovely with the pink marshmallow dress and would love to own them.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary seems to be wearing a new delicate necklace (necklaces) its very Marianne Dulongish and that seems to be what Mary prefers.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Mary at Nathalie of Berleburg's wedding. Pretty necklace and earrings
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-d9wDB9MTnJ..._Berleburg.jpg
Old 06-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are those citrine earrings? Are the pieces new?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Are those citrine earrings? Are the pieces new?
Not new. The stones are very light pink in color. It could either be kunzite, morganite, rose quartz or very light pink amethyst. We can only speculate on what kind of stone it is.

The necklace/pendant appeared at a wedding and she wore the same gown too in 2006: http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2006/06061061.jpg

The earrings are from Cenius and Bach and have interchangeable drops: oval amethyst, oval light peach color and light pink emerald-cut ones.

The light pink emerald-cut ones:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/May2008/08050526.jpg

The oval light peach or champagne color:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/May2009/PPE09051961.jpg

The oval amethyst drops:
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09010522.jpg
Old 06-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Courtier

Thanks so much. I recognized the first one but did not make the connection to the rest. Great eye!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Royal Highness

The stones might be pink topaz also? Very pretty set.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Princess Mary at Nathalie of Berleburg's wedding. Pretty necklace and earrings
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-d9wDB9MTnJ..._Berleburg.jpg
but somehow I don't like the overall look. She looks somehow not her best???

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery