The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Courtier

My main problem with the additions is the solid pearl band, because as many mentioned this is a delicate design and that is part of its beauty. I believe that fewer pearls with a nice space between them would have been better, and my ideal would have been something similar to the base of the tiara Marie uses, distinct from the "main" piece with diamonds and pearls alternating upon a wire. I wish I could handle Photoshop !

Old 05-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Your right dazzling, she does have the ruby tiara which is quite something. I would have preferred a diamond base, but I do realize that pearls are much more affordable and the do look stunning with her wedding earrings!
Good idea about the diamond base. Maybe they can find a diamond necklace to go with it? The more different versions, the better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
True, I think the wedding tiara is too mingy and the ruby tiara (especially with full jewellery gear) can be quite over the top. It would be nice to see Mary with something fitting right inbetween the extremes.

I am glad there was no ruby tiara tonight, it would have been over the top.
Right, just imagine Mary with the ruby tiara, while the Queen wears the small turqoise bandeau. Absolutely impossible!

The midnight tiara has a good size. Just between the big rubies and the small wedding tiara. But it is only a loan from the jeweller and so far seems to be reserved to family events.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree and you can easily see that the pearls were added at a later stage, it somehow doesnt blend in with the original design.

Mary needs a more prestiguos tiara than this one, it actually looks pretty cheap in comparison.
DOM you took the words right out of my mouth. Cheap would be a good description. Especially compared to Marie's tiara at the same event.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Personally I don't really like the altered tiara. Imo the pearls look out of place. I would have added some larger pearls at the larger spikes and some smaller pearls at the smaller spikes... the pearl bandeau under the tiara's base isn't really convincing me.... Personally I prefer the smaller version of Mary's wedding tiara.. But I agree with others: the tiara itself isn't really impressive.
I prefer the Ruby tiara and even the Midnight tiara.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have always loved the delicate nature of this tiara and am undecided on this change. I will have to see it again to form a final opinion. Hopefully the tiara is allowed to be expanded and sit wider on the head. The idea behind the change makes a lot of sense but the execution is lacking somewhat. It looks like something was added, rather than being a cohesive tiara. But maybe it just takes getting used too.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I can understand the rationale for the additions to the tiara, but I suspect it might look a bit better if worn with a different hairstyle. I personally did not like the way the tiara is now sitting on her hair.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Majesty

at RJWMB Tamara posted HQ photos
Old 05-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Courtier

I liked the new version of her wedding tiara. It looked lovely with the pearl earrings.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

I don't like pearl base, doesn't suit this tiara IMO. But adding something on the top is a good idea, it makes this piece fuller. I hope that the alternation is not permanent and we will see original design in the future. I like this tiara convertible into a necklace.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the pearl base; they give it a Rennaisance feel to the tiara.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
I don't like pearl base, doesn't suit this tiara IMO. But adding something on the top is a good idea, it makes this piece fuller. I hope that the alternation is not permanent and we will see original design in the future. I like this tiara convertible into a necklace.
i have to agree with you

i felt that the pearls looked out of place

but iam glad that she trys to find ways to re-sett or use the tiara in other ways, i think we will see old and the new setting in the future
Old 05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

HMMMM...I was just thinking, now she is a little more limited than having the all diamond version which any other jewels would go with. The pearls change that a little IMO, wearing her amethyst earrings (for example) might not look right with this. Just a thought.....I'm still holding out for something else new.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
HMMMM...I was just thinking, now she is a little more limited than having the all diamond version which any other jewels would go with. The pearls change that a little IMO, wearing her amethyst earrings (for example) might not look right with this. Just a thought.....I'm still holding out for something else new.
On the other hand it will be great with her aquamarine and pearl choker. But I still hope that she can still wear the old version.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Courtier

I like this new version better than the older one. The older one was difficult to see. I do think it would look better if her hair was coming up to cover the sides. That way it would give the impression that the tiara goes around further than it really does.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

I think the tiara looks better, because it was pretty sparse before, it still is now but it's an improvement!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Thanks for the link! Tamara's post may be proof that the tiara retains its original form and can still be converted into a necklace.
When Mary is wearing pearls, she can add the pearls to her tiara as she did. When she's wearing diamonds, then she can use the tiara in its original form. I will love the tiara to get a diamond base! Now that would be an improvement!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I just saw the gala dinner of the State Visit from South Korea on DR1. And what a surprise! Mary has changed her wedding tiara, pearls were added to the smaller tiara spikes and a band of pearls was added to the base!!!!
Here's a screen shot: http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/44...600x600Q85.jpg
The tiara looks much better with the pearls, IMO.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymary View Post
I liked the new version of her wedding tiara. It looked lovely with the pearl earrings.
I agree, this version is much better.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
On the other hand it will be great with her aquamarine and pearl choker. But I still hope that she can still wear the old version.
Very true, that choker doesn't get out much.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Nobility

While I was searching for some information about Princess Michael of Kent, who is in Brazil, I came by an old picture of her wearing a tiara very similar to the new version of Princess Mary's:
Uma princesa europeia no Museu Imperial | maniamuseu
And also, Princess Anne has a similar one, although prettier:http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...WorldWideS.jpg (posted by Warren on Princess Anne' jewlery)

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery