Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4: November 2009-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too love it! It's modern with references to antique wreath tiaras. Size and colouring suite Mary very well. And of course the wattle flower reference to Mary's Australian background is a lovely homage to her. It's a very unusual tiara, and I'm also glad that it's not her only one. But imo the midnight tiara is a gorgeous addition to her other too tiaras. So she has three very different tiaras at her disposition.

I fully agree with you Tilia. Modern tiaras are generally a difficult topic and do not turn out that well in most cases but I like this one - it is delicate, unique and of excellent craftmanship. - AND it suits CP Mary.
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Midnight Tiara

Trip to Australia

Images have been cropped and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• mary.jpg
    mary.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 508
:previous:Those look like baroque pearls in the third photo. They're huge; I just love that bracelet!

And the Midnight Tiara is not one of my favorites, but it looks much better on than off. And is it me, or is Mary wearing hair extensions in the first photo in the series? You can see how the hair differs in color on the top and extending down. They're certainly useful in adding extra height for tall tiaras like that.

Nov. 21, 2011

Trip to Australia- Day 2

Morning
: Close up

Dinner:
new ruby ring and earrings.
The earrings are by
Ole Lynggaard

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Could this ruby triplet ring be a twin birth gift perhaps?

Beautiful color on those stones. And the earrings, would those be agate, jet, moonstones? They're really unusual and beautifully designed.

Love that ring, I wonder if it is borrowed or hers, time will tell!

Mary has some very nice jewelry. I love the ring with three red stones, and her bracelets.

Trip to Australia- Day 2

Morning
: Close up

Dinner:
new ruby ring and earrings by Ole Lynggaard

The pieces alone are lovely! I love the ruby ring, I wonder if it is part of a full set yet to be seen or a single individual piece. Pity she wore them together as they do clash.

I may be alone here, but I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the Crown Princess and or indeed the Crown Prince for that matter, are in the "business" of acquiring stones and pearls so as to then commission various pieces of jewellery to designs that could be attributed to the Crown Princess's personal taste.

Mary altered her wedding tiara with pearls during an incoming state visit to Denmark earlier this year and this ring does appear to me to be of a rather unique design. Especially when considering the size of the rubies.

In a sense, it would be a smart thing to do. As opposed to purchasing already crafted pieces, they would be created over time to the specifications of the client and ensuring them to be more or less, a once off. This would also allow them time to acquire a nice collection of stones.

Just a thought.

This one appears to have missed the attention of our otherwise vigilant newsdiggers: Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Mary viste sit nye diamant-ur frem

It's a new watch Mary wore during the visit to Australia.
A Georg Jensen watch in stainless steel with diamonds and crystals on the dial/clock face.
This watch is a tribute to a very popular style of watches from the 80's.

More on the watch here: Vivianna Pavé stor skive
(We seriously need a fainting smiley! The price :eek:).

Last edited:
Trip to Australia

1. Earrings and bracelet
2. Georg Jensen watch

Attachments

• mary.jpg
    mary.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 357
  • watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 296
The watch is just beautiful have liked all her jewels this trip good choices IMO

bertie5252003 said:
The watch is just beautiful have liked all her jewels this trip good choices IMO

She has some really amazing pieces very beautiful
Good for her!! She always looks so lovely

Strange she didn't wear any earrings on this night. I wonder if the earrings worn to the ball in New York go with this necklace.

Makes me wonder about loans or if the Crown Princess acutally owns such pieces. If indeed they are purchased then it's my view that such money would be best saved and put towards another diamond tiara and matching suite of substantial bearing. Just my opinion.

It is a stunning set though.

Makes me wonder about loans or if the Crown Princess acutally owns such pieces. If indeed they are purchased then it's my view that such money would be best saved and put towards another diamond tiara and matching suite of substantial bearing. Just my opinion.

Since she already has 3 tiaras and in the future will have access to more when she becomes queen, I don't see why she needs to invest in a new tiara especially when there aren't many tiara events. I think spending on the right pieces that she can wear is more ideal like necklaces, earrings etc to wear on daily bases.

I've been wondering that myself. Especially as a number of the pieces come with a hefty prize!
On the other hand the DRF doesn't pay vat, so that's 25 % off the Danish prices. And I think Mary can get a pretty good discount as well, especially if she prefer a particular brand like Ole Lynggard, Dulong and Georg Jensen. She's a living advertisment just by wearing the jewels.
As for some, very expensive things like the watch and that necklace-thing she wore the other day (I saw the price in UK Pounds and almost fell off my chair) I wonder if she hasn't an agreement about that being at her disposal but not actually owned by her, in the same manner as the Midnight Tiara and our Marie's new tiara.

Since she already has 3 tiaras and in the future will have access to more when she becomes queen, I don't see why she needs to invest in a new tiara especially when there aren't many tiara events. I think spending on the right pieces that she can wear is more ideal like necklaces, earrings etc to wear on daily bases.

It's not that I disagree with you or your logic, but the Danish collection isn't so big that it could do without a few added treasures...

Mary's wedding tiara could benefit with perhaps some matching earrings and even a brooch of similar design. Something that provides a sense uniformity, and so establishes a kind of overall 'presence'. Again, just my opinion.

I've been wondering that myself. Especially as a number of the pieces come with a hefty prize!
On the other hand the DRF doesn't pay vat, so that's 25 % off the Danish prices. And I think Mary can get a pretty good discount as well, especially if she prefer a particular brand like Ole Lynggard, Dulong and Georg Jensen. She's a living advertisment just by wearing the jewels.
As for some, very expensive things like the watch and that necklace-thing she wore the other day (I saw the price in UK Pounds and almost fell off my chair) I wonder if she hasn't an agreement about that being at her disposal but not actually owned by her, in the same manner as the Midnight Tiara and our Marie's new tiara.

Quite possible I'd imagine.

Last edited:
I think P Mary has borrowed a few pieces for this trip. Most I really like and they accent what she seems to like. I would always love to see more formal pieces but she prefers contemporary jewelry which looks very nice on her as well. Thanks so much for the photos, they are so great!!

Strange she didn't wear any earrings on this night. I wonder if the earrings worn to the ball in New York go with this necklace.
I think you are right, they are the same. Strange she didn't wear earrings, even something small would have looked better.;) The price.....:eek:

I would have thought that perhaps most of the new jewellry worn on this trip could have been gifts from the Twins birth or christening.

if she or fred bought all this jewellery certeny is osstenton of money , i know they have it but how many pieces of jewellery she wants? i belvie she probably get it as a loan ecause hse is a live advertisment!

It would be rude to knock back a gift [if they were gifts] from The Queen or Prince Henri or anyone else.

Here's an interesting post from the expert on Danish royal jewels, Bjarne Steen Jensen who is the author of 'Juvelerne I Det Danske Kongehus', the book about the Danish royal jewels. Bajrne has also made a documentary on the royal jewels which will be shown later this year. He posted the following on the (1) Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: "The Royal Jewels" documentary
(2) http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1320427373.html
The most important part is this IMO...
....Talking jewelry with the crown princess of Denmark. Her showing us jewels I have never seen before. Meeting the next generation....

...Yes, I have some information on Crown Princess Mary's lesser known - or not known - jewelry...
So it is apparent that Crown Princess Mary owns jewels which we have never seen. In addition, we do not know what gifts she has received as a result of birthdays, anniversaries, births and christenings of her children. And yes...some jewels may be loaned, but we really don't know. In another example, this same expert has indicated that the new ring to match the ruby and diamond parure was made from rubies and diamonds already in Crown Princess Mary's possession.

Last edited:
You know what else? Mary seems to space jewels out alot like we haven't seen her aqua and pearl choker and earrings in ages. Some of the pieces she wore to Australia like the baroque pearl bracelet and the turquoise bracelet are previously worn but not for awhile. I don't know if her stylist does this maybe....or not! The G Jensen necklace was very pretty but when I saw the price.....yikes. Not worth it IMO, but thats just me!

Trip to Australia

1. The diamond ring that she has worn during all trip
2. Gold and emeralds earrings

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
Trip to Australia

1. The diamond ring that she has worn during all trip
2. Gold and emeralds earrings

Anybody knows the story behind this beautiful ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom