The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2010, 03:15 AM
Nobility

If I remember correctly, Mary wore the oval hoop earrings at Fred's 40th birthday celebrations, with the pink short dress. I think it was the night she sang to him.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan View Post
Do you think Mary will eventually own the midnight tiara or do you think it is permanent loan tiara?
I suspect she may use it a few more times, but in time, as Queen, she will have access to a lot more jewellery, and will probabaly no longer use the midnight tiara.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:41 AM
Royal Highness

I thought the person who created it kept it but Mary can borrow it any time she wants.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenways View Post
If I remember correctly, Mary wore the oval hoop earrings at Fred's 40th birthday celebrations, with the pink short dress. I think it was the night she sang to him.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Fredensborg

With a pink drop to match her dress.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do like the gold hoops I just think she has so many better choices. thats all.
Just my tastes, I don't do gold hoops at night with formal.the diamonds she wore at pre wedding I would have liked better.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I suspect she may use it a few more times, but in time, as Queen, she will have access to a lot more jewellery, and will probabaly no longer use the midnight tiara.
If it is still the property of the designer I think he will be content to let her wear it. Lets face it, it will never be seen, let alone photographed, in such settings as that which CP Mary provides and let's be honest, she provides a wonderful showcase.

But somehow I think she will continue to wear it for some time and, following the example set by her mother-in-law, have a contemporary tiara. Admittedly it isn't in quite the same league as the illustrious Poppies but, you can't have everything!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
If it is still the property of the designer I think he will be content to let her wear it. Lets face it, it will never be seen, let alone photographed, in such settings as that which CP Mary provides and let's be honest, she provides a wonderful showcase.

But somehow I think she will continue to wear it for some time and, following the example set by her mother-in-law, have a contemporary tiara. Admittedly it isn't in quite the same league as the illustrious Poppies but, you can't have everything!
Mary wearing the midnight tiara is the best publicity the designer could get, and I am sure they know that pretty well. Why buy a big ad in a newspaper, when the princess will bring your jewellery on every frontpage?
I think Mary will continue to wear it from time to time, especially when there are several galas in a row and more than one tiara is needed, like the Queens birthday.
And don't forget Marg: some day Mary will have the illustrious Poppies on top! I really wonder if she will dare to try them out (in public).
Old 08-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I wonder if she could alter the poppies?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I think we'll either see the poppies altered (or entirely re-fashioned) into a new design and worn by either Mary or Marie OR they will be, at some point after Margrethe's passing, housed in a permanent exhibition.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

The think that the poppies themselves are not too bad, and one or two of them could look quite pretty on Mary's dark hair. I just hope that she knows her own style well enough to avoid the full parure.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

P Mary seems to be wearing some earrings we have seen before, but they look to come apart, I think she has worn just the top part, and some other bottom parts with these also!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

I think CP Mary can make the poppies work, heck! she looks good in just about anything.
Maybe if she wears just on in her hair like CP Victoria did in this picture at Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday.
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fot...3211563/5.jpeg

& hopefully sell those hideous earrings and necklace thing!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post

Not sell, just re-model

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Royal Highness

I would also very much like to see the poppies reused in another way than the queen has done. Individually, they are beautiful pieces and I am sure something really nice could be made out of them.

A question: Does anyone know the necklace Mary is wearing in this picture Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Marys travle kalender ?

Could it be a Georg Jensen piece on a long chain? I just adore the 'old-fashioned' Georg Jensen pieces Mary has worn previously.

Addition: try using the Næste and Forrige buttons in the links; lots of nice pictures from her recent engagements.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
. . . . & hopefully sell those hideous earrings and necklace thing!
No, no, no! Let's see if she takes up Madame Royale's suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madam royale

As for the poppies, this could perhaps be considered 'somewhat' of an improvement...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tessede/21.jpg
Old 09-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Userdane, it is from Ole Lynngard. It has a special meaning, I don't remember.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Userdane, it is from Ole Lynngard. It has a special meaning, I don't remember.
Really? Thanks a lot Rubies, I hadn't noticed it before. It's a beautiful necklace, isn't it?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think CP Mary can make the poppies work, heck! she looks good in just about anything.
Maybe if she wears just on in her hair like CP Victoria did in this picture at Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday.
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fot...3211563/5.jpeg

wow where you got that photo, thank you so much, it is the first time I see it, where she use them? i lve on her hair, I think better that QM not so many!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenways View Post

I don't believe Mary sang to him. Where did you hear that?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Does anyone have a closeup photo of this ring?

Tags
crown princess mary jewellery