Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Crown Princes Mary Jewellery 3

commencing June 2008

Part 2 covering January 2006 to June 2008 can be found here.

¤ ¤ ¤

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed a lovely pair of earrings she has worn (long, with a hanging circle and a large pearl hanging below that) that seem to my untrained eye almost identical to those worn by Chelsy Davie at a recent polo match.

Chelsy is pictured with a Beagle puppy. I can't find the corresponding pic of Mary. Can anyone help? :flowers:

Which event do you refer to, Marg? I will try to post the appropriate earrings you mention.

ayvee

Last edited by a moderator:
Which event do you refer to, Marg? I will try to post the appropriate earrings you mention. ayvee
I don't know which event Mary was at or if it was a casual shot but I saw the photo on the board within the last 3 - 4 days. I just saw the earrings and went bingo! Thus started the very long and unsucessful trawl. :coffee:
I just about went crazy looking in all the wrong places. :headache:

Well, why dont you check out Danish Royal Watchers (I have limited this link to posts about Mary) and royals.web-log.nl and see if you can find the earrings there, both sites are fairly comprehensive. If you dont see the earrings you're after we'll have a rethink, or maybe ayvee can be of more help???

Princess Mary wore a new pair of earrings during the Flamand-Hom wedding. Marie Louis Flamand is the younger sister of Caroline Heering. This is the pair of earrings that reminds me of what Chelsy wore to the Phillips wedding.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/CPM/larimarearrings.jpg

Princess Mary's earrings are made up of diamonds with blue larimar teardrops. It from Marianne Dulong collection.

Does anyone know what the occasion was? It's hard to see the brooch, but it looks like a modern diamond design with a pearl drop. Lovely, can't wait to see her wear it!

Does anyone know what the occasion was? It's hard to see the brooch, but it looks like a modern diamond design with a pearl drop. Lovely, can't wait to see her wear it!

It was presented to Princess Mary during the couple's summer tour in Denmark. It was the 3rd day of the tour during their visit to Maribo, June 19, 2008.

If you had to describe Crown Princess Mary's jewelry style, or her taste in jewelry, what would it be?

I've heard of various jewelry "personalities" as follows:

Adventurist...delight in unexpected twists...completely unsnobby about provenance or price...tinker with styling...creative type who loves odd/different combinations...idol is Victoire de Castellane...

Exhibitionist...interested in the extraordinary, ruthless in the pursuit of the jaw-dropping...on the hunt for special pieces that no one else will have...full of confidence and brash style...wear of extraordinary may be "blazing" or subtle...travels the world to discover extremely rare finds...thrives on showstopping pieces...idol is Miuccia Prada (or?)...

Minimalist...almost bare, eschew the maintenance of the frequently rotated or don't have interest...keeps maintenance to a minimum...relies on tried-and-true favorites...idol is Carolyn Bessette Kennedy...

Traditionalist...prefers the tried-and-true...classic settings...lives and dies by quality...loves family heirlooms, hates trendy...idol is Elizabeth Taylor (perhaps substitute Grace Kelly for handbags)...​

but I'm not sure where Crown Princess fits in. Or should Royals be in their own catagory because they're a mix of A, E and T?​

The bangles are by Marianne Dulong. One of the bangles without the circle is available on the Dulong online site:
Marianne Dulong Webshop
The one with the circle, you'll have to e-mail or call the store directly since the webshop doesn't show the complete Dulong inventory.

The earrings are from PureHeart whose designer is Princess Mary's friend, Henriette Zobel:
Pureheart
Click on 'Smykker' then click on 'Oreringe'. It's quite pricey for just a gold-plated earrings.

Princess Mary's stylist, Anja is now featured on the Marianne Dulong site. Anja is now a business partner of Marianne Dulong:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/CPM/anja.jpg
Marianne on left, Anja on right.

-Ayvee

CPss Mary's necklace that she wore with that coral dress

Hiya Everyone,

Does anyone know the stones that make up her necklace that she wore with the coral coloured dress that she wore to a wedding in either 2002-2003 with CP Frederik and also perhaps who was the jewellery designer or the shop?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
Emeralds and Opals

Is this the dress you mean? I doubt that the necklace is the one you mean, but she also wore the dress in Australia, sorry the pictures not better.

correct dress

Hiya Marmi,
That is the correct dress. The necklace that was worn to the wedding was a off white stone one.
Cheers and Thank you.

Was it pictured in the 'Mary, Princess with Style' book?

Well, depending on how much detail you want that could be a big task. I'm not going to post links as my flat is out of broadband which means we are on dial-up speed... But I can tell you off the top of my head that whilst Mary was at the olympics she re-wore the bracelet from the German-border visit (maybe the day with the floaty skirt?????????) and a large beautiful necklace with a blue top and white pants.
Rather than trailing through the threads, you could check out royals.web-log.nl or troonopvolgers.web-log.nl and hello magazime also definutely have a picture of the necklace on their website.

Hope this helps.

Was it pictured in the 'Mary, Princess with Style' book?
Hiya RubyPrincess168,
Yes, it was also depicted, in the Mary, Prinsesse med stil - Mary, Princess with Style book, page 30( Danish version).
Perhaps I can send a request to BB and see if they can answer my question.
At least, I got the name of the designer of her dress. Now, it would be great to have a book about CPss Mary's jewellery collection from her dating dates to the present with all the jewellery designers names etc.
That would be a dream book on my list.

Cheers and Thank you,
Emeralds and Opals

I splurged on the Aussie version - It's the most I've ever spent on a book! If it's the dress depicted on pgs. 22 and 61 that she wore to the wedding of Baron Otto Reedtz-Thott to Helle Zofting in August 2002, they describe the necklaces as "beautiful stones of pale jade on a string with golden tassels, and a simple gold chain with a pendant casually tied around her neck". I hope that helps.

Maybe the pictures post in that link Board Message could answer your question :)

Yes, I'm already a member and have been since the beginning. I just don't have a photobucket account. I just noticed this thread had not been updated in awhile and thought others will be interested. I just wish I could have helped to update.

Photobucket albums are free of charge and very easy to use.

They really are DIVINE and one of my favourite pairs. Though they are amazing they are not ostentious.... I love her wedding earrings as well.

I think she is a mix. I think she is a combo Minimalist and Traditionalist with maybe a touch of adventurist. There are days she wears very little jewelry and she wears many traditional things both with history and things inspired by history. But she wears a lot of modern things by Marianne Dulong. So I would say she has a modern twist on her jewels. A sleekness to them. I love them all. Mainly b/c most of her jewels will look great 10, 20, 50 years from now and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom