Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very beautiful necklace for a daytime event.And it certainly matches Mary's blouse.

I really loved these two or more row necklaces she used to wear a lot at the beginning of her new "job" as crown princess. They looked so lovely on her as they matched with the outfits very well. Mary's choice of jewellery is really awsome. I just wish that the Queen would let her wear some other tiaras than the two she has. It would be simply lovely to see her wearing them.

I too wish she wore some of the necklaces from her earlier days as CP. But i know a few of them were loans. i would love to see the floating pearl necklace as I like to call it, that she wore to her first engagement as well as her visit with the Queen, Fred, and Henrik to Aros art museum.

:previous: What on earth happend to Mary's tiara? :eek:

:previous: Wow! That's a relief. :doh:
I was envisioning 2" Headlines reading "Mary's Desiree Collapses!" There's something rotten in the State of Denmark!!!!! Secret Service Called in to find Saboteur! I was using my sister's wee laptop when I looked at it and thought OMG! :hamster:
Since my job entails looking at a screen all day I think it's been :online2lo and way too much :coffee: !

Last edited:
The rubies tiara is gorgeous as always,you don't have to worry!Frederick should be careful with his hats from now on.

is this the smae brooch as the one above
brooch picture was taken during their visit to new york in february 2005

The brooch she wore in NYC was seen on Sept. 3, 2004 when F&M visited Legoland. It is different from the YSL heart brooch. To see more photos from Legoland and the NYC brooch, see post #69 on this link:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ry-news-may-2004-september-2004-a-3151-4.html
see post #85 on this link:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ry-news-may-2004-september-2004-a-3151-5.html
and this photo:
http://www.hola.com/galeria-de-imag...al=6&nfotos=5&subseccion=noticias-casasreales

Mary is a beautiful lady but not with tiaras.
Queen Ingrid was wearing her family tiara so well , it is difficult to wear this "parure"
after her and certainly not with long hair.

I have to agree that the the tiara is better suited to the hairstyle worn by the late Queen Mother Ingrid, and women of her generation.

Though I prefer Mary's hair long, I've always found her wearing of tiara's to look somewhat awkward, though I still like to see her wear them.

I also happen to think that on occasion Mary uses hair extensions in the back, to provide more volume (this years New Years Gala was an example...there was ALOT of hair).

With the expectation that her hair shall shorten in time, I think we'll see that tiara's will better suit her.

Princess Mary has a great collection of jewellery. I love a few things from it.

I am dying to know more about CP Mary's wedding tiara. We only know that it was a gift. Nothing about the history, where it comes from, how old it is... Why the secrecy?

For some reason, my recollection tells me that it was purchased via an auction; Sothebys or Christies.

For some reason, my recollection tells me that it was purchased via an auction; Sothebys or Christies.

The speculation started on part 1 of this thread that perhaps her tiara was purchased at an auction. There was one tiara that looked similar to her wedding tiara but after close inspection, it turned out it wasn't the same one.

So at this point, the only information we know is that QMII and Prince Henrik purchased the wedding tiara/necklace for Mary Donaldson to wear for her wedding. Nothing more and nothing less.

certenly I don't think the queen has to goto an actuion to purchase a tiara for Mary, i am sure the danish royal have plenty in the familly

If it were a tiara from the family vaults, they would have given more information on it on the official website, like they did with Alexandra's and Marie's tiaras. And there are not that many tiaras in the Danish royal family anymore, since queen Margrete's sisters also inherited some. So the auction theory seems logic to me. Still, as far as I know it is not confirmed.
Sigh...we might never know who made it, who owned it before, how old it is...
It looks like a historic piece to me, not a contemporay tiara.
Does anyone know what period it might be from?

I still think it is horrible that the Crown Princess had some dinky tiara bought for her and then Marie has that GORGEOUS floral tiara at her disposal. QMII really should hve bought Marie a simple tiara. The Danish Royal Family could certainly afford to have purchased Mary a substantial piece--or given her a family one. I mean, it is a lovely tiara and it would be impossible for Mary to look anything less than beautiful in it, but she needs something else. The rubies, while beautiful, are somewhat limiting.

I am completely with you, jcbcode99!! The Crown Princess is outranking Princess Marie and she will attend more gala events than her sister in law. I agree that she should have been given the more beautiful tiara, and the one with the family connection. After all: monarchy is so much about tradition and history. As for the rubies, they really need the right kind of gown to look really stunning (like the dark red velvet dress she wore once, that was so perfect!)

True, true, true, true! I'm still irritated that the Alexandrine tiara passed out of the family through Princess Alexandra; valuable pieces with rich family history need to remain in the main branch or in a foundation. I firmly believe this. I also applaud Queen Elizabeth's decisions to not necessarily give historic pieces to her daughters-in-law, given their personal woes and all--and when she did, provisions were made with regard to the Cambridge lover's knot and the choker. Although, Sophie's wedding (ungainly though it is) was created from elements of Queen Victoria's regal circlet. That's pretty historic. She must like Sophie a great deal! I suppose that Alexandra and Joachim's sons will get that tiara, but it will be SOOOOOO long before we see it again. Highly irritating, I tell you.
And, it may be petty, but seriously--why the floral tiara for Marie? That's just wrong. She should have received the dinky thing and Mary been given the floral. Of course, one can't see in to the future. It boggles my mind, though .Alexandra marries the second son, and receives, as a personal gift, that lovely historic tiara. Mary marries the Crown Prince and gets that dinky thing. It really should have been reversed. Mary really needs another piece--and it doesn't look like the Danish Royals share like the Swedish Royals do. As an aside, I do love how they share those jewels. That's very nice.
As for the ruby parue of Princess Mary's, I love it. It's amazing. Limiting, but gorgeous. I thought that it looked fantastic with the blue engagement gown she wore--of course, it's impossible for Mary to look less than perfect. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
But at the moment marie has the tiara only as loan and it doesn't belong to her. It might by one day inherited by Prince Joachim. I think the danish RF should build up a foundation like in the Netherlands and transfer all tiaras in it. I also hope that the Queen will try to buy the tiaras of Count Ingolf and Princess Elisabeth back after they have passed awy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary's bridal tiara is best worn in it's alternative composition. As a tiara, though delicate, it relishes little substance. I think you'll find it will serve future generations as the dynastic bridal tiara, and I think it entirely likely that Christian's wife (?) would recieve it as her wedding gift, off the (I'm assuming) King and Queen.

Though when worn as a tiara, I think it's best accompanied by her pearl choker and the diamond encrusted aquamarine earrings. Together, these are a most gratifying sight.

And though considered by some as limiting, let it be said that Mary is the only European Crown Princess who has, at her sole disposal, an entire parure of such size and history. Bequeathed exclusively for the use of the Crown Princess. I think it was a wonderful idea on the late Queen Mother Ingrid's behalf.

I for one, don't think much of Princes Marie's tiara. Well, certainly not the way she wore it at the New Years Gala. It's not a kokoshnik, so don't have it leaning back as if it were! Mary has made, what I believe to be, the same mistake with the ruby tiara and as a consequence, this hinders the majesty of the piece to an extent.

I'm still as mad as a cut rattlesnake that the Countess retained in her possession, one of the finest tiara's a Princess could possess (note I said Princess..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom