The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the ruby parure. I agree with Her_Majesty. When she first wore it, I too thought that the tiara looked too big. In the New Year's photos, it looks perfect, IMO. It gets better with age (if that is even possible)!

Old 01-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Royal Highness

When she first wore it the frame showed and it made the large tiara seem to hover a bit--she styles her hair in such a way that the frame no longer shows. It's lovely.
I seem to the be in the minority on the earrings--I adore the large earrings. But, perhaps with the tiara and necklace it is a bit much. Any photos of Mary wearing just the earrings?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can only echo how much I love the rubies. I just adore the rich colour of those beautiful jewels. They make he rthe star of any event IMO.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Something like this:
http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php...d_122_64lo.jpg
(PPE, altered)

It is a quite impressive piece of jewelry! With or without earrings. However the ruby ones suit her to perfection.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

They have now also covered the frame with hair in the same colour then Mary's. You can see it in Close-Ups from Joachim and Marie's Wedding

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-02-2009, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

The frame has been covered for the past two or so years.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, luckily.
Close-up
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/unca...1/02/court.jpg

Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

That would really be perfect. PMary looks radiant, even though this tiara is not my favorite ruby tiara she looks great in it and the rest of the rubies are really stunning!!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she'll look resplendent in the emerald parure, myself. The Desiree parure is by all means a magnificant display of craftmanship and HRH has worn it well these past years...the best still awaits however and to see her in Queen Margrethe's diamond floral aigrette (if "you" dont happen to think it to be an aigrette, that's fine, I do so lump it...) with diamond drop earrings, colliers and brooches adorned will be an absolute sight to behold.

Though I'm a firm believer in attire suiting jewellery and visa versa, so alot depends on what evening gown is worn with whichever item of jewellery.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
...to see her in Queen Margrethe's diamond floral aigrette
There's an excellent pic of the floral aigrette/tiara/bandeau at the bottom of this post, courtesy of Madame Royale.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

That floral aigrette/tiara is really a lovely and interesting piece. Margarethe wears jewels so well, and is an elegant woman to be sure. But, I do wish that she would allow Mary a bit more access to other jewels. I love that ruby parue--it is beautiful--but she needs a more substantial diamond tiara than the one she received for her wedding. In my opinion, not that it means much at all, Mary should have been given the floral tiara as a wedding gift--it is more substantial and has a lovely history. However, at the time of her marriage to Frederik (May 2004) apparently Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim were getting ready to call it quits and I can understand Margrethe being hesitant about giving a second family tiara away (in light of what had occured with the British Royals as well). Still, the tiara Mary received for her wedding is just so, well, dinky. It's lovely, but it's not exactly on the same level as the one Marie wears. I just think the Crown Princess should have a better diamond tiara than her sister-in-law.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Royal Highness

You've certainly got a point,jcbcode99!But I still love this diamond/rubies tiara and I want to add that it seems brandnew,like a masterpiece that has been recently created by Cartier or something.I wonder how much they pay to keep it like that....
Old 01-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, I completely agree about the diamond and ruby parue. It is breathtaking, and with her dark hair Mary looks nothing short of regal and exquisite and gorgeous in it.
For a very nice closeup you can go to the Royal Jewels of the World website:
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board
and the click on the first post of the thread that is called:
Princess Marie of Denmark tiara--this thread has closeups of Mary's ruby tiara, Marie's wedding tiara, and Margrethe's pearl and diamond tiara. And, they are detailed. You can see the settings of the rubies in Mary's tiara.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Her tiara looks definitely stunning.I really love it.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Moderator Emeritus

HQs
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Princess Marie of Denmark - Tiara :)

Old 01-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Any photos of Mary wearing just the earrings?
The small version she wore while attending the International Fashion Fair in Copenhagen in 2008.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2008/08020740.jpg
Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure what the emerald parure looks like, have any pics? I think PMary would look stunning in emeralds also!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

Danish Crown Jewels - Emeralds | Emerald Parure

Emerald parue, for your viewing pleasure!

Old 01-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Courtier

I think that the floral tiara Marie gets to use is much better than Mary's own diamond wedding tiara. However, Marie is much more girly than mary is. So I think that Tiara suits her well. And we must remember that the tiara is only a loan to Marie. She does not own it. The Queen does. Mary owns her diamond wedding tiara. and if somewhere down the road, God forbid, the marriage disolves, she will keep it. The ruby is a loan and belongs to the Crown Prince. It will stay with the marriage. Marie, to my knowlege does not have any jewels of her own that were given to her by her inlaws. But I would love to see Mary in another tiara. Even if only on certain occassions.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Danish Crown Jewels - Emeralds | Emerald Parure

Emerald parue, for your viewing pleasure!
WOW! That is something! It is a pity that Mary doesn't get to play more in the jewels. But the Prince has seen to it that she has a few nice pieces of her own. Lucky for the Dutch, even the lesser Royals get to get their hands on some of the really gorgeous pieces as long as they don't out do the Queen!!

Tags
crown princess mary, denmark, jewellery