Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to show my ignorance, but which tiaras has she worn? I know her wedding tiara and the ruby parue, but wasn't there another one? It is escaping me.

No she hasn't and as the danish Royals don't share their tiaras like the dutch and spanish Royals it is unlikely she will wear one of the others in the Queen's posession before she becomes Queen.

Well, that is simply shameful! Perhaps Fred will purchase her a nice fringe or something else to wear.

anyone knows why the danish don't share tiaras? and the jewellery is the same they do not sahe?

I think it is because the tiaras and jewels belong either
to the Crown Jewells which can only worn by the Queen and can not leave the Country
or are privat owned.
some also belong to a Family Foundation. Queen ingrid lenmt some of her tiaras to her daughters but it where the peaces they later inerited.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for your asnwer, but if they can not leave the country how do they do in a state visit in other country, so they do not use a tiara?

There is actually only one parure which includes a tiara who belongs to the Crown Jewels. The emrald Parure. There are other parures wtih diamond and with damond and pearls.
See here: Rosenborg - The Treasury, Section 3

They are on display at Rosenborg Castle in Copenhagen.

but do they take this one outside the country?

I don't think I every seen picture of the Queen Margarethe wearing any of the Crown Jewels (listed on the side of the above-mentioned website), other than the emerald parure. It's a shame because they look lovely.

No. This are the Jewels which can not leave the Country.

Queen Margrethe has also worn this diamond and pearl set often together with Orange-Nassau diamond and pearl tiara.
And this diamond set was for example used at the Crown Princely Wedding in 2004

so what does us the Queen in state visits? and why do they do not use this jewellery any particular reason?

Thanks for the link,Stefan :flowers::flowers:
I wish I could travel to Copenhagen and visit Rosenborg castle right now :rolleyes: Each piece encloses so much history.....

The danish crown jewells are really beautiful, all that sparkling in the the museum at Rosenborg is marvellous!

They are indeed marvellous,Jinigirl :flowers:
Does anyone know,perhaps Stefan,what will happen to them after the Queen's death?Can CP Mary or Marie have access to them?I mean,can they at least wear them when they will attend events within the country?:rolleyes:

After the Queens death, our Mary wil be Queen Consort of Denmark, and as such she'll can wear all pieces of the crown jewels (within Denmark) and all pieces left to her (I think that'll be mostly the Queens owned by QM (Baden Palmette Tiara, the Aigrette Tiara, the Pearl Tiara, etc.)

I love the Rubies.. and I am glad Mary doesn't wear the Tiara with the large version of the ruby earrings any more (like she did in the beginning).
I really like the Tiara with the hairdo she chose.
Somehow the tiara doesn't look that "overwhelming" on her like it did during her early Princess-time.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09010130.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09010116.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09010131.jpg

to compare:
Mary wearing the Tiara for her pre-Wedding ball (with the large version of the earrings..)
http://i41.tinypic.com/34zel91.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/vy9pxf.jpg
ibl

Last edited:
I love the Rubies.. and I am glad Mary doesn't wear the Tiara with the large version of the ruby earrings any more (like she did in the beginning)

Yes it looks great on her. It looks much better this way as when she wore it with open hair. But i think the earrings are now to small. A size between the big old ones and how the are now would have been better.

Yes i would prefer this to the one she wears now.

Yes,those last ruby earrings are masterpieces!!Generally,it seems that red is Mary's color :flowers::flowers:

I love the ruby parure. I agree with Her_Majesty. When she first wore it, I too thought that the tiara looked too big. In the New Year's photos, it looks perfect, IMO. It gets better with age (if that is even possible)!

When she first wore it the frame showed and it made the large tiara seem to hover a bit--she styles her hair in such a way that the frame no longer shows. It's lovely.
I seem to the be in the minority on the earrings--I adore the large earrings. But, perhaps with the tiara and necklace it is a bit much. Any photos of Mary wearing just the earrings?

I can only echo how much I love the rubies. I just adore the rich colour of those beautiful jewels. They make he rthe star of any event IMO.

They have now also covered the frame with hair in the same colour then Mary's. You can see it in Close-Ups from Joachim and Marie's Wedding

The frame has been covered for the past two or so years.

That would really be perfect. PMary looks radiant, even though this tiara is not my favorite ruby tiara she looks great in it and the rest of the rubies are really stunning!!

I think she'll look resplendent in the emerald parure, myself. The Desiree parure is by all means a magnificant display of craftmanship and HRH has worn it well these past years...the best still awaits however and to see her in Queen Margrethe's diamond floral aigrette (if "you" dont happen to think it to be an aigrette, that's fine, I do so lump it...;)) with diamond drop earrings, colliers and brooches adorned will be an absolute sight to behold.

Though I'm a firm believer in attire suiting jewellery and visa versa, so alot depends on what evening gown is worn with whichever item of jewellery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom