The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Courtier

Is there a picture of that ring Rubies? If so, what number in the Billed-Bladet gallery?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Courtier

Re: CPss Mary's rings.

I love CPss Mary's emerald rings. Does anyone know the jeweller that designed those rings? Has anyone found rings that are like those two emerald rings?

Also, does anyone know the jeweller who designed the necklace with the gold tassels at the end that CPss Mary wore to the 2002 wedding of Baron and Baroness Helle Thott-Reedtz or has anyone found a necklace that looks like that particular one?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
EaO.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Courtier

No one knows the designer of the green rings. The round ring with Diamonds she often wears with them are by Marianne Dulong. Many Mary watchers think that the emerald ones were a family members, possibley her mothers as they have an old look and design.

The tassle I cannot remember but it could have been Dulong as well. Someone else may know for certain.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Courtier

Yes, I love her rings. They didn't even come close to putting all the ones I have seen her in. Also, many of the photos are not that great.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Courtier

According to the Danish TV program "Go morgen Danmark", the tiara that Crown Princess Mary borrowed for Prince Henrik's birthday gala dinner, cost Dkk 1.5 Million. CP Mary saw the tiara at the "Tiara" exhibit at Amalienborg Palace. The tiara was only a loan.
TV 2 Programmer
Old 06-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course it is a loan , Mary has only ONE tiara her weddingstiara , a brand new tiara which was a gift from the Queen and Princess Henrik.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I'm quite disappointed we won't see the Tiara on Mary anymore.

I really liked it on Mary.
It's a very special piece with all the brilliants in it. I loved the details.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Of course it is a loan , Mary has only ONE tiara her weddingstiara , a brand new tiara which was a gift from the Queen and Princess Henrik.
I suppose you mean that she only owns one tiara personally? Well then, yes of course, that is true. She also has use of the ruby and diamond tiara which is part of a complete parure (tiara, earrings, necklace, bracelet and brooch) owned by her husband CP Frederik. She is the only one who can wear this jewelry set as she is the Crown Princess of Denmark. At least she owns her wedding tiara. Her sister-in-law Princess Marie has to make do with a loan.
I would hope that by CP Mary wearing this modern tiara that it attracted more people to see the "Tiara" exhibit at Amalienborg Palace.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Royal Highness

Me too I really had hoped....

According to the clip, the maker of the tiara have decided not to sell it but keep it - allegedly because it has been worn by a royal.

Now would be a good time for Mærsk-McKinney Møller to show his apprecation of the royal family and dig deep into his pockets.....
Old 06-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Excellent idea UserDane!!!! I hope since the designer has chosen not to sell the tiara as it has been worn by CP Mary, that the Crown Princess may be able to borrow it in the future! Still...it would be even better if it became hers personally!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:21 AM
Royal Highness

I too would like to see him find it in his heart to loan it to CP Mary on a more long term basis.....at least until she's queen.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary's bracelet,earrings & ring during her visit to Greenland
Troonopvolgers!: In Groenland.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

Beautiful pictures, Turkish Delight! The first photo is just wonderful - I love the headband, it really gives Mary charm...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like the simplicity of the jewellry. The headband she wore in her hair was also very beautiful.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

The headpiece is costume jewel, isn't it? Or is it a brooch attached?!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Courtier

It is most likely costume. It's not a pin, a brooch would not sit correctly on the head.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Majesty

does this not look like a bit like marys earings?
Free Image Hosting - Image Upload - Image Host - Free hosted at iimmgg.com

photo from
Upload your pictures - iimmgg.com
Old 07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Danish magazine Billed-Bladet has a feature about the earrings worn by CP Mary to the fashion awards earlier this year:

Billed-Bladet - STILfinderen: Marys indisk-inspirerede øreringe

She does have a lovely collection of earrings. This pair were designed by Amrita Singh.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, nice big earrings. I like the dress she's wearing them with too.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Amrita Singh - Bollywood - Jodha Earring.
Amrita Singh Earrings in Billed Bladet May 2009
lovely earings! and we can afford it!

Tags
crown princess mary, denmark, jewellery